Zimmerman found not guilty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zimmerman found not guilty

People are already calling for a change in Florida's stand your ground law. Riots are expected. I hope cooler heads prevail.

So is this justice or a travesty?
    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Thank fuck for that. It was nothing more than a media circus based on the fact the shooter was white and the deceased was black. The prosecution (the new one brought in specifically to play the race card) was so misleading in its numerous public statements prior to trial I am amazed it was even allowed to go to trial given the effective perjuries and trials-by-media they perpetrated. Frankly the prosecutor should be standing trial for attempting to pervert the course of justice.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Shooter wasn't white, he is a round faced, brown skinned hispanic. The whole process was a farce.

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
        Thank fuck for that. It was nothing more than a media circus based on the fact the shooter was white and the deceased was black.
        Exactly. Had Zimmerman been black, this would've been yet another statistic and nothing more.

The question is, was Zimmerman guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt of 2nd Degree Murder or, failing that, of Manslaughter, both as defined under Florida law. And those 6 jurors said No, he was not. It was an effed up situation from the get-go and both parties were responsibly for what happened.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

All media stirred race issues aside , Zimmerman didn't end up being a very good neighborhood watchman.

Comment

Crackers

Leibniz

Comment

I'll just add of course that in nuzeelundish crackers means you're barmy, which is not to be confused with balmy. Which means that according to Trayvon Martins girlfriend, Trayvon said he was being followed by a loony with a perturbing bottom.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by dan m View Post
                All media stirred race issues aside , Zimmerman didn't end up being a very good neighborhood watchman.
                Nope he sure didn't. First and foremost, he neglected to remember that a Watchman uses his eyes more than anything else.

A hyper-zealous watchman can do more harm than good.
                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I dunno, based on the suppressed exculpatory evidence TM was a thug with a history of violence and burglary.... exactly the the type of person McGruff recruited people people to watch out for and who when armed with a gun is why Florida passed stand your ground laws.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                    I dunno, based on the suppressed exculpatory evidence TM was a thug with a history of violence and burglary.... exactly the the type of person McGruff recruited people people to watch out for and who when armed with a gun is why Florida passed stand your ground laws.
                    And on that particular night, was TM engaging in the thuggery behavior? What you speak of is inneundo and casting blame on the victim. A despicable way of doing things.

George Zimmerman was guilty of manslaughter in my eyes. He created the volatile situation that led to an innocent person's death. No if or buts about it. He needs to be held accountable for TM's death. I hope he has a huge monetary judgment hanging over his head the same way that OJ had his judgment hanging over his head

Let me put this another way. If the victim was white and the defendant was black, he would have be convinced of 2nd degree murder or manslaughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                      And on that particular night, was TM engaging in the thuggery behavior? What you speak of is inneundo and casting blame on the victim. A despicable way of doing things.

George Zimmerman was guilty of manslaughter in my eyes. He created the volatile situation that led to an innocent person's death. No if or buts about it. He needs to be held accountable for TM's death. I hope he has a huge monetary judgment hanging over his head the same way that OJ had his judgment hanging over his head

Let me put this another way. If the victim was white and the defendant was black, he would have be convinced of 2nd degree murder or manslaughter.
                      Stand your ground law, Trayvon Martin and a shocking legacy: Defendant Anthony Julien, Defendant Peter Julien and victim Brandon Martinez, Jonathan Rodriguez | Tampa Bay Times

Stand your ground law, Trayvon Martin and a shocking legacy: Defendant Adeirean Carey and victim Marcos Santiago | Tampa Bay Times

Stand your ground law, Trayvon Martin and a shocking legacy: Defendant Demarro Battle and victim Omar Bonilla | Tampa Bay Times

Stand your ground law, Trayvon Martin and a shocking legacy: Defendant Hygens Labidou and victim Edward Borowsky, Steven V. Lonzisero | Tampa Bay Times

Stand your ground law, Trayvon Martin and a shocking legacy: Defendant Cleveland Murdock and victim Patrick Lavoie | Tampa Bay Times

Comment

In the Zimmerman trial, the defense was not predicated on Florida's Stand Your Ground statute.

Although the trial jury found Zimmerman not guilty on the criminal charges, I fully expect a civil suit to be filed much like the civil suit filed against O. J. Simpson by the Brown and Goldman families. As we all know, the civil suit jury found Simpson liable for wrongful death and a civil judgement was imposed.
                        sigpic

Comment

From that which I have just watched on BBC news , its a travesty .Poor kid was running into a pvt housing estate screaming for help , then the shot was heard , self defence ?? FFS Zimmerman should fry .

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                            Poor kid was running into a pvt housing estate screaming for help , then the shot was heard , self defence ?? FFS Zimmerman should fry .
                            That's not at all what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
                              In the Zimmerman trial, the defense was not predicated on Florida's Stand Your Ground statute.

Although the trial jury found Zimmerman not guilty on the criminal charges, I fully expect a civil suit to be filed much like the civil suit filed against O. J. Simpson by the Brown and Goldman families. As we all know, the civil suit jury found Simpson liable for wrongful death and a civil judgement was imposed.
                              And after legal expenses Zimmerman will have exactly how much in assets?
                              If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Working...
                              X