Such utter stupidity, Or: Big Brother is Happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Such utter stupidity, Or: Big Brother is Happy

Second Grader Suspended from School for Trying to Save the World with an Imaginary Grenade

Second Grader Suspended from School for Trying to Save the World with an Imaginary Grenade

eetzan Zimmerman FEB 6, 2013 11:30 AM

An elementary school in Colorado has suspended a second grader for violating one of its "absolutes" prohibiting games involving pretend weapons.

But 7-year-od Alex Evans insists the imaginary grenade he threw at an imaginary box was necessary to rid the world of evil.

"I pretended the box, there's something shaking in it, and I go ‘pshhh,'" Alex told FOX31 Denver. "I was trying to save people and I just can't believe I got dispended."

There was nothing in Alex's hand during the course of the game, which he calls "rescue the world."

Superintendent Stan Scheer told the Reporter-Herald that the Thompson School District doesn't have a policy against imaginary weapons, but that every school is allowed to "enhance" the student code of conduct as it sees fit.

Mary Blair Elementary has a strict set of rules it calls "absolutes

," which expressly prohibit any weapons, real or pretend.
    "Honestly I don't think the rule is very realistic for kids this age," Mandie Watkins, Alex's mom, told FOX31. "I think that when a child is trying to save the world, I don't think he should be punished for it."

Though he wouldn't discuss specifics, Scheer said the mother's point of view was "a bit one-sided," and that "there's a whole student side that we just don't talk about."

But Watkins insists that the rules need to be more "realistic," and she intends to speak with school officials in the hopes of getting them to lift Alex's suspension.
    Yup. Freedom of speech, expression and the press, but the school officials want to control what a 7 year old boy is THINKING. Orwellian to the extreme...
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Great start to a 7 year's old life. Welcome to the world of idiocy...it can only get worse.

Comment

Guess the kid was presented set of rules before he was enlisted and he signed the papers that he also read and understood every single one of them and that he will obey.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I guess kids don't play "cops and robbers" any more. Maybe they can pretend to use swords with hacking motion instead of guns with fingers and go "pew pew..."

God forbid if the kids ever play "cowboys and Indians." That would be racist and the kids should be sent to re-education camp.
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Malecrime.

-dale

Comment

So...playing shooting games with BB guns on school property is out of the question?.....good times. Kids today are being denied of a good childhood.
            Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Don't you know that BB guns are more dangerous to young kids in an urban, middle-class WASP neighborhood than AIDS, Malaria and a host of other viruses are for a bunch of African kids in Whogivesafuckala?
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Superintendent Stan Scheer is in violation of man law.
                To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Ah the days of elementary school sandbox hostage rescue...sure brings me back.

Recess needs to stay what it was originally intended for: an escape from the realities of the world.
                  "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

I'm surprised we haven't heard yet about the school that has outlawed snowball fights. I've already heard of a kids soccer team in NY that banned hi-fives among team mates and opposing teams

Comment

My childen WILL have a sick leave if our eucationalsystem falls THAT low(it has only a bit tillit gets there).For all the 12 years.But God help the lil' schmucks if they don't beat me at sports as well as the other relevant subjects.I mean Maths,foreign languages,history,sciences,geography.They can skip ''social sciences'' and related crap.
                      Those who know don't speak
                      He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                        Don't you know that BB guns are more dangerous to young kids in an urban, middle-class WASP neighborhood than AIDS, Malaria and a host of other viruses are for a bunch of African kids in Whogivesafuckala?
                        Sure but when you are too young to drink and the sexy young women won't give you the time of day what else are you going to do? Grab the BB gun call some friends and let the war games begin.........
                        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Just about every happy childhood game I remember involved some sort of conflict. Mudball and snowball fights, dart guns, bb guns. Teams of boys crashing through the woods.

What are sports, itself, if not simulated forms of conflict and combat? Time to outlaw sports. American football, especially.

Comment

Hockey, too.
                            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Another Utopian dream of re-making Man into a peaceful creature.

Notice how compulsion was used on the 'malefactor'. And all of you that do not wish to join in this process to make The New Modern Man? You're all that stands in the way of Paradise on Earth, so...you are going to have to be...removed as an obstacle to Progress.

Scratch a liberal, find a fascist. Every time. It's all they know.

Comment

Working...
                              X