Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Legitimate Rape" comment now OK with Republicans?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Legitimate Rape" comment now OK with Republicans?

    After what was nothing short of a massive backlash for his "legitimate rape" comments by nearly every single major Republican and Right Wing commentator in the entire country, the Republican National Committee Chairman, and all funding being pulled by every PAC and contributor including the RNC, it looks like the Republicans are now OK with the "legitimate rape" comment and lining up behind (crawling back with their tails between their legs) the embattled Republican Representative from Missouri, Todd Akin. This is all in the attempt to keep one Democrat from winning office.

    Sound familiar? It's like when all the Republicans line up to defeat one Democratic president.

    Conservative PAC backs Todd Akin in Missouri

    Todd Akin gets more support from top Republicans

    Conservative PAC officially endorses Akin | Inside Missouri Politics

  • #2
    Originally posted by dmwnc1959 View Post
    After what was nothing short of a massive backlash for his "legitimate rape" comments by nearly every single major Republican and Right Wing commentator in the entire country, the Republican National Committee Chairman, and all funding being pulled by every PAC and contributor including the RNC, it looks like the Republicans are now OK with the "legitimate rape" comment and lining up behind (crawling back with their tails between their legs) the embattled Republican Representative from Missouri, Todd Akin. This is all in the attempt to keep one Democrat from winning office.

    Sound familiar? It's like when all the Republicans line up to defeat one Democratic president.

    Conservative PAC backs Todd Akin in Missouri

    Todd Akin gets more support from top Republicans

    Conservative PAC officially endorses Akin | Inside Missouri Politics
    Or, more accurately, it looks like some Republicans think controlling the Senate is more important than one dumbass comment by Akin. The RNC appears to still be treating him like Plutonium.

    -dale

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dalem View Post
      Or, more accurately, it looks like some Republicans think controlling the Senate is more important than one dumbass comment by Akin. The RNC appears to still be treating him like Plutonium.

      -dale
      Funny thing the Vice President can accuse Republicans of wanting to put blacks in chains, and the president can call people who don't agree with him dead enders desperately clinging to God and Guns..... But a single dumbass republican candidate trumps the blatant racism in the White House....

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by zraver View Post
        Funny thing the Vice President can accuse Republicans of wanting to put blacks in chains, and the president can call people who don't agree with him dead enders desperately clinging to God and Guns..... But a single dumbass republican candidate trumps the blatant racism in the White House....
        Funny indeed.

        -dale

        Comment


        • #5
          And Republicans can solicit prostitutes, fly to South America to commit adultery on their wife, be arrested for bathroom sex solicitation, blackmail with payoffs then fire their staff members for humping his wife, and in the same breath profess to be the party of American Values, preach religious ethics to the rest of us, and profess to upholding and protecting traditional marriage?

          Comment


          • #6
            I didn't know Obama's security are republicans :red:
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

            To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Doktor View Post
              I didn't know Obama's security are republicans :red:
              They're not ELECTED government officials.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dmwnc1959 View Post
                They're not ELECTED government officials.

                So that makes it okay then. Whew. I thought it might be a scandal or something. But I forget sometimes that Dems don't have scandals because no one (especially including Dems themselves) expects Dems to be anything other than immoral scumbags.

                -dale

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dmwnc1959 View Post
                  And Republicans can solicit prostitutes, fly to South America to commit adultery on their wife, be arrested for bathroom sex solicitation, blackmail with payoffs then fire their staff members for humping his wife, and in the same breath profess to be the party of American Values, preach religious ethics to the rest of us, and profess to upholding and protecting traditional marriage?
                  You know, the funny thing is that outside the USA none of this would be relevant for a politician.

                  See Silvio Berlusconi as a prominent example.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dmwnc1959 View Post
                    And Republicans can solicit prostitutes, fly to South America to commit adultery on their wife, be arrested for bathroom sex solicitation, blackmail with payoffs then fire their staff members for humping his wife, and in the same breath profess to be the party of American Values, preach religious ethics to the rest of us, and profess to upholding and protecting traditional marriage?
                    Big fucking deal. Remember these guys? Do you really want to go pol for pol?




                    Do us all a favor and drop the pious holier-than-thou finger pointing.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by TopHatter; 28 Sep 12,, 20:11.
                    Supporting or defending Donald Trump is such an unforgivable moral failing that it calls every bit of your judgement and character into question. Nothing about you should be trusted if you can look at this man and find redeemable value

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      But Commissar, those pols you pictured never ran on a "Family Values" platform.

                      I think that is dmwnc1959's point.

                      If the Republicans want to be the party of "Family Values" they need to practice what they preach.

                      Mark Stanford ran this ad while running off with his mistress

                      Minor Ripper: Video: Mark Sanford Family Values Campaign Ad from 2002

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                        But Commissar, those pols you pictured never ran on a "Family Values" platform.

                        I think that is dmwnc1959's point.

                        If the Republicans want to be the party of "Family Values" they need to practice what they preach.
                        Yes I did catch that.

                        But as Dale pointed out "Dems don't have scandals because no one (especially including Dems themselves) expects Dems to be anything other than immoral scumbags."

                        In other words, the Democrats don't have any room to talk, regardless of what the GOP preaches (before violating said sermon).

                        Also I'm well past the point of being sick and tired of the GOP being held up as what's wrong with the government, as if the Democrats are saintly angels.

                        I have no problem with the GOP being shown up as the lowlifes that that they are...but dmwnc could at least have the moral honesty to admit the same is very much true of the Dems.

                        And that's Comrade Commissar!
                        Last edited by TopHatter; 28 Sep 12,, 22:09.
                        Supporting or defending Donald Trump is such an unforgivable moral failing that it calls every bit of your judgement and character into question. Nothing about you should be trusted if you can look at this man and find redeemable value

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          "Legitimate rape" was taken out of context by the liberal left.

                          What Akin meant was an act of real rape, as in sex without consent, rather than a consensual sex where a party later accused another of it not being a consensual act.

                          Here's a local high school kid who was imprisoned for 6 years before the girl admitted that it was a consensual act.

                          Former inmate exonerated in rape case joins pro football team – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

                          Just type in "girl retracts rape claim" into any search engine and you'll see hundreds of news stories about a girl accused a guy of rape and later admitted it was consensual. That, folks, is not a "legitimate rape."
                          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                            Here's a local high school kid who was imprisoned for 6 years before the girl admitted that it was a consensual act.
                            So in cases such as this does the complainant get imprisonment commensurate with the time the victim served?
                            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

                            Leibniz

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                              So in cases such as this does the complainant get imprisonment commensurate with the time the victim served?
                              I don't know. I don't think so.

                              The kid got some bad legal advice also. He was urged to plead guilty in exchange for a shorter sentence rather than fight it and risk a longer one.
                              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X