• Show
Clear All

Chogy Reply

"Can summon the thunder and the lightning? Check
    Rides chariots of flame and awesome power? Check
    Can obliterate tens of thousands with a flash of light? Check
    Can appear among mere mortals in human form? Check

Based upon these standards, we are indeed... gods!"

Then again, just to bring you Gods back down to earth (literally), a pigeon can ruin your whole day...;)
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
      "Beat me to this."

My quickness is God-like.
      Hope women will disagree :Dancing-Banana:
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Doktor Reply

"Hope women will disagree:Dancing-Banana:"

I'm a benevolent God whom uses his gifts judiciously.
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Then again, just to bring you Gods back down to earth (literally), a pigeon can ruin your whole day...
          Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

S2 reminds us that the King of Battle truly is the all weather 24 hours a day service.

The King puts the Balls where the Queen wants them!
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
              It is not fallacious, it shows how a small vocal minority is seeking to impose their beliefs on everyone else through BS claims of persecution. If you'll note the person who spoke to air force times said they reported it to save lives... Really how is a generic reference to God going to endanger lives? As for the Third Army as it deals with prayer have you read general training letter #5 originally intended for Chaplains but on the orders of Patton sen down to the chain to every commander at the regimental level and above?

Training Letter No. 5 while the "copy" was "hot," touching on some or all of the General's reverie on Prayer, and after staff processing, presented it to General Patton on the next day. The General read it and without change directed that it be circulated not only to the 486 chaplains, but to every organization commander down to and including the regimental level. Three thousand two hundred copies were distributed to every unit in the Third Army over my signature as Third Army Chaplain. Strictly speaking, it was the Army Commander's letter, not mine. Due to the fact that the order came directly from General Patton, distribution was completed on December 11 and 12 in advance of its date line, December 14, 1944. Titled "Training Letter No. 5," with the salutary "Chaplains of the Third Army," the letter continued: "At this stage of the operations I would call upon the chaplains and the men of the Third United States Army to focus their attention on the importance of prayer.
              A letter sent By the 3d Army Chaplain. Not Patton. It was signed by Chaplin O'Neil And of course it would have gone down to the COs at the Regt level, they have Chaplains.

Very very few, there may have been atheists going into the foxhole, but once the red wine is served prayer is common by almost every account. God is usually the last casualty of any war as men blame Him for what they did and turn their backs on Him.
              Thats one of the most arrogant things I've ever read on the WAB. There are, and have been plenty of atheist on the battlefield. And they remained atheist after the shooting started. There have also been soldiers that "lost their religion" in combat.

This idea that They will see the "error of our ways" once they get under pressure and realize those christians were right all along seems like a bit self serving wishful thinking for those that think they have it right.
              Last edited by Gun Grape; 26 Feb 12,, 20:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                This is a persistent issue in the Air Force. It refers to a Christian God. It marginlizes workers who are Jewish, Buddhist, Islamic and believe it or not, Catholic. This has been seen at the Air Force Academy and has been a continuing issue for sometime. Air Force leadership has been called on it numerous times and a group of Jewish officers and cadets have succesfully sued the Air Force over this. It was found that those of Fundamentalist Christian beliefs were fast tracked for assignemnents and promotions over those of other faiths by senior leadership who also ascribed to a Fundamentalist view.
                Like this?

Air Force unit removes 'God' from logo; lawmakers warn of 'dangerous precedent' | syracuse.com

Why would any organization, except the Chaplin Corps think that having "Doing Gods work with other peoples money" as the unit motto is appropriate?

If it was, as they claim, "An inside joke", then at the least it was in bad taste.

Not that "Doing miracles with other peoples money" is much better.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Gun Grape; 26 Feb 12,, 20:25.

Comment

S2 reminds us that the King of Battle truly is the all weather 24 hours a day service.

The King puts the Balls where the Queen wants them!
                  And since this is a religious themed thread, a quote from the Book of Armaments is appropriate.

Genesis of the Field Artillery

In the beginning, there was chaos, and the chaos was the infantry, the queen of battle. However, the queen was alone. And fear was with the infantry, so she cried out unto the Lord saying, "Lord save me for I am afraid!"

And the Lord heard her grunts and set some of the infantry on beasts of burden, and these he called the cavalry, and the cavalry became armor. And when the Lord saw what he had done, he laughed saying, "Well, you can't win them all!"

As time passed, the infantry and the armor again cried out unto the Lord saying, "Lord save us, for we are afraid." The Lord heard their cries and decided to end their weepings.

The Lord said unto them, "I shall send unto you a race of men noble in heart and spirit." And the Lord created the Field Artillery, and named them the King of Battle.

And the Lord said unto the infantry and armor, "When it is dark, the King shall light your way. And when you need smoke, there shall be smoke, and when you need it to rain down death and destruction upon the enemy, you shall have it."

And the Lord gave the King big guns and big bullets. And the infantry and armor were jealous, for they had not. And the Lord gave the artillery rockets and missiles and nukes. And when the infantry and armor saw this, they fell to their knees in awesome wonder, saying surely the Lord is on the side of the artillery, the King of Battle.

And the Lord said, "CHECK!"

And abideth infantry, armor and artillery, but the greatest of these is the artillery.

Comment

And the Lord heard her grunts and set some of the infantry on beasts of burden, and these he called the cavalry, and the cavalry became armor. And when the Lord saw what he had done, he laughed saying, "Well, you can't win them all!"
                    Izzat so?!

And the Lord gave the King big guns and big bullets. And the infantry and armor were jealous, for they had not.
                    105mm Howitzers and 105mm tank main guns.

We used to have a saying in the Armored corps: "The Artillery are like a pair of balls. They hang around and join in the fun, but they don't really do anything"
                    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

bigross86 Reply

"We used to have a saying in the Armored corps: "The Artillery are like a pair of balls. They hang around and join in the fun, but they don't really do anything"

Too often children mock that which lies beyond their understanding. It's easily seen on playgrounds everywhere.

Then they mature...and gain wisdom.;)

The King Of Battle has, and remains the undisputed primary killer on the battlefield today. Nothing brought to the battle by infantry or armor shall likely change that anytime soon.

So sayeth the Lord.

Comment

Hey, I'm plenty glad for artillery, don't get me wrong (until they start dropping stuff near us, true story). I also think inter-service rivalry is healthy as long as it doesn't get out of bounds. It promotes and encourages excellence

Comment

Gunners....don't leave home without them!

And Benny, when you bring a 105MM tank gun to the fight the Gunners bring 155MM in a converged sheaf.

Don't screw with them!
                          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                          Mark Twain

Comment

And Benny, when you bring a 105MM tank gun to the fight the Gunners bring 155MM in a converged sheaf.

Don't screw with them!

Nothing more to say really

Regards

Arty
                            "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Comment

Don't screw with them!
                              I'm already up to 120mm, I was just pointing out the inconsistencies with the statement that the artillery's guns were always bigger than the tanks' guns.

Comment

bigross86 Reply

"I was just pointing out the inconsistencies with the statement that the artillery's guns were always bigger than the tanks' guns."

Huh?

We gave up 240mm, 203mm and 175mm because it just wasn't fair. Tell me when tank guns were larger, if you don't mind?

Comment

Working...
                                X