Obama knew millions could not keep their health insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
    Yeah that was trolling. I'm hardly a shrinking violet but that post was just dripping with venom.
    Oh well, I'll go die in the street and get eaten by maggots then.

-dale

Comment

• Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
      I question that. Obama's promise would have been exposed as obviously false from the gitgo. It implied grandfathering. Rule writers forced private health care providers to expand coverage.

It was exposed as false by a minority of repubs, and quickly rebutted as 'loony' 'wacky' 'not true' etc etc etc. as to how far the original law went, I have no idea. Havent some internal memos been surfacing of late dating back to 2010 warning about just that? How long after it was passed though did Sebelius start adding in more 'rules' to limit it further?

How does the ACA get a cut of premiums paid for private insurance?
      it doesn't. the ACA needs people off of private insurance and into Obama care.

how were they going to do that?

Comment

• does anyone have the actual time line for when the ACA bill was passed and when it came into effect (this past month) and compare that with the election cycles? (and toss in the year long reprieve Obama floated today?)

Comment

• Originally posted by dalem View Post
          Oh well, I'll go die in the street and get eaten by maggots then.

-dale
          And cue the Drama Llama

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
          Then don't ever ask for medical services when you are sick and dying of diseases and whatnot. You better pay the piper's bill before you receive any services. You can die out on the street for all I care and the dogs and maggots can eat up your remains.

That is basically what you want to happen.
          But Dale makes a point, that is also trolling.

Can everybody just act like adults for f--k's sake?
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
            And cue the Drama Llama

But Dale makes a point, that is also trolling.

Can everybody just act like adults for f--k's sake?
            I'm just trying to have a conversation. Commenting on styles is now riding the Drama Llama? You KNOW me better than that - I've chuckled through people here calling me a Nazi, a racist, etc. over the years. You think pointing out style issues is me being dramatic all of the sudden?

-dale

Comment

• Originally posted by dalem View Post
              I'm just trying to have a conversation. Commenting on styles is now riding the Drama Llama? You KNOW me better than that - I've chuckled through people here calling me a Nazi, a racist, etc. over the years. You think pointing out style issues is me being dramatic all of the sudden?

-dale
              No I think you declaring your intention/quoting BM's nonsense about going to die in the street and get eaten by maggots is being dramatic.

Seriously, let's all act like adults and post like normal human beings.
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• In great news for those of us who despise Obamacare, we got to watch Obama shoot his own legacy in the head. By letting people keep their plans for another year, there is even less reason for the young to sign up for the jacked up premiums thus dramatically increasing the chance of a premium death spiral that will undo the entire law.

Comment

• President Obama on Thursday announced an administrative policy change that will let people keep their existing health insurance for another year, but the plan is already facing pushback from Republicans, some Democrats and the insurance industry -- with some saying the president's move goes too far, and others saying it doesn't go far enough.

The president's decision doesn't force insurers to renew existing insurance plans on the individual and small markets, it only gives them the option of doing so -- it also gives them the option of reaching out to the millions of Americans already dropped from plans and letting them renew their coverage for next year.
                  Insurers, lawmakers slam latest Obamacare fix - CBS News

Who didn't know this was coming? Good news for no one. Obama seems to think he has a magic wand, and all he has to do is wave it for everything to be fixed.
                  To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                    JAD,

politicians listen to polls and tell people what they want to hear? i'm shocked, shocked i tell you...

anyhow, healthcare costs ultimately need to be borne by -someone-. as US law prevents hospitals from throwing people out of the ER, the US taxpayer is already bearing these costs. maternity care for the poor? where do people think the funds for when poor pregnant women run to the ER is coming from?

the ACA ultimately acts to front-load many of these costs onto heathcare insurance vice healthcare, and to turn previously hidden costs into more tangible ones.
                    Are you basically saying now Americans are double taxed? Because I haven't heard US taxes dropped.
                    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
                      Insurers, lawmakers slam latest Obamacare fix - CBS News

Who didn't know this was coming? Good news for no one. Obama seems to think he has a magic wand, and all he has to do is wave it for everything to be fixed.
                      You think a constitutional law professor would understand how government works and that he is not King Hussien I of America.

Comment

• doktor,

Are you basically saying now Americans are double taxed? Because I haven't heard US taxes dropped.
                        hospitals are required to cover the cost. they do this by raising the cost of healthcare for everyone else. one of the reasons behind exploding insurance premiums.

it'll take time for the ACA to work, as more people need to sign up to increase the risk pool. thus today's decision by obama is truly stupid, both in terms of the ACA implementation and from pure politics alone. he gets to repeat this again next year, and hope that things have been fixed enough with the site/insurance market stabilized for this to be less of a shock.
                        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                          doktor,

hospitals are required to cover the cost. they do this by raising the cost of healthcare for everyone else. one of the reasons behind exploding insurance premiums.

it'll take time for the ACA to work, as more people need to sign up to increase the risk pool. thus today's decision by obama is truly stupid, both in terms of the ACA implementation and from pure politics alone. he gets to repeat this again next year, and hope that things have been fixed enough with the site/insurance market stabilized for this to be less of a shock.
                          wrong post.
                          Last edited by bfng3569; 15 Nov 13,, 03:53.

Comment

• Looking at the history of Canadian national healthcare, are any of you Americans are actually serious that your costs are going to come down? Are you all seriously telling me that hospitals will drop their prices? What? Have a sale on open heart surgery? Buy now, use later?

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
                              You think a constitutional law professor would understand how government works and that he is not King Hussien I of America.
                              no, but i think he's betting on the fact that the average american doesnt. (plus look at immigration, he has instructed ICE officials to not enforce federal law, yet he has had holder sue arizona for trying to enforce the law. how on earth does he get away with that?)

he also just created scape goats of everyone else, namely insurance companies, and anyone who opposes putting this off for a year.

one of the talking points i keep hearing being repeated by the dems and their supporters is the 'well, the policies getting cancled are sub standard and not really good for you, similiar to a 'predatory' mortgage, and we need to protect you from that, so if it doenst meeet the ACA standards, you were just to dumb to know better and we (the fed. gov.) are to tell you what you really need'. now it will be, 'Well Obama said insurance companies could reinsure those people that got kicked off, if they dont, its not our fault, its there fault'

but now even if insuarance companies re-insure those they had to cancel, and the states agree to it, the policies will be no where near the same cost wise, becuase now the insurance companies will have to figure out how to insure two totally different pools.

all by december 15th as well. (i beleive thats the date?)
                              Last edited by bfng3569; 15 Nov 13,, 05:19.

Comment

• Originally posted by bfng3569 View Post
                                but now even if insuarance companies re-insure those they had to cancel, and the states agree to it, the policies will be no where near the same cost wise, becuase now the insurance companies will have to figure out how to insure two totally different pools.

all by december 15th as well. (i beleive thats the date?)
                                Not only that but the Insurance companies use computers to assess policies. they've been reprogramming those computers to compensate for the new legislation. Now all of a sudden they have to roll back those software changes, as well as factor in already failed policies and all within a month? When the Govt. couldn't set up a basic website in 2 years?
                                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                                X