• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dalem
    replied
    Originally posted by S2 View Post
    "...I just wish we would all Move On from such provincial attitudes."

Out here in the "provinces" attitudes about trust, honor and personal integrity might actually matter when your life is held in the hands of somebody who can get you killed.
    Well gee whizz, good thing it wasn't the President then. Think how bad that would be.

-dale

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
    S2:

I may be wrong, but I think what dale meant is the holier-than-thou attitude toward sexual improprieties.
    I thought it was yet another snark at 'progressive' attitudes and/or movements - thus the reference to 'Move On'.
    Last edited by Bigfella; 16 Nov 12,, 01:29.

Leave a comment:

• JAD_333
    replied
    S2:

I may be wrong, but I think what dale meant is the holier-than-thou attitude toward sexual improprieties.

Leave a comment:

• S2
    replied
    dalem Reply

"...I just wish we would all Move On from such provincial attitudes."

Out here in the "provinces" attitudes about trust, honor and personal integrity might actually matter when your life is held in the hands of somebody who can get you killed.

Leave a comment:

• dalem
    replied
    I just wish we would all Move On from such provincial attitudes.

-dale

Leave a comment:

• JAD_333
    replied
    Just an observation on the times back then and now. When sex was more difficult to come by, the media kept mum about the dalliances of leaders: Warren Harding, FDR, JFK and Eisenhower were all known to have extramarital affairs, but their 'secret' was kept. Today, sex is as easy to get as candy bars and every kind of sex is tolerated, yet now more than ever it's deemed worthy of news coverage and every minute detail must be explored. Yes, Petreus should have resigned, because sex is, as someone mentioned earlier, a top tool in intelligence work, but did the real reason have to be broadcast far and wide? Now we have Gen Allen being sucked in by innuendo, and all sorts of little, irrelevant alleyways being explored by the media to puff this affair up in to a super-scandal. The article said we're "reeling" from the scandal. That wouldn't be because the MSM is doing the reeling, would it?

Leave a comment:

• Albany Rifles
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    Bill Clinton
    Never condoned what he did and I believed he should have resigned.

Besides Petreus was a commissioned officer and I hold him to a higher standard than a civilian politician.

Leave a comment:

• antimony
    replied
    Bill Clinton
    There is an expectation on politicians that they might be slimy, and are tolerated as long as they get the job done.

I don't think they are looked on as model citizens as much as senior military officers.

Everyone of all political colors looked up to General Petraeus with a great deal of respect, and that trust and aura is broken when he is reduced to a mere mortal like this.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Bill Clinton

Leave a comment:

• Albany Rifles
    replied
    If I can't trust a man to keep his oath to family I can't trust him to keep his oath to his country.

If you want to fool around then either stay single or get a divorce and have at it.

That is why adultery is a crime according to the UCMJ. It rips units apart.

Leave a comment:

• Doktor
    replied
    He cheated his wife, he'll cheat your country and/or is not capable for the job?

So, you are in charge to hire his successor who'd you choose, someone with incredible record, divorcing his 3rd wife because she learned he was with this hot chick, or a married man with 3 kids with average record?

Petraeus got caught, can't keep a secret, so he should go, but because he got caught, not because he was banging some not so hot woman.

Leave a comment:

• S2
    replied
    Doktor Reply

"The sex affairs thing is so overrated in USA."

Don't be stupid. Sex is a weapon in espionage. The DCI sets the standard and while he may not be exploited for intelligence gains by Greece (or wherever), others below him face that very real possibility.

Second, leadership beyond that narrow fact includes exercising true faith and allegiance. If you'll cheat on your wife as a key leader, am I supposed to trust you with the decisions made affecting me? Petraeus didn't have his wife's six. Why would he have mine?

This ain't fcukin' France...or Greece.

Leave a comment:

• McFire
    replied
    GS, perhaps my google-fu is lacking but I found no mention of Obama welcoming home of a Fallen.

They're not hard to find...they're few and all were photo-ops for the C-in-C.

Leave a comment:

• Doktor
    replied
    Originally posted by S2 View Post
    Such a comedian...
    Which one?

The sex affairs thing is so overrated in USA.

What's the biggy?

Leave a comment:

• S2
    replied
    Such a comedian...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X