No announcement yet.

Boston Marathon bombings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamerlen (black hat) had an IED strapped to his chest. Doctors at Beth Israel reported that he had suffered massive chest injuries. In addition, his brother (white hat) ran over him with an SUV.
    sigpic

Comment

• John Laughland: The Chechens' American friends | World news | The Guardian

The Chechens' American friends

The Washington neocons' commitment to the war on terror evaporates in Chechnya, whose cause they have made their own

John Laughland
      The Guardian, Wednesday 8 September 2004 18.59 EDT
      American Committee for Peace in Chechnya (ACPC)
      The ACPC heavily promotes the idea that the Chechen rebellion shows the undemocratic nature of Putin's Russia, and cultivates support for the Chechen cause by emphasising the seriousness of human rights violations in the tiny Caucasian republic. It compares the Chechen crisis to those other fashionable "Muslim" causes, Bosnia and Kosovo - implying that only international intervention in the Caucasus can stabilise the situation there. In August, the ACPC welcomed the award of political asylum in the US, and a US-government funded grant, to Ilyas Akhmadov, foreign minister in the opposition Chechen government, and a man Moscow describes as a terrorist. Coming from both political parties, the ACPC members represent the backbone of the US foreign policy establishment, and their views are indeed those of the US administration.
      Blow-back... I am sure the U.S. funded some Chechen groups covertly in the 90s, it does seem sad and ironic.

In the paraphrased words of Ron Paul: "all this meddling in different areas of the globe does not bring any benefits only costs".
      Originally from Sochi, Russia.

Comment

• I'm guessing here that the various local/state/federal law agencies are coordinating on a mIRC chat channel much like the US military.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
          Sir any brand or name of manufacturer?

This is fantastic info!

Also anything to stop bleeding or this dressing has that also?

My girlfriend is a budding medico chanjyj, so prescription is not a problem.
          Shell dressing is just a pre-packed sterile bandage. It has no inherent compression capability that you are looking for. That said, I still keep 2 of them in my trauma kit along with my normal crepes, forceps, tweezers, scope, cuff blah blah blah.

Comment

• I wonder what went through the minds of that missing kid Sunil Tripathi's family when they saw their son's name plastered all over twitter as the marathon bombing suspect. His name was the number one trending topic on twitter for some time. Just shows the down sides of social media.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
              Tamerlen (black hat) had an IED strapped to his chest. Doctors at Beth Israel reported that he had suffered massive chest injuries. In addition, his brother (white hat) ran over him with an SUV.
              Well, we aren't going to get his brother alive then.

Comment

• Originally posted by chanjyj View Post
                Well, we aren't going to get his brother alive then.
                Yep, he is not helping his life-span with his actions.

Bad news for investigators as many questions would have to be answered the harder way.
                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by cyppok View Post
                  John Laughland: The Chechens' American friends | World news | The Guardian
                  Blow-back... I am sure the U.S. funded some Chechen groups covertly in the 90s, it does seem sad and ironic.

In the paraphrased words of Ron Paul: "all this meddling in different areas of the globe does not bring any benefits only costs".
                  First was Al-Quaeda in 80's. Then was 9/11.

Second were Chechens in 90's. Now time of Boston came.

And still USA government is playing the same game with Syrian Jihadists and "freedom fighters". Well, it least FBI and Co know there to look first then next act of terror will kill more Americans. I bet there are Syrian "refugees" in USA already.
                  Last edited by NUS; 19 Apr 13,, 13:16.
                  Winter is coming.

Comment

• The city of Boston is effectively closed. Everything is to close or remain closed. The governor requests that everyone remain indoors and encourages vigilance and tips from the general public.

Has anything like this ever happened before in the US?
                    sigpic

Comment

If you ask me I am a big fan of Israel and how it approaches its issues and problems and protects its people.

Duty begins at home. If I have to trample on someones rights to protect my own then I would do it without blinking my eyes.

Its not even a moral question for me.
                      Try trampling my rights and I will guarantee you would be dead before you can blink your eyes.

Comment

• All taxi service has been suspended. Amtrack will loop around Boston. Logan out-bounds are under intense security.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                          Try trampling my rights and I will guarantee you would be dead before you can blink your eyes.
                          Sir I know it is a hypothetical situation but if my family or friends are at risk because of you I will trample and then some.

You can try to kill me before I kill you in such a case.

I hope you recognize that we are talking hypothetically here and this is not a threat or some weird infringement of some WAB law.

I come from a line where killing is no big deal, and family is everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                            Your right to swing with your hand ends where my nose begins.
                            B/S piss up my back n tell me its raining n im not gonna believe you or anyone , hurt me n its coming right back at you , in the forces i was taught HIT FIRST HIT HARD and ask Qs later .

Invade my rights and im not gonna slap anyone in the nose , im gonna smash it thro the back of their fkin heads ,( when i was able ) and doc , if you think you can say what you like and get away without a smack , get out of your shell and welcome to the real world .But there again , no'one is invading your rights are they

Comment

• Police have detained a women (and a baby) who lived with the Chechens.
                              sigpic

Comment

More and more I am believing we are in a holy war.

One side is united and disappears like ghosts.

The other side is fragmented in its response and fights a war with tactics that are outdated and out of place and discongruent to the threat at hand.
                                We are NOT in a Holy War. Not even India. In the scheme of things, these are pin pricks. India suffered so long that she became immune to its effects. The Assassins, the most well known terrorist group in history, tried to makes its plight through terror and was out-terror by the Mongols. We are the Mongols.

Comment

Working...
                                X