Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama lied to the world about the Bengazi attack

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IIRC, although Marines guard US embassies and consulates, the overall security of these facilities falls under the purview of the Diplomatic Security Service (DSS - DoS)
    sigpic

    Comment


    • From what I understand, Hillary Clinton and Susan Rice have been asked to testify this coming week at the Senate Intelligence Hearings on Benghazi. They have also requested testimony from the State Dept. official who made the security decisions concerning the embassy and consulate in Libya.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • to close this out: a House Intelligence Committee, which is Republican-led, just concluded that there was no deliberate wrong-doing by the administration. no stand-down order was given. talking points reflected what the intel agencies thought.

        further details await declassification from the intel agencies.
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

        Comment


        • Under siege and short on friends, former Libyan resident Muammar Gaddafi was out of options in 2011 – as a menacing army of what would be later called “democratically” minded rebels surrounded him. To the international press, Gaddafi offered a consistent take on the events, that despite the claims of democratic revolution, the rebel forces were predominantly constituted of al Qaeda and other jihadist members. The United States, however, interpreted the scenario differently, viewing Gaddafi as an oppressive, sadistic tyrant, hell-bent on murdering democratic leaning revolutionaries.

          There was truth to Gaddafi’s al Qaeda claims, to the dismay of the United States. In 2011, the Maghreb chapter of al- Qaeda – the faction once directly run by Osama bin Laden – condemned Gaddafi and openly pushed for all Muslims to support the Libyan uprising. According to West Point’s Combating Terrorism Center, the Libyan city of Benghazi was one of al Qaeda’s main headquarters – and the a main source of Al Qaeda fighters who entered Iraq. NATO planes, protecting the fundamentalist sects within the later infamous city, however, thwarted Gaddafi’s assault on Benghazi.

          As al Jazeera published in 2011, “Gaddafi is struggling to maintain his authority in the country, as major swathes of territory in the east of the vast North African country now appear to be under the control of pro-democracy protesters.” Years later, after America financial assistance and intelligence support, the rebels would be successful. The al Qaeda flag was flown over the Benghazi courthouse once Gaddafi was murdered in the streets. Part of this support was allowing even extremist rebel groups to receive advanced weaponry from the Qatari Government. Large portions of Libya are still completely destabilized or controlled by al Qaeda.

          Retired Rear admiral Chuck Hubeic, one of the contributors to the later CIA report on the Libyan incident, would state that the majority of the weapons supplied to the Libyan rebels were moved to Syria.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by GPresearch View Post
            Under siege and short on friends, former Libyan resident Muammar Gaddafi was out of options in 2011 – as a menacing army of what would be later called “democratically” minded rebels surrounded him. To the international press, Gaddafi offered a consistent take on the events, that despite the claims of democratic revolution, the rebel forces were predominantly constituted of al Qaeda and other jihadist members. The United States, however, interpreted the scenario differently, viewing Gaddafi as an oppressive, sadistic tyrant, hell-bent on murdering democratic leaning revolutionaries.

            There was truth to Gaddafi’s al Qaeda claims, to the dismay of the United States. In 2011, the Maghreb chapter of al- Qaeda – the faction once directly run by Osama bin Laden – condemned Gaddafi and openly pushed for all Muslims to support the Libyan uprising. According to West Point’s Combating Terrorism Center, the Libyan city of Benghazi was one of al Qaeda’s main headquarters – and the a main source of Al Qaeda fighters who entered Iraq. NATO planes, protecting the fundamentalist sects within the later infamous city, however, thwarted Gaddafi’s assault on Benghazi.

            As al Jazeera published in 2011, “Gaddafi is struggling to maintain his authority in the country, as major swathes of territory in the east of the vast North African country now appear to be under the control of pro-democracy protesters.” Years later, after America financial assistance and intelligence support, the rebels would be successful. The al Qaeda flag was flown over the Benghazi courthouse once Gaddafi was murdered in the streets. Part of this support was allowing even extremist rebel groups to receive advanced weaponry from the Qatari Government. Large portions of Libya are still completely destabilized or controlled by al Qaeda.

            Retired Rear admiral Chuck Hubeic, one of the contributors to the later CIA report on the Libyan incident, would state that the majority of the weapons supplied to the Libyan rebels were moved to Syria.
            If you're going to copy someone else's work, cite the source.
            Trust me?
            I'm an economist!

            Comment


            • Sorry, sir, that is my own work.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by GPresearch View Post
                Sorry, sir, that is my own work.
                If so, nicely done. Now, if you will please introduce yourself as is customary, here's the link: http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wab...tml#post975334

                You might try your hand at a more current topic. We've about run the Benghazi affair as far as it can go, at least for now.
                To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

                Comment


                • Originally posted by GPresearch View Post
                  NATO planes, protecting the fundamentalist sects within the later infamous city, however, thwarted Gaddafi’s assault on Benghazi.
                  Your research was flawed. Lockerbie. We want Qaddafy to die. We can handle AQ a lot easier than a pissed off Qaddafy seeking vengeance. Berlin Disco for your research.
                  Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 05 Sep 14,, 05:50.
                  Chimo

                  Comment


                  • The KRG’s deputy Prime Minister Quban Talabani stated that there is still a great imbalance between the weaponry used by the Islamic State and that of the Kurds. While Talabani pleas with the west to support the religiously tolerant, Israel and American friendly Kurdish region, the United States continues to increase funding to assorted groups of Syrian revolutionaries – many of which have traveled to Syria on Jihad. Because of their status as soldiers of a “non-state, ” Kurdish troops are told that American and European countries cant supply with weapons or training unless coordinated through Baghdad – the current status of Libya and Syria would suggest the opposite is true in differencing circumstances. Despite being starved into submission – through military isolation and oil sanctions – president Barzani still cowers from independence, in exchange for his safe, subservient place at the Iraqi table, content with receiving mere scraps from the ruling Iraqi/Iranian government and the myopic,hypocritical western governments that initially propped it up.

                    The Kurds, despite what president Barzani believes is a positive servant/master relationship with America, wont benefit from attachment to the Sunni/ Shiite civil war that will ever increasingly be waged to Kurdistans’s south.With the Sunni run Qatar, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia sponsoring Jihadist groups in a proxy wars against Syria and Iraq, resolution could only be accomplished by an American intervention that wont ever be considered: More than weapons funding and air strikes, if sanctions and legitimate threats are bestowed upon the pan-Arab countries who are currently funding this war, the Islamic State will wither and die. If the United States does not take this action, their policy will reveal its true nature: oil deals, more than basic morality, recent historical responsibility, and the deaths of millions of Middle Easterners, is the paramount issue regarding the United States decision making process. If the Kurds continue to rely on a culturally ignorant, sorted, capitalistically minded American foreign policy to protect and guide them, they will forever lose their chance for independence.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dmwnc1959 View Post
                      If you seriously think that the President of the United States would refer specifically to the death of an American Ambassador as a 'bump in the road' then you deserve Romney as your President.
                      It has been a while but Romney, whatever his faults would have been no worse and very likely would have been much better that the head of this Regime.

                      Comment


                      • Oh, what a surprise . . .

                        Who would have thunk it?


                        AP: “House intel panel debunks many Benghazi theories”: House intel panel debunks many Benghazi theories

                        Debunking a series of persistent allegations hinting at dark conspiracies, the investigation of the politically charged incident determined that there was no intelligence failure, no delay in sending a CIA rescue team, no missed opportunity for a military rescue, and no evidence the CIA was covertly shipping arms from Libya to Syria.


                        AJC: “GOP-led report obliterates Fox News’ version of Benghazi”: GOP-led report obliterates Fox News’ version of Benghazi | Jay Bookman

                        “That’s pretty much a slam-dunk refutation of the entire Benghazi conspiracy theory so avidly argued by many conservatives, and again, it comes from the Republican-led House Intelligence Committee. Similar press accounts of the committee findings were filed by NPR, the Washington Post, The Hill, NBC, etc. The whole right-wing Benghazi narrative is exposed for what it always was, which is nonsense.”


                        And, even Fox:
                        No stand down order or military missteps in Benghazi attack, GOP-controlled intel panel finds”: No stand down order or military missteps in Benghazi attack, GOP-controlled intel panel finds | Fox News

                        The report blames the Obama administration's inaccurate portrayal of the attack as having evolved from a protest on fragmentary and contradictory intelligence from the CIA. It finds no intent to mislead the American public.


                        I envisage a long string of apologies and resignations . . . not.
                        Trust me?
                        I'm an economist!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DOR View Post
                          Who would have thunk it?


                          AP: “House intel panel debunks many Benghazi theories”: House intel panel debunks many Benghazi theories

                          lol...You mean to say you were biased all this time?
                          To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
                            lol...You mean to say you were biased all this time?
                            As with all hard-to-believe reports coming out of left field, I had to consider the source.
                            Trust me?
                            I'm an economist!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DOR View Post
                              As with all hard-to-believe reports coming out of left field, I had to consider the source.
                              Keep your powder dry...another special committee has been formed to rehash the whole issue. Politics.
                              To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
                                Keep your powder dry...another special committee has been formed to rehash the whole issue. Politics.
                                Reminds me of Whitewater . . . investigate; turn up nothing; change the focus and keep wasting time, money and political attention
                                Trust me?
                                I'm an economist!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X