Third Presidential Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kipruss
    Iron, Fox is the most biased news agency in the US. They don't even try to ensure their presenters are fair to both sides.
    Are you talking about the news, or the opinion shows? I haven't seen anymore bias on Fox news, than anywhere else. The oipinion shows are a different matter.
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

We get Fox news reports for 5 or 6 hours from about midnight our time. It starts with Steve, Edie and Bryan doing a morning show (where all three are obviously pro-Republican). The next two presenters in the hours that follow are also Republican in their questioning - as in they ask harder questions of the Democratic interviewees than the Republican interviewees.

The most blatant example of Bias was on the eve of the second debate when they kept showing a graphic with a picture of the President on one side and the Senator on the other and Bush looked determined and Kerry looked condesending (picture taken from below him with him looking down at the camera). Even Bryan (of Steveediebryan:) ) said that it was an old picture of the Senator and they would get a new one (but in the hours afterwards they still used the condesending picture). At that point I realised they just didn't care anymore.

Comment

We get Fox news reports for 5 or 6 hours from about midnight our time. It starts with Steve, Edie and Bryan doing a morning show (where all three are obviously pro-Republican). The next two presenters in the hours that follow are also Republican in their questioning - as in they ask harder questions of the Democratic interviewees than the Republican interviewees.
        Those are opinion shows.
        when they kept showing a graphic
        That's it? How does any of that prove they are more biased than anyone else?
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

The graphic was a clear example of bias but as I said in the first part of the post not the whole thing. Opinion shows on fox news are still on fox news. I didn't have to change the channel. You may not feel one sided "journalism" is wrong because you agree with the one sided "journalists".

Comment

Opinion shows on fox news are still on fox news.
            They aren't news. I can watch the 3 stooges right after the news on network TV, does that make the 3 stooges news? There is a difference between the news, and Larry King on CNN too. Opinions aren't news, no matter how much you want them to be. Everything is still biased, except math.

Comment

When the people discussing the news on Fox keep stating they are fair and balanced, yet keep showing by the way they present the issues in the news that they were hired because of their republican beliefs then that is bias.

The Three Stooges comment is a red herring. If you watch the movie and try to take a political view over who should be President then you have been drinking too much! Network TV news magazine shows are a better example of what you should look at for bias, not the movies that follow.

This morning we had their Fox and Friends show where they kept talking about Kerry's remarks on Lesbianism existing from birth. Even one of the three hosts said at one point, "Are we talking about this thing again?". He also said he was playing devil's advocate when he tried to put it in a pro-Kerry point of view (the only one expoused by the hosts and then just for two minutes).

BTW I realise continuing to put up the picture of John Kerry with what looks like a sneer (used again this morning) is "sneered at" by Confed but if you kept seeing a picture of someone looking like that and you believe Fox is fair and balanced it could affect your decision come Nov 2nd.

Comment

you believe Fox is fair and balanced it could affect your decision come Nov 2nd.
                I don't believe anything is unbiased, except math. I don't base my opinions on other people's opinions either though. (I haven't watched the Fox news channel on any regular basis, mostly because there is allways an opinion show on instead of news, just as I don't watch CNN regularly either.)

Comment

Originally posted by Julie
                  I don't mind when I get called arrogant, because that just tells me that they know Bush is losing.
                  Acctually no, you are arrogant. I'm Canadian so I could really care less who wins the election, I just think Bush is less of a flake/fake than kerry.
                  Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Working...
                  X