No announcement yet.

Petraeus Resigns from the CIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And, the Associated Press has uncovered the trick Broadwell and Petraeus used to email each other without creating an online trail. The pair set up anonymous email accounts and drafted emails to each other without ever pushing "send." Each one could log on to the other account and click the "drafts" folder to see if a message had been left for them. This avoids creating an easily traceable email trail, the AP reported.
    That is a seriously smart move! Too bad Broadwell had to get her cat claws out and swipe at the other woman.
    Supporting or defending Donald Trump is such an unforgivable moral failing that it calls every bit of your judgement and character into question. Nothing about you should be trusted if you can look at this man and find redeemable value

Comment

I see a movie in the making
      sigpic

Comment

TH,

That is a seriously smart move! Too bad Broadwell had to get her cat claws out and swipe at the other woman.
        ironically, this is a tactic commonly used by the Taliban/AQ...lol.
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

And, the Associated Press has uncovered the trick Broadwell and Petraeus used to email each other without creating an online trail. The pair set up anonymous email accounts and drafted emails to each other without ever pushing "send." Each one could log on to the other account and click the "drafts" folder to see if a message had been left for them. This avoids creating an easily traceable email trail, the AP reported.

I see a movie in the making
          Speaking of movies, there was a movie where terrorists from Yemen were going to blow stuff up in the US and this is the method they used to keep in touch. Good movie too if you are stuck having to watch it on a plane. I can't remember the name of the movie though.

Comment

Excerpt from her presentation on Oct. 26 at a University of Denver alumni symposium. The full presentation (41:03) can be accessed here

Is she simply speculating here on Benghazi, or is she acting as a Petraeus proxy?

I also wonder what was going through her inner mind as she comments on sexual problems in the military.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rickshaw92 View Post
              Speaking of movies, there was a movie where terrorists from Yemen were going to blow stuff up in the US and this is the method they used to keep in touch. Good movie too if you are stuck having to watch it on a plane. I can't remember the name of the movie though.
              Could you perhaps be referring to "Traitor"?
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

I don't believe that this type of "service" is what our nation had in mind when sending Major Broadwell to West Point and, likely, the Kennedy School Of Gov't at Harvard along with her various official assignments.

Like Petraeus she's shown eminently poor judgement and discretion. She is an embarassment. I hope she's the good sense to resign her commission.
                "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
                  I don't believe that this type of "service" is what our nation had in mind when sending Major Broadwell to West Point and, likely, the Kennedy School Of Gov't at Harvard along with her various official assignments. Like Petraeus she's shown eminently poor judgement and discretion. She is an embarassment. I hope she's the good sense to resign her commission.
                  What I want to know is, why isn't she up for a court-martial?
                  Supporting or defending Donald Trump is such an unforgivable moral failing that it calls every bit of your judgement and character into question. Nothing about you should be trusted if you can look at this man and find redeemable value

Comment

if she's up for court-martial, then petraeus would have to go up too.
                    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                      So be it. If the General was so stupid as to pillow talk, then I have no qualms for him suffering the consequences.

Comment

What I want to know is, why isn't she up for a court-martial?

So be it. If the General was so stupid as to pillow talk, then I have no qualms for him suffering the consequences.

As I understand it Petreus was a retired officer at the time of the zipper malfunction and was not acting as a member of the armed forces but, rather, as part of the Senior Executive Service. As such he was not subject to the UCMJ aty that time. One could argue that he was still subject as a retired officer but I am trying to recall the last time a retired officer was called to active duty for something he did while retired and not for something he did while on active duty.

As for Broadwell, I do not believe she was on active duty either when the deeds were done. She was acting in her role as Deputy Director of the Jebsen Center for Counter-Terrorism Studies at The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University...again as a private citizen.

In both cases jurisdiction lies with the FBI and the DOJ.

I can not recall a time in recent history where anyone has been prosecuted for adultery in a Federal court. If it turns out she violated Federal laws with handling of classified materiels or for assault (the threatening e-mails) then go full bore.

Petreus resigned and his career is in tatters...I think that will be all we see there.
                        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                        Mark Twain

Comment

Apparently Jill Kelley's identical twin sister Natalie Khawam is also in the picture now.

Jill Kelley's Sister, Natalie Khawam, Got David Petraeus And John Allen Letters Of Support In Custody Battle

In the latest twist of the David Petraeus sex scandal, court records show the former CIA director and Gen. John Allen intervened last September in a messy custody dispute on behalf of Jill Kelley's sister, whom a judge described as dishonest and lacking integrity.
                          Both Allen and Petraeus wrote letters in September supporting Khawam in her ongoing custody fight for her son, D.C. Superior Court records show. Allen met Khawam, 37, when he was deputy commander of U.S. Central Command in Tampa, where they attended social functions. Petraeus said he met Khawam three years ago through Kelley.

Both men said she was a loving mother and asked the judge in the case to drop onerous visitation restrictions. "In light of Natalie's maturity, integrity and steadfast commitment to raising her child, I humbly request your reconsideration of the existing, mandated custody settlement," Allen said.

But Superior Court Judge Neal Kravitz a year earlier criticized Khawam for her behavior and said her "misrepresentations about virtually everything" would continue.

"Ms. Khawam appears to lack any appreciation or respect for the importance of honesty and integrity in her interactions with her family, employers and others with whom she comes in contact," he wrote in November 2011.

Not only did the judge in the case award her ex-husband custody last year of their 3-year-old son, John, but he also told Khawam to pay his legal bills amounting to $350,000. Khawam filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in April after racking up more than $3 million in debt, according to federal court records.
                          Forget a movie, they have enough material for a primetime soap opera here.
                          Last edited by Firestorm; 14 Nov 12,, 18:35.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                            I use this to pass personal documentation (pictures, filled up government forms etc.) between different computers - upload something on my gmail draft and then download from another machine.

Should have had this move copyrighted
                            "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                              TH,

ironically, this is a tactic commonly used by the Taliban/AQ...lol.
                              Heh, yeah thats what the 9-11 perps did.

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                                Petreus resigned and his career is in tatters...I think that will be all we see there.
                                So sad, Petraeus was THE man in Iraq & Afghanistan.

This is all very bizarre.

Comment

Working...
                                X