No announcement yet.

Southern Border Developments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's too much money involved on the Southern side of the border... the narco gangs have completely infiltrated their border patrol equivalent and either paid off, or intimidated the personnel.

With the immense profit motive, Mexican drug mules will continue to play their game of chicken with the U.S. Border Patrol. The illegal workers are much less of a threat, but definitely take advantage of what is essentially chaos on that side of the border, so as to get across undetected.

There are solutions, none of which are palatable. An effective barrier (big wall) could be erected. Drug mules captured fresh from Mexico could be summarily executed as a deterrent. Going further, illegal crossers could be shot on sight. Mines could be planted. None of this will happen.

Or, the Libertarian plan of drug legalization and taxation could remove the profit motive from the narco-terrorists, which would solve part of the problem. That won't happen either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dago View Post
      Now what would happen, if Mexico denied deportations? Essentially, refusing entry? What would happen?
      Catapult?

Comment

• I think after the gun control they are facing many security problems.Because there is no more alternate that people use for their own protection.And also the illegal sales of gun also increase the crime there.

Comment

• Seems more like some bureaucrat messed it up big time. I bet the video they show to the clerks has interesting points in it. :whome:
          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• What I find interesting is that on another thread in this same forum are complaints about Police being to 'gung ho' and military in their response to possible threats and yet now here we have comments criticizing advice suggesting that law enforcement officers should disengage when possible if confronted by armed aggressors. A case of 'make up your minds people?'

'Main Points of the "Active Shooter" training course

Evacuate: If there is an accessible escape path, attempt to evacuate the premises.
            Hide out: If evacuation is not possible, find a place to hide where the active shooter is less likely to find
            you.
            Take action: As a last resort, and only when your life is in imminent danger, attempt to disrupt and/or
            incapacitate the active shooter.
            '

In general terms and assuming that other lives are not at risk (or that the LEO in question is not executing court orders/warrants or other legal instructions etc that oblige him/her to remain in the vicinity) what is wrong with suggesting an officer withdraw from an armed confrontation whenever practicable? In any event the course contents are recommendations not rule of law.

SOP is and should be:

1) withdraw if possible
            2) call for assistance, cordon and contain
            3) When assistance arrives either negotiate or go back in using appropriately trained tactical officers
            4) If the offender has left the vicinity locate and apprehend (the hunt is on)

But as I said people - you can't have it both ways.
            Last edited by Monash; 07 Sep 13,, 02:22.
            If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• Any border patrol/ homeland security jobs should be filled by servicemen. Good luck trying to get a marine to run away from such a fight. This type on tomfoolery only incites the criminal elements to engage in armed confrontations knowing the good guys will tuck and run.
              Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

• I think it has to do with worker compensation laws and work related injuries lawsuit. Bureaucrats are trying to cover their ass by saying, "Hey we explicitly told them not to go into a gunfight, but they didn't listen to us! So we are not responsible for safety!" blah blah blah.

Comment

• What it has to do with is that this is a training aid that covers the entire Dept of Homeland Security. They are not all Border Patrol agents. DHS also has office workers and lots of people that do not have access to a gun nor the training to use one. This is Dept guidance. The Texas union idiots with the Border Patrol should know that , as in the case of DoD, each subordinate unit wold be directed to develop "Site Specific" RoEs.

DoD does the same thing. And if you look at DoD guidance concerning an "Active Shooter" you will see the same steps/recommendations.

Comment

• And if not for Monash's post, this necro would have rated vast amounts of SWSNBN, dead chicks and kittens.

Allen, you join and decide the most relevant thread for you to post on is over a year old. WTF???

Comment

• OK, we got it about you and the kittens, but has the good Col did wrong to you?
                      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• My favorite is HDC (Hot Dead Chick) but to answer your question.

I have nothing but respect for the Col. But, Yeller did a really cool Necro SWSNBN that I try to throw in every once in a while.
                        Any harm to the Col is just "Collateral Damage"

Comment

• Personally, I prefer Ronald the cannibal.

But can the Colonel really be considered collateral damage when the person that created the SWSNBN zombie only did it to annoy the Colonel?

Hmmm....

Comment

• Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                            Personally, I prefer Ronald the cannibal.

But can the Colonel really be considered collateral damage when the person that created the SWSNBN zombie only did it to annoy the Colonel?

Hmmm....
                            You all need to color code any post over a year old so us plebes don't fall into the same trap over and over.
                            Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                              You all need to color code any post over a year old so us plebes don't fall into the same trap over and over.
                              Yeah but we don't read what you plebs write over and over so we don't care.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                                My favorite is HDC (Hot Dead Chick) but to answer your question.

I have nothing but respect for the Col. But, Yeller did a really cool Necro SWSNBN that I try to throw in every once in a while.
                                Any harm to the Col is just "Collateral Damage"
                                Gee, GS, have you ever applied for Baffin Island? A lot of seals would welcome you ... and I mean the flipper kind.

Comment

Working...
                                X