Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And a great title song there aswell.

Comment

I saw Tears of the Sun for the first time. It sucked major balls.
      "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Speaking of Africa ...

"Hotel Rwanda" is excellent. Non-sensational. The UN gets an easy ride 'tho. On the bright side the French and Belgians look like the shits they were. Apart from SABENA. Ironically: "Such A Bloody Experience, Never Again".
        Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

Just curious why people don't like Enemy at the Gates or U-571? I liked both of those movies. I know that U-571 isn't realistic at all, but it was an entertaining submarine movie at least. The only other good sub movie I've seen was The Hunt for Red October. That was a good movie.

But what's the deal with Enemy at the Gates?

I really hated Thin Red Line. It was supposed to be all artsy, but it was just boring and crappy. I also don't like Braveheart. Way too unrealistic.

Comment

Originally posted by barrowaj
            The only other good sub movie I've seen was The Hunt for Red October.
            You should watch Das Boot.
            Das Boot, Wolfgang Petersen's 1981 international sensation, has become the latest motion picture to be remastered for a major re-release. Unlike a certain space trilogy, there aren't any "optically enhanced" scenes, but the 1997 version of Das Boot is significantly different from the first cut. More than sixty minutes of footage from the original German TV mini-series has been seamlessly woven back into the movie's tapestry. Jarring transitions have been smoothed out and character development has been greatly enhanced. The result is a more complete viewing experience. Das Boot, universally recognized as the best submarine movie of all time and one of the most heart-pounding thrillers ever filmed, is even better this time around than it was in its initial release.
            http://movie-reviews.colossus.net/mo.../das_boot.html

The version I saw was dubbed over in English and was so well done you didn't even notice, no contest best sub movie and in the top 10 best war movies ever made.
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
            X