Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama lied to the world about the Bengazi attack

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by gunnut View Post
    What exactly did FDR say on 12/8/1941? Something to the effect of,

    "Dec 7th, 1941, a date which will live in infamy. US was suddenly and deliberately attacked by the forces of Japan."

    I suppose he could come out and say, "US was attacked by a spontaneous gathering of Japanese fisherman not happy about a racist cartoon shown in the newspaper."

    Then it will be the equivalent.
    Not quite. He'd also say he condemned his political opposition in the strongest possible terms for commenting about it.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

    Leibniz

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
      Not quite. He'd also say he condemned his political opposition in the strongest possible terms for commenting about it.
      Who condemned whom?
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Bridgeburner_ View Post
        This is disgusting character assassination. If you actually had taken the time to watch the video, and PUT THE PHOTO IN CONTEXT, you would notice that it is the customary curt smile given by individuals to reporters upon completion of a speech. I find it funny how you attack above posters for being "Right wing attack dogs", when you will duplicitously imply that Mitt Romney somehow found enjoyment in the deaths of U.S diplomats and base these accusations in out of context shots.
        x2

        i havent been on these boards in awhile, but checking a few threadas today and this guys crap makes me want to vomit in my mouth.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by bfng3569 View Post
          x2

          i havent been on these boards in awhile, but checking a few threadas today and this guys crap makes me want to vomit in my mouth.
          You think he could be part of the Obama cyber brigade? He has all the daily democrat talking points complete with left wing news outlet articles and blogs, plus custom pictures.

          Roosey is a democrat, but not delusional. This guy is just over the top. Like David Axelrod over the top.
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

          Comment


          • #20
            Leave my latest chew toy alone! :)

            We'll see if he actually shows back up after Election night.

            -dale

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
              OK, let me give you the "grown up" answer. No Shit we lied. Its the smart thing to do. The American public isn't the only ones watching CNN. Our enemies are too.

              It gives us the chance to investigate, conduct planning and put assets in place before the enemy thinks we have figured it out.

              Do you think only Obama has done this? I would easily assume every President since Kennedy did the same.

              The big problem we have, is that now information passes quickly, and everyone wants their 15 min of fame. Its harder to stay ahead of the information cycle then it was even 5 years ago.
              In full agreement with Gunny. Many intelligent men have stated the very same that since the outbreak of WWII we have never been able to stay in step with technology. It is and always will be two steps ahead.
              Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by dalem View Post
                Well, considering CNN swept the premises before the FBI (or whoever did), I'm not willing to credit Obama with any sort of maskirovska.

                -dale
                Interesting you use a russian military word ;)

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                  Interesting you use a russian military word ;)
                  Da.

                  -dale

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                    OK, let me give you the "grown up" answer. No Shit we lied. Its the smart thing to do. The American public isn't the only ones watching CNN. Our enemies are too.
                    Lying is never the best option. You can always pack an answer without absolutes and not lying your own people. Of course you wont tell the whole truth, but what you say should be nothing but the truth.

                    Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                    It gives us the chance to investigate, conduct planning and put assets in place before the enemy thinks we have figured it out.
                    Assuming that the enemy haven't figured out that you have figured out is plain dumb (sorry). Also assuming that the enemy would think "Hey these folks are really stupid and wont figure out we hit them with mortars" is out of this world.

                    Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                    Do you think only Obama has done this? I would easily assume every President since Kennedy did the same.
                    So it is OK?

                    Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                    The big problem we have, is that now information passes quickly, and everyone wants their 15 min of fame. Its harder to stay ahead of the information cycle then it was even 5 years ago.
                    Actually it is not that hard, as long as the info you spread is accurate. It's called trust. There is plethora of information on the net and it only matters which sources you trust.
                    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

                    To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Bridgeburner_ View Post
                      This is disgusting character assassination. If you actually had taken the time to watch the video, and PUT THE PHOTO IN CONTEXT, you would notice that it is the customary curt smile given by individuals to reporters upon completion of a speech. I find it funny how you attack above posters for being "Right wing attack dogs", when you will duplicitously imply that Mitt Romney somehow found enjoyment in the deaths of U.S diplomats and base these accusations in out of context shots.
                      I can't remember the last time a politician conducted a serious hastily called news conference to condemn the deaths of Americans then after it was done slipped into 'something more comfortable' like his fake curt smile while discussing his views on the events and his reactions, then walk away with a big shite eating grin on his face.

                      Let me know when you find one.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by dmwnc1959 View Post
                        I can't remember the last time a politician conducted a serious hastily called news conference to condemn the deaths of Americans then after it was done slipped into 'something more comfortable' like his fake curt smile while discussing his views on the events and his reactions, then walk away with a big shite eating grin on his face.

                        Let me know when you find one.
                        Hey give him a break, in his mind Chris Stevens murder was just a bump in the road on his way to a Vegas fund raiser
                        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

                        Leibniz

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                          Hey give him a break, in his mind Chris Stevens murder was just a bump in the road on his way to a Vegas fund raiser
                          The latest right wingnut outrage has to do with President Obama’s use of the phrase “bumps in the road,” while speaking about the road to democracy.

                          During an interview on 60 Minutes last night, Obama was asked about the Arab Spring not U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens that was killed along with 3 other state department workers in Libya.

                          Obama from 60 Minutes' interview:

                          “I think it was absolutely the right thing for us to do to align ourselves with democracy, universal rights a notion that people have to be able to participate in their own governance. But I was pretty certain and continue to be pretty certain that there are going to be bumps in the road because, you know, in a lot of these places, the one organizing principle has been Islam. The one part of society that hasn’t been controlled completely by the government. There are strains of extremism, and anti-Americanism, and anti-Western sentiment.”

                          Obama wasn't talking about the incident in Libya. He was addressing a specific question about the Middle East.

                          "The Right Wing Media is increasingly desperate to find something to slander the President with, in the hopes that, in spite of Romney's staggering incompetence, they can convince enough low information conservatives to vote for him anyway.

                          As disgraceful as Romney's pathetic claim that a statement of condemnation issued by the US embassy prior to a riot was in fact an apology and expression of sympathy for the rioters, this 'bump in the road' comment taken out of context, shows that the Right Wing seems to have nothing else left to run on.

                          The latest nonsense seems to be the Right Wing Media's complete distortion of the President's use of the common phrase "bump in the road", a bizarre attempt to once again cast the President as a Muslim sympathizer unconcerned about American lives.

                          Romney's Latest Wingnut Outrage, 'Bump in the Road' Remark is for 'Bump in the Polls' - CNN iReport

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by dmwnc1959 View Post
                            The latest right wingnut outrage has to do with President Obama’s use of the phrase “bumps in the road,” while speaking about the road to democracy.

                            During an interview on 60 Minutes last night, Obama was asked about the Arab Spring not U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens that was killed along with 3 other state department workers in Libya.
                            Hmm let's see.

                            11 September Chris Stevens murdered.
                            23 September Obama asked by Steve Kroft, the interviewer: 'Have the events that took place in the Middle East, the recent events in the Middle East given you any pause about your support for the governments that have come to power following the Arab Spring?

                            Epic fail Roosie, or are you suggesting Obama had forgotten all about Stevens two weeks later?
                            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

                            Leibniz

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              dmwnc1959 Reply

                              "...Have the events that took place in the Middle East, the recent events in the Middle East given you any pause about your support for the governments that have come to power following the Arab Spring?"

                              Ah...well, if Liberty1955 says this is a generalized question then it surely must be so. Therefore, let no "...bump in the road..." be misconstrued.

                              You, sir, are a twit. A dim-witted no clue 1959 mint twit. But funny. Very, very funny.:)

                              This personal ad hominem attack has been approved by S-2.
                              "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by S2 View Post
                                "...Have the events that took place in the Middle East, the recent events in the Middle East given you any pause about your support for the governments that have come to power following the Arab Spring?"

                                Ah...well, if Liberty1955 says this is a generalized question then it surely must be so. Therefore, let no "...bump in the road..." be misconstrued.

                                You, sir, are a twit. A dim-witted no clue 1959 mint twit. But funny. Very, very funny.:)

                                This personal ad hominem attack has been approved by S-2.
                                If you seriously think that the President of the United States would refer specifically to the death of an American Ambassador as a 'bump in the road' then you deserve Romney as your President.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X