• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerrys Biggest Lie Yet

"Vietnam Vet Kerry Told Senate He Saw Military Action in Cambodia
    Posted May 16, 2004
    By J. Michael Waller

Did decorated Vietnam War veteran John F. Kerry see military action in Cambodia? He says nothing about it on the campaign trail, but he stated it as fact on the floor of the U.S. Senate on March 27, 1986. In that speech, Kerry accused President Ronald Reagan of leading the United States into another Vietnam in Central America, accusing the administration of Nixon-like duplicity and saying that he should recognize it because of his Vietnam experience.

Kerry told his colleagues he was on Navy duty in Cambodia at a time when President Richard M. Nixon lied to the public and said that there were no U.S. forces in that country. He even took enemy fire. In his words, "I remember Christmas of 1968 sitting on a gunboat in Cambodia. I remember what it was like to be shot at by Vietnamese and Khmer Rouge and Cambodians, and have the president of the United States telling the American people that I was not there; the troops were not in Cambodia. I have that memory which is seared - seared - in me."

www.insightmag.com

One small problem with Kerrys assertions.

HE NEVER SERVED IN THE CAMBODIAN INVASION.

I bet this is what got Burkett interested in Kerry to begin with.

NOTE: Just to be fair, i must point out that to the best of MY knowledge, and based on the records Kerry has released, he did not serve in Cambodia.

If anyone can provide firm evidence to the contrary, i will retract my claim that Kerry is a NO GOOD DIRTY ROTTEN LIAR.

Originally posted by M21Sniper
    "Vietnam Vet Kerry Told Senate He Saw Military Action in Cambodia
    Posted May 16, 2004
    By J. Michael Waller

Did decorated Vietnam War veteran John F. Kerry see military action in Cambodia? He says nothing about it on the campaign trail, but he stated it as fact on the floor of the U.S. Senate on March 27, 1986. In that speech, Kerry accused President Ronald Reagan of leading the United States into another Vietnam in Central America, accusing the administration of Nixon-like duplicity and saying that he should recognize it because of his Vietnam experience.

Kerry told his colleagues he was on Navy duty in Cambodia at a time when President Richard M. Nixon lied to the public and said that there were no U.S. forces in that country. He even took enemy fire. In his words, "I remember Christmas of 1968 sitting on a gunboat in Cambodia. I remember what it was like to be shot at by Vietnamese and Khmer Rouge and Cambodians, and have the president of the United States telling the American people that I was not there; the troops were not in Cambodia. I have that memory which is seared - seared - in me."

www.insightmag.com

One small problem with Kerrys assertions.

HE NEVER SERVED IN THE CAMBODIAN INVASION.

I bet this is what got Burkett interested in Kerry to begin with.

NOTE: Just to be fair, i must point out that to the best of MY knowledge, and based on the records Kerry has released, he did not serve in Cambodia.

If anyone can provide firm evidence to the contrary, i will retract my claim that Kerry is a NO GOOD DIRTY ROTTEN LIAR.
    He's a liar regardless.

Comment

Yes but this is a lie of a whole different magnitude.

Wait, he lied about commiting attrocities in Vietnam. I suppose that's even worse.

The man is a worthless piece of shit.

Comment

I don't know US law, but i presume that lieing to the Senate carries some penalty? Certainly misleading parliament is a pretty serious offence here.
        at

Comment

It does carry a penalty Trooth, now that you mention it.

If this is indeed true(and i believe that it is), it could be the thread that unravels Kerry once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooth
            I don't know US law, but i presume that lieing to the Senate carries some penalty? Certainly misleading parliament is a pretty serious offence here.
            I don't think it does. I believe that elected officials can't be convict of a crime for anything they say on the floor of the Senate or the HOR. They could of course be expelled.

Comment

You might be surprised. Here you can't be sued for anything you say in parliament. And sometimes parliamentary priviledge (as it is known) is used to get the truth out (as it was intended).

However lying to parliament is a whole different ballgame.
              at

Comment

Originally posted by Trooth
                You might be surprised. Here you can't be sued for anything you say in parliament. And sometimes parliamentary priviledge (as it is known) is used to get the truth out (as it was intended).

However lying to parliament is a whole different ballgame.
                Yeah we got the First Amendment for good or ill.

Comment

Lying to congress is a crime.

Whether or not congress itself is subject to that law, i don't know.

Comment

from http://www.johnkerry.com/communities...s/service.html

February 9, 1968 – USS Gridley departs for a Western Pacific (WESTPAC) deployment, to engage in operations in support of the Vietnam War. Ship spends time in the Gulf of Tonkin off North Vietnam, at Subic Bay in the Philippines and in Wellington, New Zealand

February 10, 1968 – Kerry requests duty in Vietnam He lists his first preference for a position as an officer in charge of a Swift Boat (designated PCF for Patrol Craft Fast), his second as an officer in a patrol boat (designated PBR, for Patrol Boat River) squadron

May 27, 1968 – USS Gridley sets sail for the US

June 6, 1968 – Kerry arrives in Long Beach the day after Senator Robert F. Kennedy is killed in Los Angeles

June 16, 1968 – Kerry promoted to Lieutenant, Junior Grade

July 20, 1968 – Kerry leaves Gridley for specialized training at the Naval Amphibious Base in Coronado, CA in preparation for service as commander of a Swift Boat. These unarmored, but heavily armed, fifty foot aluminum hulled patrol boats depended on speed and agility when engaging the enemy.

November 17, 1968 – Upon completion of his training, Kerry reports for duty to Coastal Squadron 1, Coastal Division 14, Cam Ranh Bay, South Vietnam.

December 1968 through January 1969 – Kerry commands PCF-44

December 2, 1968 – Kerry experiences first intense combat; receives first combat related injury.

December 6, 1968 – Kerry moved to Coastal Division 11 at An Thoi on Phu Quoc Island

December 13, 1968 – Kerry moved to Coastal Division 13, Cam Ranh Bay

December 24, 1968 – Kerry involved in combat during the Christmas Eve truce of 1968. The truce was three minutes old when mortar fire exploded around Lieutenant Kerry and his five-man crew. Reacting swiftly, John Kerry and his crew silenced the machine gun nest

January 22, 1969 – Kerry and other Swift boat commanders travel to Saigon for meeting with Adm. Elmo Zumwalt, Commander Naval Forces Vietnam (COMNAVFORV), and Gen. Creighton Abrams, Commander United States Military Assistance Command Vietnam (COMUSMACV)
                    It doesn't mention Cambodia. However if Kerry was there, but according to Nixon he wasn't, then i suppose his operation could have been based referred to as something else.

Anyone good at the local geography work out if he could have been in Cambodia in '68?
                    at

Comment

LOL! This gets better by the minute!

Take note:

who was president in Xmas 1968?

"Kerry told his colleagues he was on Navy duty in Cambodia at a time when President Richard M. Nixon lied to the public and said that there were no U.S. forces in that country. He even took enemy fire. In his words, "I remember Christmas of 1968 sitting on a gunboat in Cambodia. I remember what it was like to be shot at by Vietnamese and Khmer Rouge and Cambodians, and have the president of the United States telling the American people that I was not there; the troops were not in Cambodia. I have that memory which is seared - seared - in me."

Apparently who was president wasn't seared into his memory.

LBJ was POTUS Xmas 68!!!!!!!!!!

Sure sign of a liar- can't keep the little details straight.

NOTE: Someone else brought this descrepancy to my attention, i had not caught it originally.

Oh, one other thing:

Kam Rhun Bay is nowhere near the cambodian border...

Comment

This is just too messed up, but the mainstream press will never use it, it's against their boy.
                        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                          This is just too messed up, but the mainstream press will never use it, it's against their boy.
                          Fox News broke the news about Bush's drunk driving conviction.
                          "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Irondüke
                            Fox is "Fair and Balanced."

Comment

Originally posted by Irondüke
                              We don't seem to be as bad about that as the left is. BTW, Bush is a jack-a** for driving drunk, but it's cool how far he has come since. ;)
                              No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                              I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                              even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                              He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Working...
                              X