No announcement yet.

Southern Border Developments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fear that closing your southern border may only shift the problems northwards. The Canadian-American border is far less monitored than your southern one and in places, impossible to monitor because of the forests. Instead of the Cartels, you get the First Nations Warriors. While cigerrettes is their choice of smuggle, it wouldn't take long for them to switch to more expensive items.

And you have a bigger problem with the First Nations than you do with the Mexicans. You can unilatterally close your borders. The First Nations have open borders by treaty between Canada and the US.

Comment

• Colonel, I used to order cuban cigars from Casa del Habano in Victoria. They would come across Juan de Fuca in a skiff to Anacortes or Bellingham, then they'd go to the local mailboxes etc. and send them off via UPS. In a day or two I'd have them at my door.

I got no problem with Canadian smugglers...
      "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

• At least the ones from the north know the difference between traveling/vacationing and setting up a permanent shop. There are tens of millions from the south that just can't get the hint that as criminals they are not welcome here.
        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by bonehead View Post
          At least the ones from the north know the difference between traveling/vacationing and setting up a permanent shop. There are tens of millions from the south that just can't get the hint that as criminals they are not welcome here.
          You obviously haven't dealt with "Snowbirds".

Comment

• Just the feathered kind. I did not know Florida was such a Canadian magnet. No wonder everyone wears sunglasses down there. With luck you can see O of E in a speedo. I hear thongs have been banned for some time.

Comment

• Nahh, I will never venture into the country where She Who Shall Not Be Named resides.

Comment

• Militarize!

Militarize!

Militarize!

Militarize!

i say (again!!) turn the entire southern boarder into a new National Training Center! Desert Warfare training, Spec. Ops, Counter Insurgency training, M-1's, stryker brigades, apaches and cobras, UAV's, the works!

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                  Nahh, I will never venture into the country where She Who Shall Not Be Named resides.
                  Not even if Gun Grape waves a bottle of 20 yr single malt in your direction?

Comment

• Well if you ever do, Colonel, bring me a box of Romeo y Julietta #2's. I'm afraid to order them any more...:(
                    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

• Originally posted by highsea View Post
                      Well if you ever do, Colonel, bring me a box of Romeo y Julietta #2's. I'm afraid to order them any more...:(
                      And here I was just about to shoot you a pm asking what was the best way to order cubans through Canada since my contact in Ixtapa decided to flake out on me. :(

Why are you afraid to order more?

Btw....I will overlook your blasphemy of smoking R&J #2 instead of Monte Kristo #2. :)). :P
                      Last edited by YellowFever; 08 Apr 10,, 19:34.

Comment

• Now hold on- I like that montecristo just fine. It is the benchmark torpedo. But the real McCoy runs about ~$40 a stick.

That little RJ tubo goes for about $240 a box, and it's a winner if you can get'em. :)

My all time favorites:
                        Montecristo #2
                        Cohiba Robusto
                        Bolivar Grand Corona
                        Romeo y Julietta Churchill
                        Cohiba Siglo IV
                        Montecristo #3

I stopped ordering them after 9/11, figuring the cross straight traffic was going to be a hassle. It might be okay now, I don't know.

Best way I found to buy if you can't make the trip in person, was to find what you want on their website, and give them a phone call- try get their assurance they can actually get it to you. Then give them your VISA number and cross your fingers. I never had any problems.

I recommend going directly to the importer though, so many counterfeits out there. Casa del Habano in Vancouver would be my first try.

Let me know if you try it. ;)

Another really good cigar is the Padron Anniversario series- legal and as close to cuba as you can get in the states.

Comment

• Well yeah, truth be known, I use the Montecristos more as bribes and barganing chips among my friends and boss. :))

My last box which I bought while I was in Playa del Carmen couple of months ago costed me appx. $600.

I'm thinking about switching to R y J and bringing over a couple of boxes when I go back to Zhujataneo in May but I hate sweating bullets in customs everytime I do that.

Thanks for a name and Im going to go look at their website if they have one.

(maybe I shouldve been nicer to some of our Canadian members :)) )

Comment

• Originally posted by bfng3569 View Post
                            Militarize!

Militarize!

Militarize!

Militarize!

i say (again!!) turn the entire southern boarder into a new National Training Center! Desert Warfare training, Spec. Ops, Counter Insurgency training, M-1's, stryker brigades, apaches and cobras, UAV's, the works!
                            Posse Comitatus

Posse Comitatus

Posse Comitatus

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                              You obviously haven't dealt with "Snowbirds".
                              I have, and it's NOT very nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Julie View Post
                                I have, and it's NOT very nice.
                                I swear , Colonel, she didn't mean you!

(I always wanted to get Julie into trouble. )

Comment

Working...
                                X