Bush Website Blocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush Website Blocked

Apparently, Bush's official website has been blocked to visitors outside the US.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3958665.stm

I heard about that, but I still have access to it. I guess Canadian (or at least Ontarian) IP addresses are still accepted. Yep. the article said Canadians have reported still being able to view it.

Comment

Not surprising, since according to the DEA, Canada is just an extension of the US.
      The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

We are the same and yet different.
        Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

They don't need to see it.
          No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

What is he trying to hide? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Kipruss
              What is he trying to hide? :)
              Saves bandwidth is my guess. What does his campaign website have to do with foreigners anyway?
              I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
              even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
              He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Given the billions spent on this election I seriously doubt bandwidth has anything to do with it. Why wouldn't foreigners want to know what Bush has in store for them? Given the subject matter of the respective campaigns, it appears that what is going on outside the US is as important as your economy/ health care etc.

Comment

Given the billions spent on this election I seriously doubt bandwidth has anything to do with it.
                  Bandwidth is limited by equipment and availability.
                  Why wouldn't foreigners want to know what Bush has in store for them?
                  It's his campaign site, and they don't get to vote. Read it in the papers...

Comment

So the President of the United States of America's website has not managed to buy enough equipment? He must not have anything important to say. Surely if he loves his troops enough he would ensure they can access his website. Or do they too have to read about it in the "papers"?! Access to information should only be limited if there are very good reasons for doing so. BTW You have no "vote" on criminal sentences in NZ but I would never stop you from commenting on it (or reading posts about it).

Comment

So the President of the United States of America's website has not managed to buy enough equipment? He must not have anything important to say. Surely if he loves his troops enough he would ensure they can access his website. Or do they too have to read about it in the "papers"?! Access to information should only be limited if there are very good reasons for doing so. BTW You have no "vote" on criminal sentences in NZ but I would never stop you from commenting on it (or reading posts about it).
                      The US military is on its own network (satellite), soldiers overseas can access the website.
                      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Thanks for that, Iron.

Comment

BTW You have no "vote" on criminal sentences in NZ but I would never stop you from commenting on it (or reading posts about it).
                          Who is stopping you from commenting?

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                            Who is stopping you from commenting?
                            The man.

Comment

I don't think that equipment is the problem.

It must be badmouthing from abroad.

By the way, Le Figaro has brought an article that Bush is French and is the dimunitive form of Boucher!

President one of us, say French
                              HENRY SAMUEL

Paris, Oct. 30: Knocking John Kerry’s Gallic roots could be a thing of the past for George W. Bush’s camp after a claim that the President, too, is descended from the people his supporters call “cheese-eating surrender monkeys”.

French historians believe that Bush is a corruption of the name Boucher (butcher).

The apparent connection was uncovered by a Le Figaro reporter in a book on French America, Histoire de ’Amerique Française.

The paper suggested that was why the President’s official biographers never traced the family tree beyond 1850.

“Perhaps that is the moment when the Boucher of the old world became the Bush of the new?” Le Figaro said. Americanising French surnames was commonplace in the early 1800s. Desrochers, became Stone and Auclair became ’Clair. Yesterday Le Figaro revelled in its discovery, suggesting that it could tip the election in Kerry’s favour.

“With a name like Boucher, Bush may even lose the vegetarian vote,” it said. Such is the climate of American francophobia after France’s opposition to the Iraq invasion that any mention of the F-word could be damaging.
                              THE DAILY TELEGRAPH

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                              X