Dead Taliban mutilated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Taliban mutilated

"British soldier allegedly cuts fingers off dead Taliban" ?????

Bloody disgraceful.

Should have done it while they were alive :whome:

Agreed - and why use a knife? A cold chisel is the appropriate tool...
    sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
    If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Don't be silly Mr. Wisconsin, everyone knows a dull soup spoon in the best tool for the job!

Comment

We used to do it to the French long-bowmen a few years ago. Maybe this soldier had a historical flash-back. Seriously, he was sent back to the UK and is now under investigation by the Military Police.

Comment

Wow.

Not something I would do if I were to be in his position.

But not something he should get in trouble over either.

But in the PC world we live in, they'll probably throw the book at him.

Comment

Seriously, not a good idea. Plays into our enemies hands and will be used against our forces.

As I have argued for several years, we lost a lot of our moral standing with AG in Iraq.

These actions will just make life harder on other soldiers. Taliban may fight harder or not decide to lay down arms if he believes he will be mutilated in death.

Not to mention it is a violation of Articles 15 & 16 of the Geneva & Hague accords which I believe Her Majesty's government is a signatory.
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post

Not to mention it is a violation of Articles 15 & 16 of the Geneva & Hague accords which I believe Her Majesty's government is a signatory.
              Indeed HMG is a signatory. However when a soldier 'flips' as I'm sure some do, then articles of war hold no meaning to them. I'm not sure if this soldier was a regular serviceman or a Territorial but he was removed from theatre and returned to the UK where there was an investigation. It hasn't made main news and as it happened some months ago I wonder if the investigation has closed. I will try to find more on this for you.

Comment

It goes on but shouldn't. There's really not much point to it. The damn things will start to stink after a while. Ears, fingers, scalps, wankers...whatever it is you're into. Better just to take a trophy pic. If you really want to be creative, do what we used to do...prop him up and put a lit ciggy in his mouth or a can of Pepsi in his hand. Then take a pic. It's all about the memories.
                Last edited by Red Seven; 09 Aug 11,, 01:39.

Comment

We've got no business mutilating the enemy. Tells me the guy's turned them into some kind of bogey-man and looks to diminish their mojo by taking something from them.

Kill them and move on. Don't mean nuthin'.
                  "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                  "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
                    We've got no business mutilating the enemy. Tells me the guy's turned them into some kind of bogey-man and looks to diminish their mojo by taking something from them.

Kill them and move on. Don't mean nuthin'.
                    Also worries me where the guy's head is at. Does the British Army want someone who is thinking like this dealing with Afghan civvies?
                    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                      Also worries me where the guy's head is at. Does the British Army want someone who is thinking like this dealing with Afghan civvies?
                      I hope not. I think this guy will be out of the Army by now or very soon after any disciplinary action.

Comment

Not sure what the young man had in mind....alas...
                        Soldier has his limits.
                        sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                          I hope not. I think this guy will be out of the Army by now or very soon after any disciplinary action.
                          I agree.
                          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                            Indeed HMG is a signatory. However when a soldier 'flips' as I'm sure some do, then articles of war hold no meaning to them. I'm not sure if this soldier was a regular serviceman or a Territorial but he was removed from theatre and returned to the UK where there was an investigation. It hasn't made main news and as it happened some months ago I wonder if the investigation has closed. I will try to find more on this for you.
                            Apparently he was a member of the Argyle And S/Highlanders

The Ministry of Defence is investigating reports that a soldier kept the fingers of dead Taliban insurgents as "souvenirs".
                            It is believed the soldier is a member of the Argyle and Sutherland Highlanders, the 5th Battalion, The Royal Regiment of Scotland.
                            The Regiment last served in Afghanistan between September 2010 and April of this year.
                            They were based in Helmand Province, where they were heavily involved with training local police.
                            The allegations are now being examined by the MoD's special investigations branch.
                            A spokesman said: "This is a very serious allegation and it would be wrong for us to comment. An investigation is ongoing."
                            In July 2010 a Ghurka soldier was ordered back to the UK after he cut off the head of a dead Taliban commander.
                            The incident happened after his unit was told they must prove they had killed the right man.

Comment

Younger soldiers seem to be more fascinated by death. One hopes that by your third or forth firefight you've reached that level of professional maturity where EKIAs cease to be interesting--like yesterday's garbage--and you become more focused on killing the ones who aren't already dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X