Wasp spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasp spray

Has anyone else heard of this , ? does it work , yella/benny , go squirt some in your eyes then give a sit rep :pop:

Subject: Wasp Spray

I know some of you own GUNS, but this is something to think about...---

If you don't have a gun, here's a more humane way to wreck someone's evil plans for you. Did you know this? I didn't. I never really thought of it before. I guess I can get rid of the baseball bat.

Wasp Spray - A friend who is a receptionist in a church in a high risk area was concerned about someone coming into the office on Monday to rob them when they were counting the collection. She asked the local police department about using pepper spray and they recommended to her that she get a can of wasp spray instead.

The wasp spray, they told her, can shoot up to twenty feet away and is a lot more accurate, while with the pepper spray, they have to get too close to you and could overpower you. The wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital for an antidote. She keeps a can on her desk in the office and it doesn't attract attention from people like a can of pepper spray would. She also keeps one nearby at home for home protection. Thought this was interesting and might be of use.

On the heels of a break in and beating that left an elderly woman in Toledo dead, self defense experts have a tip that could save your life.
    Val Glinka teaches self-defense to students at Sylvania Southview High School. For decades, he's suggested putting a can of wasp and hornet spray near your door or bed.
    Glinka says, "This is better than anything I can teach them."
    Glinka considers it inexpensive, easy to find, and more effective than mace or pepper spray. The cans typically shoot 20 to 30 feet; so if someone tries to break into your home, Glinka says "spray the culprit in the eyes". It's a tip he's given to students for decades.
    It's also one he wants everyone to hear. If you're looking for protection, Glinka says look to the spray. "That's going to give you a chance to call the police; maybe get out." Maybe even save a life.
    Please share this with all the people who are precious to your life
    Did you also know that wasp spray will kill a snake? And a mouse! It will! Good to know, huh? It will also kill a wasp.!!!!

snopes.com: Wasp Spray

However, some have advised against adopting wasp spray as an alternative to pepper spray, primarily for two reasons:

The active ingredients in most wasp sprays are pyrethrins, compounds derived from a species of the chrysanthemum plant which penetrate the nervous systems of insects and kill them. Since wasp sprays are not formulated to be used directly on human beings, some critics maintain, they should not be relied upon as a form of non-lethal self-defense, as their safety and effectiveness for this purpose has not been sufficiently tested, and the toxic effects of pyrethrins could potentially be much more harmful or less effective than expected.

Many jurisdictions specifically prohibit the use of any self-defense sprays other than pepper spray. (Additionally, most spray insecticide containers include warnings stating that "It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.")

The primary benefit claimed in advocating the use of wasp spray over pepper spray is that the former can be effectively deployed from a greater distance ("wasp spray can shoot up to twenty feet away and is a lot more accurate"). However, canisters of pepper spray with an equivalent (or greater) range are commonly available: Some of our pepper spray will produce a concentrated stream of about 8 feet up to 25 feet in distance. Other sprayers produce a cone spray pattern and others models produce a fog that covers a larger area.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Go try it Benny :whome:

Comment

Sure, I'll buy a can and spray it at someone. When you coming to visit?
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Why tankie? The sprays are meant for Yellow Jackets. Hey, YELLAR!

Comment

I asked yella on the 1st post Col , he seems to have done a bunk , still there's always tomorrow ;)

Comment

Speaking of yellow jackets, anybody know anybody in Canada that would pay good money for this?
              Attached Files

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhh there ya are ,, bad post m8 , badddddd post :slap:

Comment

Yeah well, I tried.

I try to save my good posts for good threads and bad posts for bad threads... :shrug:

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                    Yeah well, I tried.

I try to save my good posts for good threads and bad posts for bad threads... :shrug:
                    Well done, mate! Well done! For once, I approve of one of your posts

Comment

Well played Yeller.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                        Speaking of yellow jackets, anybody know anybody in Canada that would pay good money for this?
                        No but I'll make sure to remind your nephews that 10 Feb is the true New Year this year.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                          [B]If you don't have a gun, here's a more humane way to wreck someone's evil plans for you?
                          I was thinking along the lines of sending the person to dr psychiatrist Freud with his sofa if the person is still at the planning phase.

As for self defense, the real experts in my opinion tend to focus on making sure it never gets to the point you need violence.
                          Most of the gun or martial arts "tips" are more about catering to fantasy in my opinion.

Basically you can show anyone in 5 minutes how to rip someone's eyes out barehanded. It doesn't take a person to be in great shape or use a large amont of skill.
                          It also doesn't make that person "safe" or guarantee their survival in a crime, no matter how much he/she would feel like a "bad ass".

Comment

And you don't need a permit to buy insecticide, unlide pepper spray (at least in Massachusetts).

As for long term damage to the sprayee (can't call them a "victim", can you?), if they hadn't attacked, they wouldn't have been sprayed - simple!
                            "Bother", said Poo, chambering another round.

Comment

A can of sarin, or VX, would work really, really well. If you can find one... ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X