X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by anil View Post
    commander,

Sonia gandhi has been getting summons from the US justice department to appear in US court for incidents that have happened in india. If the US jurisdiction can cover india then you can bet that india will do the same.
    However you have to notice if a rats ass was given to that by either Sonia or by Indian govt ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by commander View Post
      But sir you don't expect someone to be cuffed everyday to go through the x-ray blast to get that severe of a damage ? A small amount of X-ray is not that injurious to health and that too for a very short period of time. Especially when you are dealing with foreign delegates having to get into the controversy of stripping them naked an X-ray blast is far better in my opinion.
      Especially when its done day in and day out all over the world at airports.

Comment

But sir you don't expect someone to be cuffed everyday to go through the x-ray blast to get that severe of a damage ? A small amount of X-ray is not that injurious to health and that too for a very short period of time. Especially when you are dealing with foreign delegates having to get into the controversy of stripping them naked an X-ray blast is far better in my opinion.
        We're talking the equivalent of a strip search, ie to look up your anus, mouth, ears, and in the case of a woman, her vagina.

Comment

• Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
          Especially when its done day in and day out all over the world at airports.
          No, it's not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
            I have also pointed out that the way she was arrested wasn't well handled. I just find it fascinating that virtually everybody who is so keen to defend the DCG is ignoring the reason she was charged as they try to make her out to be a victim. She isn't a victim, she is a suspect. I don't know if she is guilty or not, but I surely hope for her sake that the people defending her in court do a better job than her erstwhile defenders on the internet. If not she'll be in jail until she is 50.
            I am sorry it took me almost half a day to go through the 30+ pages to understand everyones point and start making my own, in which I might have missed it :red:. I sincerely thank you for your support :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              We're talking the equivalent of a strip search, ie to look up your anus, mouth, ears, and in the case of a woman, her vagina.
              I still find it hard that x-ray being the only alternative for a stripsearch and as per your words not a fully functional one , this needs to be tackled as well since for innocents this is a matter of their privacy and for people from country like India a matter of their honor.

Comment

However you have to notice if a rats ass was given to that by either Sonia or by Indian govt ;)
                I was just giving an example which the americans could understand. The possibilities of using indian law to prosecute US officials are many.

Some of the WAB members guessed that "homosexuality" etc would be used to prosecute these guys which would spell a PR disaster for india. Indian laws are so vague and ambiguousness about everything that if the govt wants to put a few US officials behind bars, it can do so over even the most minor offences which would indeed stand ground on PR battlefields.

Comment

part of my frustration with this whole debate getting hijacked by emotion is that its getting in the way of considered debate

in broad terms - and I am not stating that this is what happened

eg. You cannot do a cavity search without getting permission first - if they refuse then they are advised that they either run the risk of arrest or they choose to be be x-rayed instead. both the cavity search and the xray require acknowledgement before they can be conducted

the event is also usually filmed so as to provide evidence if necessary that it wasn't coerced and that the individual was aware of their rights
                  in the case of females a search is conducted by a female officer in a separate room

at the moment I'm seeing lots of people getting angry and often they have no idea about the actual processes involved - but are quick to make assumptions anyway
                  as I said before, the smartest thing to do will be to wait and see the evidence - I have no doubt that this has been presented to IndGov officials at the embassy

At the moment both sides are looking for a way out to defuse and withdraw

quite frankly some of the conspiracy motives defy belief.

Both sides could have handled it better - but both sides are also recognising that there is substance behind the charges.

Thank god these things get handled in the background by cooler heads - at the moment its just plain embarrassing watching this spin out of control and distorted to feed already burning fires.

There's a reason why diplomacy isn't conducted via the internet.... :)
                  Linkeden:
                  http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gary-fairlie/1/28a/2a2
                  http://cofda.wordpress.com/

Comment

I still find it hard that x-ray being the only alternative for a stripsearch and as per your words not a fully functional one , this needs to be tackled as well since for innocents this is a matter of their privacy and for people from country like India a matter of their honor.
                    Well, what's the difference? Is she going to feel less insulted because we can see her vagina through an x-ray instead by a light bulb?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                      The problem with the barricade removal is that it appears that it was done by the GOI to provide a nice media image for the home team that India was 'doing something' and was accompanied by claims that security was being removed. Trying to walk that impression back now is going to be difficult and some folk getting indignant about perception surrounding this issue (not you) are deliberately missing the point.

It was a silly thing to do under the circumstances, especially given the media feeding frenzy. There were plenty of things India could have done that wouldn't have looked as bad in terms of India's obligations to all embassies on its soil.
                      Could this be the American media that has made it a big controversy this time ? Like Indian media stir the pot for their benefit ? I agree things gone from bad-worse-ugly and come to think of it all because of a issues between a nanny and her employer. What a waste of time and a down hill in India-US ties :slap:

Comment

• Originally posted by anil View Post
                        I was just giving an example which the americans could understand. The possibilities of using indian law to prosecute US officials are many.
                        Again, examples please.

Comment

Well, what's the difference? Is she going to feel less insulted because we can see her vagina through an x-ray instead by a light bulb?
                          Indian women do go through X-ray all the time for all the other reason , treatment etc but even if it's for treatment having to strip completely naked is an entirely different thing.. You have to understand India is not yet out of it's older traditions and hence a naked body inspection and a x-ray inspection could mean a worlds different.

Indian women stripped and inspected - sounds entirely wrong,
                          Indian women x-ray'ed and inspected - doesn't sound bad , at least to the general public who many are not informative as you and others here.

So my point in using anything other than to have someone strip be it a man or woman.

And it is not exactly that they would simply have a x ray screen in front but they should provide proper privacy. Anyway

Comment

No, it's not.
                            Across just the US, there are 65 airports employing X-ray full body scanners. I know I have gone through many in Europe myself.

Which Airports Have Xray Full Body Scanners at Security?

Comment

And it is not exactly that they would simply have a x ray screen in front but they should provide proper privacy. Anyway
                              Do you remember the last time you were chest x-rayed? What were you wearing?

Comment

• Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
                                Across just the US, there are 65 airports employing X-ray full body scanners. I know I have gone through many in Europe myself.
                                They've been withdrawn

Comment

Working...
                                X