Obama knew millions could not keep their health insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
    I fully expect the government to bitchslap the industry for obstructing the very spirit and purpose the law was created for. The problem was not created by the government but by its own circumstances when healthcare costs were spiraling out of control and threatened the nation's financial system.
    When you start to jack with a complex system to force an outcome to your liking, you better be ready to deal with the unintended consequences of your action.

The healthcare system was a huge mess before Obama came on the scene and Obama is trying to get a handle on the mess with the Affordable Care Act. So instead of being obstructionists, why don't companies and Republicans work with the system and make it work instead of gaming the system?
    In other words, why not just acquiesce to Obama?

Yes, there are problems, big problems related to healthcare. They should have been handled on case by case basis.

Business is reacting to new rules. You can't blame them. They didn't make the new rules.

My solution to the whole problem, and I know good and well you can't do this, is ban health insurance altogether.

Comment

Obama got the economy back on its track. Unemployment is below the level that he inherited when he took over the office. The Great Recession is over. Obama got US out of two wars. I don't see Obama being worse than Carter. You are just being hyperbolic like those Tea Partiers.
      Nope.

Obama probably delayed recovery quite a bit. Of course, that'll always be a point of speculation (like FDR delaying emergence from the Depression was/is) debated in economics classes in perpetuity.

Obama got us out of two wars (on paper, we still will have folks over there for years to come) on Bush's timetable. That's something he stuck with that I agree with his stance on.

I've agreed with his stance on several issues, but they tend to be things like banging on the Chinese for dumping tires, and smaller stuff.

On the negative side, he's repeatedly injected himself into issues he shouldn't (the Redskins, most recently, but I'll always remember his 'the police acted stupidly' press conference), the stimulus was a waste of money, Obamacare is a disaster, Cash for Clunkers was a disaster, Benghazi was a disaster, the IRS scandal was a disaster, cancelling the Constellation program was a big mistake, his foreign policy is a disaster, and on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Worley View Post
        Nope.

Obama probably delayed recovery quite a bit. Of course, that'll always be a point of speculation (like FDR delaying emergence from the Depression was/is) debated in economics classes in perpetuity.
        Nope. the problem was that the stimulus was not big enough. the Republicans delayed the recovery by obstructing legislation and acts that would speed up the recovery.

On the negative side, he's repeatedly injected himself into issues he shouldn't (the Redskins, most recently, but I'll always remember his 'the police acted stupidly' press conference),
        Those are small stuff.

the stimulus was a waste of money,
        No it wasn't. The problem is that it wasn't big enough because the Republicans wouldn't go along with it.

Obamacare is a disaster,
        Not for me. You are just being general.

Cash for Clunkers was a disaster
        Not it wasn't. It spurred new car sales and gave automakers some breathing room with their cash flow situation.

Benghazi was a disaster
        You just love saying the words, "it was a disaster" How could it be a disaster when it was premeditated in the first place. Only four people died. If you are gonna go by that standard, then the bombing of the Marines barracks was a fucking huge disaster and Reagan didn't do diddly squat. You and the others are just trying to hang this around Obama like a burning tire around someone's neck.

the IRS scandal was a disaster
        And something was drowned out in the outrage of the Republicans that the IRS also went after liberal groups and it wasn't that widespread as reported in the news.

cancelling the Constellation program was a big mistake
        I do not agree with Obama's decision on this.

his foreign policy is a disaster, and on and on.
        You just sound like a broken record.

Bush's policy was even a bigger disaster. After all he failed to protect a NATO member [I meant to say aspiring NATO member] from being beaten up. That is big.
        Last edited by Blademaster; 31 Oct 13,, 21:55. Reason: see bold text

Comment

Bush's policy was even a bigger disaster. After all he failed to protect a NATO member from being beaten up. That is big.
          Who?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
            Who?
            Georgia.

Comment

Georgia was not and is not a NATO member. She, along, with Russia, is part of the Partnership for Peace program. Georgia is not part of the NATO alliance.

Comment

Those are small stuff.
                The economy is not small stuff

No it wasn't. The problem is that it wasn't big enough because the Republicans wouldn't go along with it.
                It was a failure, it did not deliver what it promised... To argue after the fact it should have been more... He got what he asked for.

Not for me. You are just being general.
                To date, Obamacare has increased the number of uninsured and driven up the premiums of those who are still insured by forcing a one size fits all policy on people. The elderly do not need pediatric dental, and a 20 something needs family planning, not geriatrics... It is a disaster.

[quoteNot it wasn't. It spurred new car sales and gave automakers some breathing room with their cash flow situation.[/quote]

At the expense of used car lots and low income Americans who depend on them. Cash for clunkers was paid for on the backs of the poor who faced a massive price spike.

You just love saying the words, "it was a disaster" How could it be a disaster when it was premeditated in the first place. Only four people died. If you are gonna go by that standard, then the bombing of the Marines barracks was a fucking huge disaster and Reagan didn't do diddly squat. You and the others are just trying to hang this around Obama like a burning tire around someone's neck.
                Uhm, Reagan blew the fuck out of Beirut via 16" shells. We can argue if that was enough or not, but it was something... Obama knew the consulate was under threat by AQ and that it was the anniversary of 9-11 and did nothing to save them. He has since spent the time blocking Congress from doing its job in order to cover up his failure.

And something was drowned out in the outrage of the Republicans that the IRS also went after liberal groups and it wasn't that widespread as reported in the news.
                4 progressive groups vs 99.9% of conservative groups numbering the hundreds. With direct links established to the White House office of chief counsel. The only conservative group that got through used a progressive name.

I do not agree with Obama's decision on this.
                You do if you voted for him in 12

You just sound like a broken record.
                Truth tends to be repetitive.

Bush's policy was even a bigger disaster. After all he failed to protect a NATO member from being beaten up. That is big.
                No NATO member got beat up. Bush's policies will I think have far less impact on US prestige long term than Obama. Bush was an asshole, not well liked but respected for his solidness. He's a fucking god like hero in Africa. Obama has almost no foreign policy successes.... Other than killing OBL, Obama is pretty much batting sub 100. I bet Jimmy Carter thanks God every night for Obama.

Comment

Georgia was not and is not a NATO member. She, along, with Russia, is part of the Partnership for Peace program. Georgia is not part of the NATO alliance.
                  She was and still is aspiring for membership with NATO. I was wrong that Georgia was a member of NATO but the point remains, Bush let a friendly country go to the dogs when you castigate Obama for appearing to be weak. Bush looked very weak when he let Russia beat up Georgia.

Comment

She was and still is aspiring for membership with NATO. I was wrong that Georgia was a member of NATO but the point remains, Bush let a friendly country go to the dogs when you castigate Obama for appearing to be weak. Bush looked very weak when he let Russia beat up Georgia.
                    Because Bush didn't start WWIII over a nutjob he looks week instead of wise... Uh huh, talk about reaching for straws. Obama left Mubarak to his fate and now Egypt a vital strategic ally is in shambles.

Comment

No, the problem was that money was doled out on a political basis instead of a need basis. You should have seen the way stimulus money was wasted locally repaving roads that didn't need it.

It didn't go where it MAY have done some good.

Not it wasn't. It spurred new car sales and gave automakers some breathing room with their cash flow situation.
                      For Toyota, et all, yeah; for the domestics, not so much. Granted, they didn't really have the high mpg products required, and that aspect of it is on them, but again you have the government coming up with something on the fly, and the domestic industry didn't benefit.

You just love saying the words, "it was a disaster"
                      No, really, I don't, but if the shoe fits...

How could it be a disaster when it was premeditated in the first place. Only four people died.
                      Pretty high percentage of personnel....then a response of....meh.

Disaster.

If you are gonna go by that standard, then the bombing of the Marines barracks was a fucking huge disaster and Reagan didn't do diddly squat.
                      That WAS a gigantic disaster. And, yep, The Gipper didn't do much of anything. That doesn't excuse the Benghazi disaster. In fact it makes it worse because no one learned from something that happened almost 30 years ago.

You and the others are just trying to hang this around Obama like a burning tire around someone's neck.
                      Who's hyperbolic now?

IMO, they should have investigated all those groups (that would have been my choice) or none of them. As it was, they picked and chose arbitrarily (I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, here), which isn't how the government should work.

Bush's policy was even a bigger disaster.
                      Bush the Second made more than his fair share of disasters, from NCLB to laying the groundwork for the stimulus.

I don't see our problems through an R/D prism. I think we have a systemic failure in leadership, from the President on down that has been ongoing for decades.

Comment

I posted this way back when it happenned

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                        Looking back was it a mistake not to offer Georgia NATO membership?
                        Yes, we would've ordered the Georgian Army back to its barracks before it left base.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                          Because Bush didn't start WWIII over a nutjob he looks week instead of wise... Uh huh, talk about reaching for straws. Obama left Mubarak to his fate and now Egypt a vital strategic ally is in shambles.
                          Georgian brigadiers and btn CO's did not knew they were going to war.Or so they claimed.
                          As for Obama,he has the whole fvck up in the ME,aka the Arab Spring.The jihadists rose because they perceived a weak leader.
                          Those who know don't speak
                          He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

^They perceived correctly.

Comment

Japan is an ally of US while China is not and making a statement of defending Japanese sovereignty is not standing up but pissing off China? This stands in direct contradiction to your statement
                              The three allies are Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan.

Taiwan is not even recognized as an official country and US has toed the line so how can Taiwan make such claims?
                              Because they are the Republic of China and the Daiyou are claimed Chinese territory.

Moreso, if it does, then it would be China making the claim through its proxy.
                              Taiwan is an American proxy.

You cannot have the cake and eat it. Your logic makes no sense.
                              Of all three powers with claims on the Daiyou, Taiwan, Mainland China, and Japan, Taiwan is militarily in the strongest position to enforce that claim. Obama just told the Taiwanese to piss off.

Actually it is a good start. it sends a strong message to the area that US would defend Japanese sovereignty and South Korea knows this and Taiwan knows this and China understands this and Obama is not the first one to do so. You just want to find fault or blame in every action of Obama's. You come across as very biased.
                              Learn the region first. Obama is pissing off the Taiwanese. And it is obvious to the South Koreans where Obama's bias is as far as South Korean-Japanese territorial spats are.

So your proposed action is to do nothing and say nothing and get his head in the sands? Reminds me of the saying, Do something and you are damned; Do nothing and you're damned.
                              That's what his advisers are for. First off, state that Japan needs no help against the PLAN. 2nd, the US is under no obligation to defend disputed territory (and you would be an idiot to do so). 3rd, state that the Courts and not military force is the true arbitrators. 4 - go ask Putin for another bail out.

I have come to the conclusion that you just don't like Obama plain and simple and will find fault in everything he does even it stands contradicted to your principles of leadership or actions based on prior presidents.
                              I have no respect for a President who lets others walk all over him and begs others to bail him out.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                                I am using OOE's logic against him. Of course George Bush was right in not going against Russia over Georgia the same way that Obama was correct in not going to war over Syria, Iran or North Korea. I am using a counterexample.

Comment

Working...
                                X