Boston Marathon bombings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
    Fascinating stuff, thanks man! Could not find if it was premedicated with something in it to help clotting as well.
    Firstly, I am a she :)

Per your question, my sister (a doctor) says that Israeli bandages can also be imbued with a clotting agent.
    Last edited by Minskaya; 19 Apr 13,, 12:26. Reason: fixed
    sigpic

Comment

There was a gruesome photo of a guy on a wheelchair with just bones poking out from where his lower legs used to be.

He was absolutely conscious and sitting up on the chair.

I know many of you are army men and have seen combat.

Some of you may be doctors too (Doktor?).

How can a guy live and be conscious with such ghastly injries?

Wont all his blood just drain out from below?
      Stop bleeding - clotting. Morphine (or whatever it is) - relieve pain, prevent shock. Warmth - as previous. IV fluids - self explanatory.

In addition, the body has an amazing capability to survive. In such situations I believe the kidneys would have produced a shitload of renin (thus aldosterone and angiotensin) to maintain blood volume and pressure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minskaya View Post

Per your question, my sister (a doctor) says that Israeli bandages can also be imbued with an anti-clotting agent.
        Quick clot is good stuff, I carry it (infused sponges) and Israeli bandages in my trauma kit as must have items.

Apologies for reporting a name that is looking increasingly wrong. I hope the family of the missing Indian-American student can find their son safe and sound.

Comment

can we get this in India also in pharmacies? It would be great to have as part of my first aid kit while riding.
          I highly doubt. Any antihemorrhagic would be prescription-only.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
            The suspect still on the loose identified as Dzokhar Tsarnaev, a Chechen, who has been in the US for at least a year. Just saw it on NBC. The dead guy is his brother.
            Also 19 years old. Stupid guy.

Comment

Per your question, my sister (a doctor) says that Israeli bandages can also be imbued with an anti-clotting agent.
              Ooops :red: sorry for all earlier photos mam.

Comment

Indian army guys, Lemontree sir, can we get this in India also in pharmacies? It would be great to have as part of my first aid kit while riding.
                Ask for shell dressing.
                Last edited by lemontree; 19 Apr 13,, 12:29.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lemontree View Post
                  Ask for shell dressing.
                  Sir any brand or name of manufacturer?

This is fantastic info!

Also anything to stop bleeding or this dressing has that also?

My girlfriend is a budding medico chanjyj, so prescription is not a problem.

Comment

• Although it would be nice to capture white-hat alive, I don't think it will be possible. He is a fanatical killer and has already executed a police officer tonight.

Unless he clearly surrenders unarmed, it will be necessary to deal with him by lethal means.
                    sigpic

Comment

• But why Chechens? I thought US was pro Chechnya?

Comment

• Us can be pro-Chechnya, but is Chechnya pro- US? That's what matters and I believe the Chechnyans (sp?) have already stated their solidarity with the anti-west pro-islamist movement.

Comment

But why Chechens? I thought US was pro Chechnya?
                          There are many Chechens (Islamists) fighting with al-Qaeda and the Taliban in AFPAK.
                          sigpic

Comment

• More and more I am believing we are in a holy war.

One side is united and disappears like ghosts.

The other side is fragmented in its response and fights a war with tactics that are outdated and out of place and discongruent to the threat at hand.

Comment

Ooops :red: sorry for all earlier photos mam.
                              Lol. No worries doppelganger. WAB is basically a man-cave ;)
                              sigpic

Comment

Lol. No worries doppelganger. WAB is basically a man-cave ;)
                                Nonetheless I have hastily modified opening salutation of the new thread I have created.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/int...t-bombers.html

Please contribute. We have much to learn from you guys (and gals of course!).

Comment

Working...
                                X