Boston Marathon bombings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    They had guidance. The planning (ie, bomb placements) was way too good. The execution, however, sucked (two of four bombs failed and advancing to secondary targets was distracted by simple hold up). Possibly a 26 year old can do enough research to do this ... but unlikely.
    How did they not have an egress plan?

-dale

Comment

• Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
      These two terrorists attacked an international event on Monday. People from all over the world come to the Boston marathon as both participants and spectators.

It has been a very tough week for Americans, with horrible events in Boston and in West, Texas.

The whole world has been watching. Your character, spirit, and resilience are unmistakable and hopefully... will be emulated by people everywhere in the face of evil and tragedy.

You have set the bar high. My sincere congratulations and heartfelt kudos.

Let us continue to pray for the families of all who have been intimately touched by these extraordinary events.
      Thanks.

-dale

Comment

• They most likely did but like all battle plans, nothing survives first contact. They were given one set of instructions with no contingencies (otherwise, you need a command staff who can adjust your current assets to your current needs). Two of the four bombs did not go off which at least questions their remaining stocks. They neither have the time nor the space to correct their problems.

Comment

They had guidance. The planning (ie, bomb placements) was way too good. The execution, however, sucked (two of four bombs failed and advancing to secondary targets was distracted by simple hold up). Possibly a 26 year old can do enough research to do this ... but unlikely.
          You think so, sir?

The way I read it, it seems to be purely amateurish. The punks didn't even have an exit plan. They got scared when their faces were plastered all over the TV and they panicked and made idiotic moves.

There are even reports the white hat went back home after the bombing.

I could be way off base but it looks like they got all their "expertise" from the Internet.

Comment

• Meh, slow as usual..lol.

Thanks, Colonel...

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
              Very gracious and thank you.

We are tough bastids despite what many think.

Whether a masshole or Texas redneck or a someone else,,,,,we may put the fun in dysfunctional but at the end of the day we stand tall....together.
              BRING IT ON! LORD STANLEY'S CHALIS SPEAKS FOR THE VICTOR!

Translation: BRUINS SUCK!!!!!!

Comment

BRING IT ON! LORD STANLEY'S CHALIS SPEAKS FOR THE VICTOR!

Translation: BRUINS SUCK!!!!!!

mods, anyway I can like this post more than once?

Comment

• Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                  It is graphic if you're not used to it, for those who don't wish to see, abdominal bullet hole and minor (from photo perspective) head and shoulder trauma, plus what looks like another bullet to the left forearm. Large surgical incision left abdominal.
                  I see ECG leads left on. I suspect they are not of convenience. Left lung atelectasis also? Blood on face from unidentified source (it is not from the head).

IMO he will pull through.

Comment

They most likely did but like all battle plans, nothing survives first contact. They were given one set of instructions with no contingencies (otherwise, you need a command staff who can adjust your current assets to your current needs). Two of the four bombs did not go off which at least questions their remaining stocks. They neither have the time nor the space to correct their problems.
                    To add to OOE's post I believe their "egress plan" was:
                    1. Head to location B, do X
                    2. Head to location C, do Y
                    3. Head to location D, do Z

They had no real contingency planning (as OOE has said). I believe they improvised. When they couldn't go to location B they headed to location C. And pure stupidity, by killing that MIT Campus Officer and drawing attention to themselves. They also did not expect a city-wide lock-down (it has never happened before, even after 9/11 has it?).

If I were a terrorist I would have done it much different. Sometimes I worry about myself, because if could even start thinking like one there exist a possibility you could end up as one. When I used to work in LE, they used to say there was a very fine line between an officer and a criminal. To catch them you would have to think the same. Apologies for going off-tangent. I had a terrible dream about giving an IM to a subcut patient and woke up in cold sweat. Need to rant.

Comment

• In 2011, Russian officials asked the FBI to investigate Tamerlan Tsarnaev (the now deceased older brother) because he was considered a security risk and they had information that he was planning on returning to Russia. The FBI did a background/database check and eventually interviewed Tamerlan. They discovered nothing that set off any alarm bells. Tamerlan visited Russia for six months in 2012. His itinerary during this time is unclear, but I would assume the FSB kept tabs on him. The brothers father Anzor Tsarnaev who lives in the Russian city of Makhachkala, says Russian security agents regularly visited the family and characterized Tamerlan as an extremist. When the identity of the Boston marathon suspects became known, Russia sent photographs and biographical information to the FBI in Washington. The Russian government also blocked the computer/cell/land-line communication capabilities of the Tsarnaev family in Russia and Dagastan.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
                        In 2011, Russian officials asked the FBI to investigate Tamerlan Tsarnaev (the now deceased older brother) because he was considered a security risk and they had information that he was planning on returning to Russia. The FBI did a background/database check and eventually interviewed Tamerlan. They discovered nothing that set off any alarm bells. Tamerlan visited Russia for six months in 2012. His itinerary during this time is unclear, but I would assume the FSB kept tabs on him. The brothers father Anzor Tsarnaev who lives in the Russian city of Makhachkala, says Russian security agents regularly visited the family and characterized Tamerlan as an extremist. When the identity of the Boston marathon suspects became known, Russia sent photographs and biographical information to the FBI in Washington. The Russian government also blocked the computer/cell/land-line communication capabilities of the Tsarnaev family in Russia and Dagastan.
                        And the FBI is doing the same to the Uncle and his family and all associates of the brothers.

Comment

• Originally posted by chanjyj View Post
                          To add to OOE's post I believe their "egress plan" was:
                          1. Head to location B, do X
                          2. Head to location C, do Y
                          3. Head to location D, do Z

They had no real contingency planning (as OOE has said). I believe they improvised. When they couldn't go to location B they headed to location C. And pure stupidity, by killing that MIT Campus Officer and drawing attention to themselves. They also did not expect a city-wide lock-down (it has never happened before, even after 9/11 has it?).

If I were a terrorist I would have done it much different. Sometimes I worry about myself, because if could even start thinking like one there exist a possibility you could end up as one. When I used to work in LE, they used to say there was a very fine line between an officer and a criminal. To catch them you would have to think the same. Apologies for going off-tangent. I had a terrible dream about giving an IM to a subcut patient and woke up in cold sweat. Need to rant.
                          If a sane, rational, intelligent person were to do this, we'd be in considerably more trouble. We are fortunate these two were not like that. Anyone who can be convinced that this was a "good" thing to do, is not all there to begin with, IMO. These bastards had some screws loose and a sociopath mentality - youthful foolishness was also a factor. This made them easier to catch, though the effort to catch them was spectacular as well. I believe they had someone who taught them to hate and kill, though they weren't very well trained. Perhaps some evil jihadist cleric is trying to make a name for international Cheznian terrorists - possibly to try and get in on some of those donations that fund other terrorist groups.

I hope they use every means possible to extract information from this vile bastard, they can use this information secretly and not in the trial - then try him for his crimes on the evidence they already have, both in Boston and in Federal court where he'll face death when convicted. It could delay his cremation, but it will be worth it to catch those who controlled him.
                          Last edited by USSWisconsin; 20 Apr 13,, 17:28.
                          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

• They were sleeper agents. A lot of evidence points to it.

Comment

• 26 and 19 years old? Hard to believe that they could shut their mouths for that long in that youth.

Comment

• Colonel refresh my memory....in what year did the Leafs last win The Cup?
                                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X