Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    How so, Captain? Security measure wise?
    That, and the enormity of this event. A major US metro area (1,000,000+) is under virtual lock-down.

Can anyone here recall any similar event in the United States?
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
      The Russians have suffered far worse at Chechen hands and they don't seem like the kind of people who need American permission to extract revenge.
      But they won't get the political heat or outcry that usually is levied at them from the US government.
      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

• Eerie Photos Of Boston Looking Like A Ghost Town - Business Insider

These are some interesting pictures. I've never seen the city like it before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
          Red Sox/Bruins games today are on hold.
          They are going seriously piss off us Massholes very shortly. You already cost us one Bruins game this week and if we miss Big Papi's season return tonight along with a tussle withe the Pens....Katie Bar The Door!

On a serious note, Minskaya, I can not recall anything like this in quitw some time. I lived in NW Washington, DC in the early 1970s and recall the large presence of military and police on the streets during several major demonstrations. I also remember some of the scenes from the Watts Riots, and other major riots of the 1960s.

But a house to house search of an entire town?

Not since the Civil War.
          Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by dan m View Post
            Eerie Photos Of Boston Looking Like A Ghost Town - Business Insider

Oh. My. God.

Dan, absolutely stunning.

I have a niece and nephew in Somerville who are locked up. The rest of my family is in Milton so less worries there.

Where are you?
            Mark Twain

Comment

• Yeah the pictures definitely capture the feeling here in town today. Glad to hear your family is locked up tight and safe. I'm in Boston's Shire: West Roxbury and not a whole lot is going on around here. Although I did see a blackhawk helicopter fly over center street which was pretty frikin cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan m View Post
                Eerie Photos Of Boston Looking Like A Ghost Town - Business Insider

Kinda makes me wish I lived on a main thoroughfare. Not as noticeable on the backstreets (even though our street seems like a major avenue sometimes...), and I don't want to get arrested for wandering around the streets...
                I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                  Chechens raising funds in the US will no longer receive the blind eye. And the US will stop lecturing Russia in public about human rights violations.
                  Originally posted by Albany Rifles
                  But they won't get the political heat or outcry that usually is levied at them from the US government.
                  I'm just sad it took a tragedy like this for the US govt. to figure this out (if indeed they do). Islamic extremists are bad news, everywhere. Even if they are attacking a non-allied country.

Comment

• Hopefully, they'll blow his legs off in the process of capturing him alive
                    sigpic

Comment

• Controlled explosion in the Cambridge residence. Police are now inside.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Older brother went devout/radical over a year ago (prayer 5x day, video calls for a new caliphate, possible wahabist ties) and was outside the US for an extended period last year. He was also a trained engineer (physics). Younger brother was a 2nd year pre-med student (chemistry).

Combine physics, chemistry, jihadi desire= bombers.

Comment

Controlled explosion in the Cambridge residence. Police are now inside.
                          hey minsk where you getting this info, im streaming abc news its nothing but speculation with no updates
                          One cannot but examine it.

Comment

• Originally posted by machiavillain View Post
                            hey minsk where you getting this info, im streaming abc news its nothing but speculation with no updates
                            This is pretty good: Live Boston Update Thread [Part 5] : news

A lot of people are listening to police scanners.

Comment

That, and the enormity of this event. A major US metro area (1,000,000+) is under virtual lock-down.

Can anyone here recall any similar event in the United States?
                              Nothing. Except for 9/11, but that was an extraordinary situation. To be fair, I can't remember the last time someone drove across half a city throwing bombs out of a car and shooting cops, either.

Comment

• Bostonians, I ask that you check on your neighbours, especially the old and sick. With stores closed down and a virtual curfew, they may need food or medicine.

Comment

Working...
                                X