SAS Cpl Charged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
    fighting an enemy with this sort of mentality.

Morale is as low as a snakes belly, recruitment is down, hundreds of Officers and senior ranks are applying for redundancy, the Navy have no ships, the Air Force no planes but the Government only see rainbows and bluebirds. The lunatics are in charge of the asylum again

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
      Morale is as low as a snakes belly, recruitment is down, hundreds of Officers and senior ranks are applying for redundancy, the Navy have no ships, the Air Force no planes but the Government only see rainbows and bluebirds. The lunatics are in charge of the asylum again
      Reminds me of the goon show :Dancing-Banana::Dancing-Banana::Dancing-Banana:

Comment

Yet we handing money out to India and China! It IS the Goon show, or perhaps our own version of The Muppets given that we are expected to be friendly with the Frogs. I have asked my MP three times the fate of HMS Prince of Wales and written to Dr Fox twice; nobody will give me a straight answer so you can be sure the second carrier is sold. The lack of long term thinking is at best a gamble; I suspect we shall start giving foreign aid to Argentina soon. At worst it is the end of our permanent seat at the UN Security Council and possibly effective NATO operations. Monsieur Cameron acts as if he were playing risk. Paying the bankers is all that seems to matter so they can continue making short term profits. Bankrupt companies and countries must be alowed to go to the wall so that long term we can have real and sustainable growth. This should not rule out long term planning in military affairs - projects laid down now would cost little but reap rewards in 5-10yrs when the worst of the economic problems are sorted. Perhaps he expects the 'big society' to privately fund our trained military who want out? (I did bid £1 for HMS Ark Royal). Time to turn off the lights.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
          I have asked my MP three times the fate of HMS Prince of Wales and written to Dr Fox twice
          Well it seems that the work on the said carrier(s) has started. It has said they will be in operation in 2019..yer right!!;)

Weapon and Technology: Construction of HMS Prince of Wales aircraft carrier begins

Comment

By that time Scotland might go independent. Will it still be HMS Prince only God knows. Luckily you wont need navy to intervene in Scotland if something goes bad ;)
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

"From Thomas Harding, the Telegraph: Admiral Pierre-Francois Forissier also disclosed that the French navy was amazed by the swath of cuts last year that severely reduced the Royal Navy with the axing of aircraft carriers and Harrier jump jets alongside warships.

“From a French standpoint, I have to say that we were really stunned because the Royal Navy has always been a model for us and it is now faced with a very difficult situation,” he said.

He also highlighted the shortcomings of the weakened British fleet, suggesting that the Libya campaign could have been “more efficient” if there had been a second aircraft carrier in the Mediterranean. At present there is only the Charles de Gaulle. Its aircraft are responsible for more than a quarter of all attacks but soon it will need to dock for maintenance. . . .

“When you only have one carrier that means you don’t have permanent availability because of maintenance issues and, of course, it would be better to have two carriers. . . ."

While France only has one carrier, it is possible that the second of two 60,000-ton British carriers being built could be shared by the two countries to be used only for training in a move that would save millions for both nations. Speaking at the French navy’s headquarters in Paris, Adml Forissier said: “If we have the necessary budget it would be useful to each have a national carrier then have an extra carrier — not as expensive and for training uses — for UK and French use.

“It would be useful to have a carrier in Europe for training pilots, otherwise we would need two carriers on both sides and I do not think this is economically feasible.”
              "

French admiral suggests sharing aircraft carrier with Britain | Atlantic Council

I smell garlic eaters chuckling. PS Apologies for above rant but these things really annoy me so much so that I am considering standing for Parliament at the next election. The plot has been lost.

Comment

OOE has it right. Because of those asshats in the 800th MP Brigade the Allies have to be moree clean than Caesar's wife.

I argued long and hard about that over on Strategy Page before joining the WAB that Abu Ghraib was going to have long term effects in our war efforts...and this is the fruit borne of lousy leadership years ago and political meddling in assigning the wrong people for a mission (yeah, Rumsfeld, I blaming you and that sychophant of a CJCS you had)!

F-ing shame.

And to his defense, LTC Phillips is doing his job. He probably hates it but it is a job which has to be accomplished.
                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                Mark Twain

Comment

F-ing shame.

And to his defense, LTC Phillips is doing his job. He probably hates it but it is a job which has to be accomplished.[/QUOTE]

SOZ A/R B/S Col Phillips can reflect the tosser , job my arse it should never have been in the public gaze , like that fkin arsewipe cameron said , you do the fight i'll do the talk ...yea right he's another 24 carrat c#nt , hry cameron , fancy a chat
                  Last edited by tankie; 22 Jun 11,, 21:13.

Comment

"Give us the tools and we'll do the job"

Comment

You have the tools, but you also have one arm tied behind your back and one leg is immobilized. Enjoy
                      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                        And to his defense, LTC Phillips is doing his job. He probably hates it but it is a job which has to be accomplished.
                        Yes he is doing his job but when he has been directed by a Judge that no victim will recall the incident, the sentence will be absolutely minimum, the cost to the public purse is astronomical and not in the public interest then it is time to except that direction. Alas Col. Phillips wants his pound of flesh and a place in the limelight club.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                          You have the tools, but you also have one arm tied behind your back and one leg is immobilized. Enjoy
                          And if you have to cross the river you have to swim. Sad.
                          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I believe it used to be called giving aid and comfort to the enemy - but now they can fill both roles on the same side. An escaping prisoner gets punched, lets put the guy fighting for his country on trial... The taliban is winning without even doing anything.
                            sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                            If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                              OOE has it right. Because of those asshats in the 800th MP Brigade the Allies have to be moree clean than Caesar's wife.

I argued long and hard about that over on Strategy Page before joining the WAB that Abu Ghraib was going to have long term effects in our war efforts...and this is the fruit borne of lousy leadership years ago and political meddling in assigning the wrong people for a mission (yeah, Rumsfeld, I blaming you and that sychophant of a CJCS you had)!

F-ing shame.

I agree Rummy's a smarmy SOB but I'm not so sure this attitude started with Abu Gharib. It's been the media's mission (and the Left's) to sympathize with our poor, downtrodden enemies at the expense of our own troops for many, many years. LTC Phillips may have a job to do, but the job doesn't require him to make the unwarranted assumption that the majority of the public wants justice for "detainees" that get smacked. Where the hell did he come up with that? Is he pandering to the media as I suspect, lining himself up for a gig in private practice? He sounds like just another rear-in-the-gear, ass-in-the-back, lawyer officer with an embarrassing lack of knowledge about the combat environment.

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
                                I believe it used to be called giving aid and comfort to the enemy - but now they can fill both roles on the same side. An escaping prisoner gets punched, lets put the guy fighting for his country on trial... The taliban is winning without even doing anything.
                                They must be pissin their pants laughing

Comment

Working...
                                X