Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Legitimate Rape" comment now OK with Republicans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmwnc1959 View Post
    Never denied it either. And YES, Democrats have had their 'lowlifes' too.
    Really? I'd think that it was only the GOP that's the problem.

Originally posted by dmwnc1959 View Post
    Democrats aren't the ones running around professing to upholding and protecting traditional marriage, preaching family values, and holding the Bible in one hand while thumping hookers and their staffers wives with the other.
    Yes yes, I know. Which again, means that people expect the Democrats to act like a moral cesspool. Mission Accomplished.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Roosveltrepub View Post
      and he doubles down with she was unladylike in the debate. He is an anachrnism and embarrassing. Sometimes power trumps principles as is the case with anyone in the 21st century supporting him and claiming he is not hostile to woman in the public sphere
      Was she unladylike?

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
        Here is the actual wording of the 2012 GOP plank,

“Faithful to the ‘self-evident’ truths enshrined in the Declaration of Independence, we assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed,” said the draft platform language approved Tuesday, which was first reported by CNN. “We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment’s protections apply to unborn children.”

I don't agree with it, but I sure wish more politicians would pursue the constitutional amendment route vs executive order, presidential degree, presidential directive ad nauseum.

In part becuase of the blue dogs

Even a black governor and black politicians were taken aback by it, they knew exactly what Biden was implying.

BS, it is not the VP or POTUS job to race bait.

You should consider helping AM defend Pakistan, he needs a hand.
        Before even trying to give constitutional protections to the unborn you might want to make them citizens first. Got to be careful though as you might open up a huge can of worms as every pregnant illegal will suddenly have full rights. Is this your back door "dream act" Why not focus on having less unwanted pregnancies? far less divisive than abortion and both sides of the fence will be able to work together. Win-win.

First off, Pakistan can riot in hell until they stop harboring terrorist. Secondly, there were WHITE people in Biden's audience too. They were included in the shackles which kind of negates the race thing. Lastly Biden is not the only one that referenced shackles. If you want to be offended by that word you can't pick and choose. Either be offended every time the word is used or don't bother. Besides I said provocative, not race bait. The idea that the 1% using republicans to enslave the other 99% is nothing new.

One more thing. Pelosi is not a blue dog and neither is Reid. Had Obama allowed it we would have seen a re-enactment of Clinton's assault rifle fiasco. BTW Clinton didn't have any problems with the blue dogs.
        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
          One more thing. Pelosi is not a blue dog and neither is Reid. Had Obama allowed it we would have seen a re-enactment of Clinton's assault rifle fiasco. BTW Clinton didn't have any problems with the blue dogs.
          Lets not forget that Obama actually expanded gun rights.

He signed into law the right to carry concealed guns in national parks and wildlife refuges. As long as it was legal in the individual state.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
            Lets not forget that Obama actually expanded gun rights.
            Impressive actually, because...

If Obama thought for one second that he had more than a snowball's chance in hell of successfully reinstating the Clinton-era "Assault Weapons" Ban, he'd leave scorch marks signing the bill into law again.
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

If Obama thought for one second that he had more than a snowball's chance in hell of successfully reinstating the Clinton-era "Assault Weapons" Ban, he'd leave scorch marks signing the bill into law again.
              but of course that's imagination not based on fact or evidence. i think Mitt Romney would end SS .....
              Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
              ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
                Was she unladylike?

-dale
                depends what is unladylike behavior in a debate? treating a man like an equal? Then yes
                Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
                ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

I want proof of that. He had a damned good chance his first couple of years when the democrats had near total control of congress.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosveltrepub View Post
                    but of course that's imagination not based on fact or evidence. i think Mitt Romney would end SS .....
                    Yup, total imagination. No facts nor evidence whatsoever. I just pulled that out of thin air like some idiot Birther.

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                    I want proof of that. He had a damned good chance his first couple of years when the democrats had near total control of congress.
                    Ask and ye shall receive

"As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons". ~ Eric Holder Link
                    the president said during a press conference in Mexico City in April that he has "not backed off at all from my belief that the assault weapons ban makes sense."

Obama acknowledged at the press conference that he was not "under any illusions that reinstating that ban would be easy." Link
                    He knows a losing battle when he sees one. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't do it in a heartbeat.

Comment

You think Obama would. Even though he has given no indication for doing so. In fact he chastized Holder for mentioning doing so.

But, we do know that Romney did sign a Assault weapons ban as gov in 2004. He also raised the gun registration fee from $25 to $75. As late as 2008 he continued to support a Assault Weapons ban. Even after he joined the NRA a month before throwing his hat in the ring for President. Gun owners of America rate Romney a D-

Here's Mitt Romney's press release from 2005 for hi... on Twitpic

2012 Presidential Candidates - Gun Owners Of America

Gun Rights and Mitt Romney - Gun Owners Of America

Comment

Yup, total imagination. No facts nor evidence whatsoever. I just pulled that out of thin air like some idiot Birther.

Ask and ye shall receive

He knows a losing battle when he sees one. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't do it in a heartbeat.
                        Its clear Holder would. Although I wouldn't be too surprised I still don't see Obama as foaming at the mouth while working to reenact the assault weapons debacle. Especially as Gun Grape pointed out Obama actually expanded gun rights and I am sure that didn't sit well with more than a few top democrats. All things considered that can also be an example of Obama working with republicans. Reaching out across the isle so to speak. Even if this legislation was piggy backed onto something else.

Comment

I could see Obama trying something like the AWB by Executive Order in a second term if he were to get one, but I can't see it coming again via the legislature. Most of them from non ultra-blue districts/states know it's a career-ending decision these days. Just like Obamacare turned out to be.

-dale

Comment

You think Obama would. Even though he has given no indication for doing so. In fact he chastized Holder for mentioning doing so.
                            I can only go by Obama's own words: "[I have] not backed off at all from my belief that the assault weapons ban makes sense." Seems pretty clear he's in favor of it.

But he also knows it's a total loser and would be worse than DOA in Congress, it'd be downright toxic for anybody associated with it...starting with HIM.

But, we do know that Romney did sign a Assault weapons ban as gov in 2004. He also raised the gun registration fee from $25 to $75. As late as 2008 he continued to support a Assault Weapons ban. Even after he joined the NRA a month before throwing his hat in the ring for President. Gun owners of America rate Romney a D-
                            Well...OK, but we're talking about Obama here.

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
                              I could see Obama trying something like the AWB by Executive Order in a second term if he were to get one, but I can't see it coming again via the legislature. Most of them from non ultra-blue districts/states know it's a career-ending decision these days. Just like Obamacare turned out to be.

-dale
                              Perfect summation all around.

Comment

frankly though, not much point in discussing 'could or would'.

he would pay a high political price for something he's not particularly passionate about. he's not liable to do it by executive order because to do so would allow republicans to tar dems by association-- and would have a high chance of getting overturned the second a republican got into the Presidency. he'd ruin his legacy within the party for doing so.
                                There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X