Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion, Rittenhouse - murder or self defence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post

1630? I'm not even on my 4th pot of coffee yet.
    That explains everything. You're wired...

I do understand your point about reasonable doubt. Clearly the only way for me, or anyone else to fully comprehend that, is to actually be part of a jury in just such a case.

Comment

Originally posted by InExile View Post
      I agree with the acquittal on murder, but I am a bit surprised that he was not convicted on lesser charges like reckless endangerment or open carry of firearms? So there are no laws against vigilantes openly carrying weapons in the US; even during a riot situation?
      Legal weapon legally carried. He was not a vigilante. At every step of the way when confronted he retreated. I am sure he wanted too look tough and feel tough, but that obviously ended as soon as he was confronted. He ran like a rabbit. Not required but he did. The mob forced him into putting on his big boy pants and fighting for his life.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post

That explains everything. You're wired...

I do understand your point about reasonable doubt. Clearly the only way for me, or anyone else to fully comprehend that, is to actually be part of a jury in just such a case.
        I used to be like the Colonel as far as coffee is concerned. I even had a 30 cup coffee pot mounted in my Bradley Fighting Vehicle when I was a Rifle Company Commander.

But I have weaned myself off over the years to where I am now 2 cups in the morning and then I switch to water.

I mean I used to be able to taste colors and see sounds!
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post

I used to be like the Colonel as far as coffee is concerned. I even had a 30 cup coffee pot mounted in my Bradley Fighting Vehicle when I was a Rifle Company Commander.

But I have weaned myself off over the years to where I am now 2 cups in the morning and then I switch to water.

Still a pot a day coffee habit then water. Breaking the Mt Dew habit I picked up in the Army has been brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post

I've worked myself down to 4 pots a day Co-workers insisted I not lower it any further

Comment

2 juries up, both hit absolutely correct home runs. In Georgia the jury announced being so scared of the Blackman you have to chase him down and kill him is not self defense.

Comment

Working...
              X