Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Data Aggregated and Sold to be Mis-used

Your School Is Screwing Your Kids For Profit in [Market-Ticker]
    K-12 student database jazzes tech startups, spooks parents - San Jose Mercury News

Basically a new database that will log all info including SS#s for kids to add their behaviors and other aspects during school time. In essence if you behave badly in school, employers now can simply use school info which is supposed to be off limits but seems to no longer be so.

Imagine people being pre-crimed to not getting a job because they were suspended for fighting in 5th grade. FBI using someone wanting to be Batman as a vigilante monitor through their lifetime. Insurers using data from the kid ending up in the nurse's office to create a pre-existing condition to cut off insurance. Or the general spammer mining their info setting up fake identities and whatnot.

WELKOME TO THE NEW AMERIKA!
    Originally from Sochi, Russia.

sounds like another news from paranoidland.

also
    Under the Affordable Care Act, New individual plans (and all job-based plans) can no longer deny or exclude coverage for children because of a pre-existing condition, including a disability.
    Starting in 2014, these same plans won’t be allowed to deny coverage or charge more to anyone because of a pre-existing condition, including a disability.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by omon View Post

also
      Under the Affordable Care Act, New individual plans (and all job-based plans) can no longer deny or exclude coverage for children because of a pre-existing condition, including a disability.
      Starting in 2014, these same plans won’t be allowed to deny coverage or charge more to anyone because of a pre-existing condition, including a disability.
      And starting in 2014 insurance rates in general will begin increasing faster than ever before.

Enjoy your government health care, fellow serflings.

-dale

Comment

i know rates will go up, however it has nothing to do with k12 database.
        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

i know rates will go up, however it has nothing to do with k12 database.
          Well, you mentioned Obamacare, which is and will reduce supply and increase costs.

-dale

Comment

the only reason i mentioned is becose of pre-existing condition denial, or lack of it, which is what op assumed, one will be denied coverage becose of it. i know full well they'll rape us on cost thou.

Comment

also
              You do realize if you have a record that is not amendable from the time you enter school and it is used for discretionary decisions by others in the future it is kind of sickening. Grades are one thing opinions of your teachers, guidance councelors, etc are another.

Selling or even sharing the information of school records was sacrosanct, it is no longer. I am not paranoid this thing was funded by very very very big institutional players Bill Melinda Gates Foundation and Carnegie Institute among others and a pilot program is underway.

I am just showing you what happens in the very near future. You think it is fair for someone not to get a job because their gym teacher thinks they are weak or their guidance counselor thinks they are aggressive or have no aim in life when they are twelve or thirteen? Because eventually that is what will happen those companies will use and abuse all of these records for both selling and bargaining with these kids in the future as they grow up.

Sickening I must say again but there always comes a comeuppance on people whom do this.
              Originally from Sochi, Russia.

Comment

Working...
              X