No announcement yet.

Boston Marathon bombings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Contrary to widespread reporting, no arrest has been made in connection with the Boston Marathon attack," Special Agent Greg Comcowich said in the statement. "Over the past day and a half, there have been a number of press reports based on information from unofficial sources that has been inaccurate. Since these stories often have unintended consequences, we ask the media, particularly at this early stage of the investigation, to exercise caution and attempt to verify information through appropriate official channels before reporting."

Meanwhile, the Moakley Federal Courthouse was evacuated around 3:10 p.m. Wednesday. People, some of whom had gathered out front to see if a suspect would be brought there, could be seen calmly evacuating the building and walking across the street. Reuters reported that staff, media and attorneys were ordered to leave the building.
    Boston Marathon investigation: FBI has bombing suspect, authorities say no arrest has been made
    Last edited by omon; 17 Apr 13,, 20:33.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by Aryajet View Post
      I think it is time for every one around the world, Americans in particular to drop the phrase Conservative Right Wing Extremist every time terrorism happens in US. It creates unnecessary mistrust, disunity and hate.

By saying Conservative Right Winger I guess they mean pro-2nd amendment, pro-small government, pro-small tax, pro-liberty, pro-constitution person. None of those stances will radicalize a citizen to a point for him/her to go out there and commit mass murder. I personally know few of those individuals and I can attest that they won’t even step on an ant if not necessary, let alone murdering innocent people.

People like Andy Stack, Tim McVeigh, Terry Nichols, Breivik and Adam Lanza were/are not Conservative right wingers, they were/are pure deranged, twisted and psychopathic Anarchists murderers.
      Your post is literally the first time I can ever recall seeing that phrase.

I have seen 'right wing extremist' used a lot in relation to groups that are....extreme right wing groups. Whether or not there are lots of nice, not quite as radical folk around who share a lot of their views is neither here nor there. I know some absolutely lovely people who were committed communists but would never in a million years have helped purge millions of people. I know wonderful muslims who consider islamic extremists the most vile scum imaginable - not least because they pervert something imprtant to them & turn it into a force for indiscriminate murder. I imagine christians here would be horrified by those of their bretheren who assault & murder 'witches'. There are many more examples.

The truth is that strong & absolutist views of any sort often attract a tiny number of people who do seek radical solutions. It is perfectly possible to start with a reasonable proposition & use it to justiofy an unreasonable act. That doesn't mean that we should engage in 'guilt by assocoation', but nor should twist ourselves into knots trying to convince ourselves that the things bad people believe in no way relate to things that good people believe. I actually see that as being at least as dangerous.
      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Boston bomb suspect spotted on video, no arrest made

(Reuters) - Investigators have spotted a Boston Marathon bombing suspect from security video taken before two blasts ripped through central Boston on Monday, a law enforcement source said on Wednesday, in what is potentially the biggest break in the case yet.
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• I am confused at the lack of any claim for the attack.

Terrorism is supposed to be a tool to effect political change. If we don't know who they are and what they want (as if that makes any difference), then the entire thing becomes meaningless.

Comment

• That might be a bonus in the wicked minds.

Not only terrorizing innocent civilians, but also the security agencies.

Either that, or as it was pointed out previously, there is a time lapse for the network to escape.
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• IMO a terrorist who want a political change should target with pinpoint accuracy. Piss ing off an an entire nation would not serve any cause if theres one.

the message of killing innocent civilians is only "hate" which is not good as seen many times in history. Pearl Harbour & 9/11 attacks are best exemples of it.

in 9/11 incident, after the victims, i think that taliban & a.q. are the ones who took the most damage.

pissing off the whole of the mightiest nation on the planet did not even serve to axis in ww2 .
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chogy View Post
                I am confused at the lack of any claim for the attack.

Terrorism is supposed to be a tool to effect political change. If we don't know who they are and what they want (as if that makes any difference), then the entire thing becomes meaningless.
                Welcome to the 21st century. Terror agianst civilians without any obvious goal or demands is a widespread phenomenon now.
                Winter is coming.

Comment

• Senior Al-Qaeda member stated on many occasions their goal is to drag the west into a long and costly war, where we will be defeated economically. They did a pretty good job in the last decade.
                  One cannot but examine it.

Comment

• Let's not forget those who survived the bombings. Just watched a CNN video of an interview of a fellow standing near the second bomb. He was with 4 other friends at the time. They were to the right of the mailbox and he was to the left when the bomb went off. The mailbox protected him and he only suffered shrapnel wounds in the upper torso. All his friends to the right of the mailbox suffered loss of limbs. One apparently both legs. All five of these guys are self employed in the construction industry from what I could understand. They are still in the hospital with medical bills mounting and will continue to mount. On top of that they may not be able to earn a living anymore.

So through no fault of their own their lives, and family lives, have been shattered. The economic aftermath will follow them forever. So while the investigation moves on, speeches are made, I want to know what is to become of these victims. How are they to cope? How are they to pay medical bills that will hit well into 6 figures at least? I don't know what the government is going to do, what the medical field is going to do, but I know I have to do something as in sending a donation to help these people out, all of them, as not just these four are in this boat.
                    Last edited by tbm3fan; 18 Apr 13,, 19:31.

Comment

• Boston Strong Video - NHL VideoCenter - Boston Bruins

Great video played before last nights Bruins-Sabres game.

And THIS is how you sing the National Anthem!

I had tear rolling down my cheeks....as I sang along in my living room.

I almost don't even care about the outcome.

And these were the two teams afterwards saluting the fans.

During the pregame skate, the 2 captains Zdeno Chara, a Czech, and Thomas Vanek, an Austrian, decided this was a good idea.

God, I love hockey players!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Albany Rifles; 18 Apr 13,, 20:31.
                      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                      Mark Twain

Comment

• Another good thing out of this with real strategic value. Kim the Fat is smart enough to shut the hell up.

Comment

• The teenage boy authorities once investigated as possibly being connected to the Boston Marathon bombing told ABC News today he was shocked to see his face pop up on television and all over social media.

Salah Barhoun, 17, said he went to the police yesterday to clear his name after he found himself tagged in pictures online. He had just gone to watch the race, he said, but soon after the explosions, he was singled out by internet sleuths as looking suspicious. Federal authorities passed around images of Barhoun, attempting to learn more information about him, sources told ABC News.
                          Teen: I Am Not the Boston Marathon Bomber
                          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                            Let's not forget those who survived the bombings. Just watched a CNN video of an interview of a fellow standing near the second bomb. He was with 4 other friends at the time. They were to the right of the mailbox and he was to the left when the bomb went off. The mailbox protected him and he only suffered shrapnel wounds in the upper torso. All his friends to the right of the mailbox suffered loss of limbs. One apparently both legs. All five of these guys are self employed in the construction industry from what I could understand. They are still in the hospital with medical bills mounting and will continue to mount. On top of that they may not be able to earn a living anymore.
                            So through no fault of their own their lives, and family lives, have been shattered. The economic aftermath will follow them forever. So while the investigation moves on, speeches are made, I want to know what is to become of these victims. How are they to cope? How are they to pay medical bills that will hit well into 6 figures at least? I don't know what the government is going to do, what the medical field is going to do, but I know I have to do something as in sending a donation to help these people out, all of them, as not just these four are in this boat.
                            There has been a fund established in Boston for that. It is run by a bunch of local financial/investment companies and law firms. The website is:The One Fund

I cannot vouch for what it is exactly that they will do to help, but they claim to "help the people most affected" on their website. They've raised at least 6 million so far with many ex-Boston sports players pledging to donate and many business people like Robert Kraft offering to match donations up to $100,000.

Comment

• Thanks, I'll have to check up on that. I really dislike when a fund is established and then money starts to be used to administer it. When I was in the Lions we used 100% of our donations for charity as the members did the administration.

Comment

• F.B.I. releases video.
                                http://www.fbi.gov/news/updates-on-investigation-into-multiple-explosions-in-boston/updates-on-investigation-into-multiple-explosions-in-boston

Comment

Working...
                                X