Rumsfeld adjusts his position on Iraq / al-Qaeda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gio
    Don't really like that term, reading in between the lines. I know where I stand ideologically on my own, so I find news bias comments really annoying. As i don't understand how anyone can think news is totally fair.

The term, "reading between the lines," is the tool I use when listening to the news because I also don't think the news is totally fair. New bias comments hit upon only highlights of an issue they are wanting to portray in their view of the situation, omitting some of the most important counterparts of the entire issue. Reading between the lines simply inserts the intentional ommitted facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Gio
      Don't really like that term, reading in between the lines. I know where I stand ideologically on my own, so I find news bias comments really annoying. As i don't understand how anyone can think news is totally fair.
      I dont sell my brains to the media!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

[QUOTE=Gio]Ann Coulter .... Not that she's a moderate, although i do think she's very attractive. :) QUOTE]

I just saw her on Fox this morning and I thought she looked like a cadaver. Maybe if she was a liberal she might eat something. Like all those hollywood actresses, lol.

Oh yes, her vitriol angered me. Maybe my reaction is the same as a Bush-lovers reaction to Michael Moore.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kipruss]
          Originally posted by Gio
          Ann Coulter .... Not that she's a moderate, although i do think she's very attractive. :) QUOTE]

I just saw her on Fox this morning and I thought she looked like a cadaver. Maybe if she was a liberal she might eat something. Like all those hollywood actresses, lol.

Oh yes, her vitriol angered me. Maybe my reaction is the same as a Bush-lovers reaction to Michael Moore.
          LOL, understandable, have you heard her quotes?
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter
          Scroll to the bottom.

Comment

Thanks for that Ann link, Gio. Is she treated like a buffoon in the US or do some people actually believe she is right?

It is fine for people to shake things up so long as there is a "wink" when they are trying to be funny/satirical. Otherwise she would be scary/insane/a threat. If you read the Leno or Letterman monologues as though they were serious they might be (almost) the same.

In saying that she seemed serious on TV this morning when she spent her 2 minutes insulting Edwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Kipruss
              Thanks for that Ann link, Gio. Is she treated like a buffoon in the US or do some people actually believe she is right?

It is fine for people to shake things up so long as there is a "wink" when they are trying to be funny/satirical. Otherwise she would be scary/insane/a threat. If you read the Leno or Letterman monologues as though they were serious they might be (almost) the same.

In saying that she seemed serious on TV this morning when she spent her 2 minutes insulting Edwards.
              i think you're right, its on the level of how conservatives feel when they watch mike moore. lol i think they're both being serious.

Comment

Working...
              X