No announcement yet.

Wasp spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah well , back to my jif lemon squeezy ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,with ammonia substituted for lemon , even tho lemon works ok ;)

Comment

Are you talking about a pepper spray substiute or your choice of alcoholic beverage?

Comment

Try insect repellant instead... got some of that in my eyes once from a spray can and it gave O.C. a run for its money.
        If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
          Are you talking about a pepper spray substiute or your choice of alcoholic beverage?
          Or his douche
          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

Brake cleaner for automotive use kills wasps and bees as well as wasp spray, it sprays pretty far and used to be cheap - it is carbon tetrachloride, and is non-flamable. Carb cleaner is really mean in the eyes, it is very flammable too - so you could set fire to them if the surroundings allowed. You could warn the assailent - come any closer and I'll set you on fire... Would they be considered weapons, maybe not? Both come with those red straw attachemnts so they shoot far and and accurately (its like a little 6" barrel for the can).;)
            Last edited by USSWisconsin; 24 Jan 13,, 22:44.
            sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
            If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Wasp spray? All these years I have been using a weed burner and toasting the stinging SOB's as they emerge from their nest.
              Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                Wasp spray? All these years I have been using a weed burner and toasting the stinging SOB's as they emerge from their nest.
                As boys, my buddies and I all had Daisy BB guns. We had great sport going "big game hunting" with the target being the biggest, nastiest hornets and wasps we could find.

Since the BB guns had no real accuracy, you had to get very close. And if you just nicked the hornet, his AI radar turns on and looks for motion, and he's off on an attack run. We'd laugh our asses off as a guy would run for his life, being chased by something like this... a cicada killer. These guys are HUGE.

Attached Files

Comment

Chogy,
                  Thats not a wasp or a hornewt....its a freakin' HIND!
                  “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                  Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
                    As boys, my buddies and I all had Daisy BB guns. We had great sport going "big game hunting" with the target being the biggest, nastiest hornets and wasps we could find.

Since the BB guns had no real accuracy, you had to get very close. And if you just nicked the hornet, his AI radar turns on and looks for motion, and he's off on an attack run. We'd laugh our asses off as a guy would run for his life, being chased by something like this... a cicada killer. These guys are HUGE.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31714[/ATTACH]
                    As a boy I honed my shooting skills against grasshoppers. A badminton racket was the weapon of choice against the "flying needles".
                    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                      As a boy I honed my shooting skills against grasshoppers. A badminton racket was the weapon of choice against the "flying needles".
                      I had an electric one in Thailand , essential tool for mozzy killin , zzzzzzzzapp

Comment

Wasp spray for self defense is a bad idea. It is a myth! Stick with the Pepper Spray. Wasp spray is unproven and has never been tested on humans. Wasp Spray will NOT work on those who cannot feel pain i.e. drugs or alcohol. Pepper Spray is an inflammatory which will cause the eyes to slam shut no matter the situation. That’s why over 40,000 law enforcement agencies carry it nationwide and even the smallest canisters will fire 10 ft while the larger canisters will fire 25 to 30 ft. This link explains it well: Wasp spray not just being used on insects - 14 News, WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
                          Brake cleaner for automotive use kills wasps and bees as well as wasp spray, it sprays pretty far and used to be cheap - it is carbon tetrachloride, and is non-flamable. Carb cleaner is really mean in the eyes, it is very flammable too - so you could set fire to them if the surroundings allowed. You could warn the assailent - come any closer and I'll set you on fire... Would they be considered weapons, maybe not? Both come with those red straw attachemnts so they shoot far and and accurately (its like a little 6" barrel for the can).;)
                          I've found that carburetor cleaner works MUCH better. Brake cleaner is fairly volatile, and evaporates after a few seconds, but carburetor cleaner is MUCH more persistant; it takes a LOT longer for carburetor cleaner to evaporate (plus, like you said, it's also flammable!).
                          "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Working...
                          X