Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
    I never hinted Obama anything.

I asked a simple question as to if you know who was or were against tightened border security during the Bush years.
    Not that interested really. I guess I could look it up if I wanted to. My point was to highlight once again the Bush Administration's failures in seeing problems and coming up with viable solutions. They were in charge for 8 very long years. They are accountable.
    Last edited by Ali; 24 Mar 09,, 22:33.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ali View Post
      Not that interested really. I guess I could look it up if I wanted to. My point was to highlight once again the Bush Administration's failures in seeing problems and coming up with viable solutions. They were in charge for 8 very long years. They are accountable.
      So democrats' resistance to secure the border doesn't bother you at all?
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

So democrats' resistance to secure the border doesn't bother you at all?
        I don't think democrats were or are resistant to securing the border at all. I think they wouldn't vote for a lame ass plan - and neither would I. Whatever. At least the job is getting done now.

Comment

I don't think democrats were or are resistant to securing the border at all. I think they wouldn't vote for a lame ass plan - and neither would I. Whatever. At least the job is getting done now.
          You don't think?

What state do you live in? Democrats have been against securing our borders and enforcing the immigration laws for years. That's not to say the republicans are not to blame. I'm just saying Bush is not the sole problem.

Comment

You don't think?

What state do you live in? Democrats have been against securing our borders and enforcing the immigration laws for years. That's not to say the republicans are not to blame. I'm just saying Bush is not the sole problem.
            I live in Arkansas. I disagree with you.

Comment

I live in Arkansas. I disagree with you.
              I live in Kalifornia. I disagree with you.

Comment

I live in Kalifornia. I disagree with you.
                Good for you!!

Comment

• The drug cartels at the US Mexican border are changing into paramilitary terrorism with guerilla tactics including car bombs, grenades and roadside IED's.

Mexico: The Next Iraq or Afghanistan?

Mar 24, 2009 [ABC] The Obama administration may have announced its $700 million plan to help the Mexican government fight the powerful drug cartels, but the cartels have already geared up for a battle undergoing a "transition from the gansterism of traditional narco hit men to paramilitary terrorism with guerilla tactics," according to a confidential federal law enforcement assessment obtained by ABC News.

"We have a criminal insurgency by organized crime that may well be a precursor to civil anarchy in part or all of Mexico," warns the assessment.

U.S. officials tell ABC News that President Obama has been told the Mexican cartels have become a criminal insurgency, threatening to turn Mexico into an Iraq or Afghanistan. The powerful drug cartels have increased their use of paramilitary terrorism with guerilla tactics, including car bombs, grenades and roadside IED's.

"There is in fact an insurgency on both sides of the American-Mexican border and it's stepped up a lot in the last several years because the Bush administration ignored it and put its focus on Iraq," said ABC News counterterrorism consultant Richard Clarke.

"We have to do something now along the border, but just doing these little things that the administration announced today won't solve the problem in the long term," said Clarke.

Just last month, 15 to 20 masked gunmen in Durango, Mexico, raided the work site of a U.S. company and stole over 900 pounds of water gel explosives and detonators. ...

Comment

• We don't need more cops battling over jurisdiction or infantry troops, what we need is 6th armed service to act as land based counterpart to the Coast Guard.
                    F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

• This is what the Obama administration is going to do about these drug cartels. (Bold hightlighting is mine).

Obama targets flow of guns, profits from U.S. to Mexico

Mar 25, 2009 [DallasMorningNews] WASHINGTON – The Obama administration promised Tuesday to help Mexico fight its drug war by cutting off the cartels' supply of guns and profits, while resisting the Texas governor's call for a troop surge at the border to ward off spillover violence.

The steps announced by Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano – 450 federal agents shifted to border duty, supplied with dogs trained to detect both drugs and cash, and scanners to check vehicles and railcars heading into Mexico – amount to a subtle but important shift:

The blockade of contraband will now be a two-way effort. The fence begun under the Bush administration will be completed, to deter smugglers of drugs and workers. But the new emphasis will be on disrupting the southbound flow of profits and weapons that fuel the cartels.

At his televised news conference Tuesday, President Barack Obama said that for now, it's more important to disrupt the cartels' access to profits and weapons than to fortify the border with soldiers. ...
                      Last edited by Merlin; 25 Mar 09,, 10:35.

Comment

• Does anyone else find it darkly humorous that the place lawless Mexican drug gangs turn to for guns is...America. Welcome to the bizarro universe.
                        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• For these drug cartels in Mexico, where else is it easier to get arms but the US ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                            Does anyone else find it darkly humorous that the place lawless Mexican drug gangs turn to for guns is...America. Welcome to the bizarro universe.
                            Sir
                            Rumor has it that guns are also being supplied by external parties south of Mexico's boarder.
                            What I really find humorous is this is another promise from Obama. What's his track record on keeping his promises now? How would he be able to cut back on guns being smuggled into Mexico when he can't even stop the drugs being smuggled into the USA? I believe he won't close the boarder as he needs the smuggling to give reason to for new gun laws. New gun laws are going to take a while and even then if they pass Obama needs a different balance on the Supreme Court for them to be upheld. All this take time and the next elections are slowly coming.
                            Grim

Comment

• Originally posted by BenRoethig View Post
                              We don't need more cops battling over jurisdiction or infantry troops, what we need is 6th armed service to act as land based counterpart to the Coast Guard.
                              Border patrol.

Comment

• I heard on the radio today:

If Obama wants to fund some shovel-ready construction project, why not build a big fence at our southern border? That way we can gain physical control of the border and slow the flow of illegal immigrants, drugs, guns, and kidnapping victims.

Now that the federal government is in the banking business, why doesn't the congress tell the banks we own to stop accepting the Metricular Councilar cards as a valid form of ID? Mexican government passes that out to its migrants like candy and we make it easy for them to set up bank accounts to transfer and launder money.

Bush failed to protect our southern border. Let's hope for some change. We can do it. Yes we can.

Let's get serious here.

Comment

Working...
                                X