Biased Fox News . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biased Fox News . . .

Just as many want to make the NYT some monolithic creature that is worthless, I present this video to challenge those who want to brand Fox News as some monolithic entity in the pocket of Dick Cheney.

"So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Yeah I really wonder why Shephard Smith and Cris Wallace haven't flown the coop. I got a kick out of the effort to pin it on the CIA in that clip.
    Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
    ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

should not what he said be more important then the fact that he used the f-word? Why are Ameicans so sensible about cursing??

Comment

Same channel that airs Jack Bauer and how I'm forced to torture a prisonner because a nuclear device is gonna explode somewhere in a US city in the next 24 Hour..........

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar View Post
          Same channel that airs Jack Bauer and how I'm forced to torture a prisonner because a nuclear device is gonna explode somewhere in a US city in the next 24 Hour..........
          I've never seen 24 broadcast on Fox News . . .
          "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Good job

Regardless of how one feels about torture, I think it was pretty ballsy of Smith. Good for him for sticking to his guns.

I also drop many F-bombs.
            America doesn't deserve its military

-Emma Sky

Comment

Originally posted by osage18 View Post
              I also drop many F-bombs.
              Why does that not suprise me ;)

Comment

That's awesome, but I don't see the major "bias" in Shepard saying torture is wrong. To be it would imply he disagrees with Bush policies.

Comment

Originally posted by Freeloader View Post
                  That's awesome, but I don't see the major "bias" in Shepard saying torture is wrong. To be it would imply he disagrees with Bush policies.
                  That's the point. ;)

Comment

Jack Bauer kiks ass!:));)
                    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Do you think the NY Times is near as biased as Fox News Shek?
                      Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
                      ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Roosveltrepub View Post
                        IMO No doubt.
                        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

NYT has its lot of pompous a_holes but Fox is just plain creepy.

You could compare the tone with that of the Sun. Ever read this newspaper? you feel like you want to wash your hands once you have finished it.

No wonder they belong to the same owner. ;)

Comment

I don't watch/read enough of either to make a judgment. Also, I'm not really concerned with the overarching organization - I focus in on particular personnel. For example, the NYT has had some of the best MSM coverage from Iraq because they have some of the best journalists on that particular beat. Likewise, you'd have to pay me to watch Hannity and Combes - two partisan hacks (Hannity was more extreme in this case) don't cancel out in this case. The world typically isn't black and white, but rather shades of gray.

Comment

NYT...

First, I think it's a good paper, but does have some bias (what paper doesn't?). I do respect many of the journalists and think overall, they aren't too bad of a source for info. But an example of what NYT does was clear in regard to Iraq War reporting;

For example: There were dozens of front page stories on Abu Ghraib/Haditha, and NONE regarding Medal of Honor recipients. Sad, but typical and predicatable.
                              America doesn't deserve its military

-Emma Sky

Comment

Working...
                              X