Obama knew millions could not keep their health insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Julie View Post

I just want to thank any of you idiots who voted for this moron, not ONCE, but TWICE.
    Seriously.

Comment

• Obama said you can keep your plan: An unwise promise that the president was right to break.
      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Ah of course. Under the old system the insurance companies never actually paid out.
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by bfng3569 View Post
          so was i.

private policies can't be reinstated unless the law is changed, it was specifically done to prevent grandfathering in of private policies.
          I question that. Obama's promise would have been exposed as obviously false from the gitgo. It implied grandfathering. Rule writers forced private health care providers to expand coverage.

to allow, what is it now, millions of people? with canceled policies to get them back would be a huge chunk of cash that the ACA is not getting any more.
          How does the ACA get a cut of premiums paid for private insurance?
          To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• So, in 2008 at the height of the ACA battle, focus groups convinced Obama he should 'lie' to Americans to get the ACA passed and that's ok because it worked? Words fail...
            To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• All of these "other" people I am helping with their maternity care, do you think they would all like to contribute to my daughter's college tuition? Probably not. Over 3 grand a year I have to now find and come up with for tuition. I did not expect this since I was told my policy would be safe. Again, thank you, thank you very much.

Comment

• JAD,

So, in 2008 at the height of the ACA battle, focus groups convinced Obama he should 'lie' to Americans to get the ACA passed and that's ok because it worked? Words fail...
                politicians listen to polls and tell people what they want to hear? i'm shocked, shocked i tell you...

anyhow, healthcare costs ultimately need to be borne by -someone-. as US law prevents hospitals from throwing people out of the ER, the US taxpayer is already bearing these costs. maternity care for the poor? where do people think the funds for when poor pregnant women run to the ER is coming from?

the ACA ultimately acts to front-load many of these costs onto heathcare insurance vice healthcare, and to turn previously hidden costs into more tangible ones.
                There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                  You are not paying for maternity care. You are paying for an umbrella of medical services that also includes maternity care. Guess what? That umbrella also covers other services and ancillary services commonly seen for taking care of seniors' medical needs.
                  I'm not f*cking your vagina. I am f*cking an umbrella of orifices that also includes your vagina. Guess what? That umbrella also covers other orifices and ancillary landing points commonly used for my seed. And waffles.

-dale

Comment

• Originally posted by dalem View Post
                    I'm not f*cking your vagina. I am f*cking an umbrella of orifices that also includes your vagina. Guess what? That umbrella also covers other orifices and ancillary landing points commonly used for my seed. And waffles.

-dale
                    Then don't ever ask for medical services when you are sick and dying of diseases and whatnot. You better pay the piper's bill before you receive any services. You can die out on the street for all I care and the dogs and maggots can eat up your remains.

That is basically what you want to happen.

Comment

Then don't ever ask for medical services when you are sick and dying of diseases and whatnot. You better pay the piper's bill before you receive any services. You can die out on the street for all I care and the dogs and maggots can eat up your remains.

That is basically what you want to happen.
                      All I did was draw attention to the fact that you said "You're not paying for maternity care, you're paying for maternity care", and now I'm the guy who should die in the street?

-dale

Comment

All I did was draw attention to the fact that you said "You're not paying for maternity care, you're paying for maternity care", and now I'm the guy who should die in the street?

-dale
                        Guess again. Your post was borderline trolling and the aim of your post was very obvious. You decided to engage in non-sequitur arguments and I just gave you a counter non sequitur argument.

Comment

Guess again. Your post was borderline trolling
                          Why?

and the aim of your post was very obvious.
                          What was my aim then?

You decided to engage in non-sequitur arguments and I just gave you a counter non sequitur argument.
                          In my previous post I just showed how my post was super-sequitur. Then you went & got all maggoty.

-dale

Comment

• This is just the tip of the iceberg with policy cancellations. The only ones affected so far are those who buy their own insirance.

Wait until the employer mandate kicks in. Millions more folks will be notified that their policies aren't meeting ACA and will be cancelled. For a lot of folks, this will occur in October 2014.

The month before mid terms.

Any wonder the (D)s are scrambling to make "if you like your policy, you can keep it" a reality?

Comment

Why?

What was my aim then?

In my previous post I just showed how my post was super-sequitur. Then you went & got all maggoty.

-dale
                              Yeah that was trolling. I'm hardly a shrinking violet but that post was just dripping with venom.
                              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Worley View Post
                                This is just the tip of the iceberg with policy cancellations.
                                Agreed. And the outrage will continue to grow and grow. Hell, when Bill Clinton (admittedly no fan of Obama) publicly calls the President out on his bullshit, you know you've got problems.
                                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                                X