• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
    Burn pits.
    https://www.factcheck.org/2019/12/bi...-brain-cancer/

Comment

No doubt.

But Biden has been convinced, rightly or wrongly, for years, that burn pits in Iraq are responsible for his son's death by cancer.

Now, if Biden had said that Beau had been killed in Ukraine....
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I have many friends and colleagues who served in Iraq & Afghanistan who have a lot of ailments that cannot be explained. Also have many peers who suffer from Gulf War syndrome...respiratory issues, insomnia, etc. It was denied for years. How long did skeptics say Agent Orange was not a real thing.

I believe further research will find the exposure to the burn pits will be found to cause significant issue coming down the road.
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
          I believe further research will find the exposure to the burn pits will be found to cause significant issue coming down the road.
          Breathing air laden with toxic chemicals and particulates can't be good. I don't want to advance any argument contrary to that. How bad the long term effects from how much or how little exposure, I wouldn't know. Regardless exposure, a person can still become gravely ill from something else completely unrelated. A correlation is not proof of causation, but does point to something to investigate further to look for that causation.

Comment

Originally posted by JRT View Post

Breathing air laden with toxic chemicals and particulates can't be good. I don't want to advance any argument contrary to that. How bad the long term effects from how much or how little exposure, I wouldn't know. Regardless exposure, a person can still become gravely ill from something else completely unrelated. A correlation is not proof of causation, but does point to something to investigate further to look for that causation.
            They're working on that.

Airborne Hazards and Burn Pit Exposures

“He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

The connection that is there will be eventually documented. The connection won't be very different from this study of cancer in Texas. They claim to not know the exact causative reasons but the fact that cancer rates get higher, the closer to a refinery, becomes very clear looking at those distribution pictures. The cause? Let me guess. All those volatile aromatic compounds floating in the air?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7691047/

Comment

Originally posted by WSJ_News
                Thursday, 27 June 2024
                Biden Stumbles Over His Words During Debate Against Trump
                (01 min, 04 sec)

President Biden stumbled and appeared to lose his train of thought as he discussed healthcare, while on the debate stage with former President Donald Trump.
                Originally posted by CNN
                Description
                Monday, 01 July 2024
                ‘Not a one-off’: Bernstein’s sources say concerns about Biden have been growing for a year
                (10 min, 58 sec)

Journalist Carl Bernstein discusses President Joe Biden’s performance in the CNN Presidential Debate and addresses growing concerns surrounding his fitness to serve a second term
                This is going to get worse rather than better as more time passes, in the months leading up to the election. In late October, his political handlers will need to put him out in front of the press, maybe in the evening hours. Else many will believe that those handlers are concealing and deceiving, with much the same effect in public opinion.
                Last edited by JRT; 03 Jul 24,, 21:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Forbes
                  Thursday, 11 July 2024
                  Biden Introduces Ukraine's Zelensky
                  As 'President Putin
                  '
                  (01 min, 07 sec)

During remarks about the Ukraine Compact, President Biden introduced Ukrainian President Volodymyr as "President Putin."
                  if Biden was just a bag of doughnuts, he would be well past the "SELL BY" date. But he isn't just a bag of doughnuts, rather he is POTUS and the Commander in Chief, and the nuclear football is rarely more than a few yards distance from his hands, because that level of serious consideration is part of the job. I do not want Trump, Biden or Harris in that position.

Comment

I am now listening to a live Biden speech and press Q/A on a radio broadcast on an NPR affiliate, and heard Biden refer to Kamala Harris as "Vice President Trump".

Comment

I am now listening to a live Biden speech and press Q/A on a radio broadcast on an NPR affiliate, and heard Biden refer to Kamala Harris as "Vice President Trump".
                      I think his family needs to urge him to step down. The optics simply aren't getting better and nor will they, I suspect.

Comment

Bloomberg has posted a video clip of that gaffe, shown in the quoted material below.

Originally posted by Bloomberg
                        Thursday, 11 July 2024
                        Biden refers to Harris as Vice President Trump in press conference
                        (01 min, 54 sec)

During a critical press conference after the NATO Summit, President Joe Biden mistakenly referred to his vice president, Kamala Harris, as Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump during the answer to his first question from reporters. “Look, I wouldn’t have picked Vice President Trump to be vice president,” Biden said. Biden also said he's got more work to do and would beat Trump again.
                        Last edited by JRT; 12 Jul 24,, 01:57.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                          I think his family needs to urge him to step down. The optics simply aren't getting better and nor will they, I suspect.
                          It is too important of a decision for the Democrat Party leadership to defer to Biden's family. Instead, that party leadership should quickly come to a consensus about a very short list of candidates, and give Jill a brief deadline to convince her husband Joe Biden to step aside. And after that action fails, they should inform Joe Biden that he has the option to be replaced on the ticket either voluntarily or involuntarily, and that saving face is his decision, but staying on the ticket is not. Let him take a swing at the fastball. That short list should not include Kamala Harris.

Comment

It is too important of a decision for the Democrat Party leadership to defer to Biden's family. Instead, that party leadership should quickly come to a consensus about a very short list of candidates, and give Jill a brief deadline to convince her husband Joe Biden to step aside. And after that action fails, they should inform Joe Biden that he has the option to be replaced on the ticket either voluntarily or involuntarily, and that saving face is his decision, but staying on the ticket is not. Let him take a swing at the fastball. That short list should not include Kamala Harris.
                            How do they force him out if he doesn't want to go? Only a revolt by the delegates at the convention can achieve such an outcome at this stage, and most delegates are handpicked by the Biden campaign and tend to be regular Democratic party workers or officials. Not exactly the type who would rock the boat or stick out their necks.

Comment

I'm not sure appealing to his wife will work. I see lots of people in my office between 70-95. Some are sharp across the range and some show less. Two were in on the 9th. Anyway I think a wife tends to get protective of their husbands in this condition. Maybe she will see the light and then maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by CNN
                                Friday, 12 July 2024
                                Exclusive: Obama, Pelosi privately expressed concerns over Biden
                                (10 min, 45 sec)

Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi have spoken privately about Joe Biden and the future of his 2024 campaign. Both the former president and ex-speaker expressed concerns about how much harder they think it’s become for the president to beat Donald Trump.

Comment

Working...
                                X