X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we a democratic nation or not?

Originally posted by TruthSpeak
    Question:

If John Kerry wins, are democrats and liberals going to feel bad when they see Al Qaeda terrorists in Afghanistan and insurgents in Iraq celebrating in the streets??
    Terrorists have been celebrating in the streets for eons, regardless who happens to be in the white house. Here is what I find disconcerting:

We are a democratic nation. Some would say, "No, we are a Repulic!" Either way, the problem is that we went into Iraq with the intent to install democracy in the area. Democracy. I'll say it again...Democracy! As a member of the largest democratic world body - the UN - it is our responsibility to hold up the democratic process of that institution. We didn't. We completely bypassed the democratic process of the UN in order to invade Iraq under the pretence of the spread of democracy (and of course the WMD's which didn't exist) We need to consider why it is that the Republican controlled US Government really went in there when the vast majority of the world believed that it was and is unjustified. When are we going to decide to be a part of the world community rather than the one that thinks we can rule over it with a psuedo-democratic iron fist that holds in it's clutches the threat of economic sanctions for all those who dare opose our intigral democratic crusade.

Comment

Originally posted by Fonnicker
      We need to consider why it is that the Republican controlled US Government really went in there when the vast majority of the world believed that it was and is unjustified.
      congress votes for war, that includes liberals, it also includes kerry.
      Whoever is unjust let him be unjust still
      Whoever is righteous let him be righteous still
      Whoever is filthy let him be filthy still
      Listen to the words long written down
      When the man comes around- Johnny Cash

Comment

Originally posted by Fonnicker
        Democracy. I'll say it again...Democracy
        Most people in the world don't know the difference between a republic and a democracy. The first thing the Iraqi government did was to produce a constitution, thus they could still be called a "constitutional democracy", if that makes you feel better.
        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Working...
        X