No announcement yet.

Petraeus Resigns from the CIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jill Kelley was trying to get "diplomatic immunity" to get the press off the sidewalk in front of her house!

In 911 calls, Kelley tried to invoke diplomatic immunity - U.S. News

It's hilarious to drive in front of her house on my way to MacDill AFB (my wife took pictures yesterday to e-mail her friends of the soap opera spectacle).

This is a great smoke and mirrors diversion for the White House. There is no press focus on obama's role in the Benghazi fiasco. The only thing being focused on is the sex scandal. Time will go by, and when the Benghazi focus turns to obama again, he can say, "Well, who are you going to believe, me or the intelligence leadership...who was too busy having and covering up illicit affair(s)?"

And...so much for Patraeus being a possible GOP presidential candidate. This scandal outdoes how obama won his US Senate seat.
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
      oh boy, here comes the benghazi conspiracy theorists.
      Originally posted by McFire View Post
      This is a great smoke and mirrors diversion for the White House. There is no press focus on obama's role in the Benghazi fiasco. The only thing being focused on is the sex scandal. Time will go by, and when the Benghazi focus turns to obama again, he can say, "Well, who are you going to believe, me or the intelligence leadership...who was too busy having and covering up illicit affair(s)?"

Ah Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed.
      Supporting or defending Donald Trump is such an unforgivable moral failing that it calls every bit of your judgement and character into question. Nothing about you should be trusted if you can look at this man and find redeemable value

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
        Ah Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed.

Hmmm...so instead of classic Chicago politics, I could go with the version that we have an inept/incompetent president who's completely unaware of what's going on in his own cabinet. After all, he did defend Rice in today's press conference (first in 8 months), which means he once again is using the stupid video in defense of Benghazi (after opening the press conference by continuing to blame Bush for the economy).
        "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Comment

Originally posted by McFire View Post
          Hmmm...so instead of classic Chicago politics, I could go with the version that we have an inept/incompetent president who's completely unaware of what's going on in his own cabinet. After all, he did defend Rice in today's press conference (first in 8 months), which means he once again is using the stupid video in defense of Benghazi (after opening the press conference by continuing to blame Bush for the economy).
          I'm indifferent either way, although I should point out that I have a special place in my heart for conspiracy theorists.
          Supporting or defending Donald Trump is such an unforgivable moral failing that it calls every bit of your judgement and character into question. Nothing about you should be trusted if you can look at this man and find redeemable value

Comment

Benghazi? Simple. I'll invoke a mantra made famous by another democratic president- "The buck stops here". Everything that is or is not done correctly falls under the President's purview.
            "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
            "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
              Benghazi? Simple. I'll invoke a mantra made famous by another democratic president- "The buck stops here". Everything that is or is not done correctly falls under the President's purview.
              Such a 180 degree position from our current C-in-C.

Come to think of it, which President besides Obama has spent his entire first term complaining about inheriting a mess?

Comment

TH,

Come to think of it, which President besides Obama has spent his entire first term complaining about inheriting a mess?
                i'm much more sympathetic to him on the domestic front than i am on the foreign policy front, because in foreign policy the president has much more executive leeway.

in this case, yes, the buck does stop with Obama. to the extent that i criticize him, he should have said what the SECSTATE said, and earlier.

but i also find it reprehensible that Republicans are trying to make political hay out of this. the Ambassador knew what he was getting into-- both the dangers and the fact that if he needed military help, it would take a long time in coming.

BTW, this type of risk-taking was far more common in our diplomatic corps a generation back. prior to Beirut, traveling light and without security was commonplace as this is by far the most effective way for Ambassadors to work...and many of our Ambassadors sacrificed their lives for the US in such a way.
                There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

but i also find it reprehensible that Republicans are trying to make political hay out of this. the Ambassador knew what he was getting into-- both the dangers and the fact that if he needed military help, it would take a long time in coming.
                  Hardly surprising though. They're committed to attacking Obama every front possible...to the extent that when one of their own (Christie) praises Obama for disaster relief efforts, it gets blown up into a disaster of minor proportions.

Comment

Originally Posted by S2
                    Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                    Such a 180 degree position from our current C-in-C.

He did take responsibility. During the second debate.

President Obama on Benghazi: "I am always responsible" – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

President Barack Obama took ultimate responsibility on Tuesday for issues around last month's terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

"I am ultimately responsible for what's taking place there because these are my folks, and I'm the one who has to greet those coffins when they come home," Obama said during a debate with Republican presidential challenger Mitt Romney in New York.

"These are just representatives of the United States, they are my representatives. I send them there, often times into harms way," Obama said.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                      He did take responsibility. During the second debate.
                      "I am ultimately responsible for what's taking place there because these are my folks, and I'm the one who has to greet those coffins when they come home," Obama said during a debate with Republican presidential challenger Mitt Romney in New York.
                      GS, perhaps my google-fu is lacking but I found no mention of Obama welcoming home of a Fallen.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                        GS, perhaps my google-fu is lacking but I found no mention of Obama welcoming home of a Fallen.
                        I don't know how often Obama did this, but here he is at Dover AFB in October of 2009...

and at Andrews AFB for the Benghazi fallen...

sigpic

Comment

oh boy, here comes the benghazi conspiracy theorists.
                          AP article in my daily says, this scandal ..

- Could overshadow Obama's economic agenda this week,
                          - derail plans for a smooth transition in his national security team and
                          - complicate war planning during a critical time in the Afghanistan war effort.

Benghazi within the Petraeus context is a red herring.
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 15 Nov 12,, 10:45.

Comment

Me, I don't see what the big deal is. It was just a little sex.

-dale

Comment

Such a comedian...
                              "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
                                Such a comedian...
                                Which one?

The sex affairs thing is so overrated in USA.

What's the biggy?
                                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
                                X