X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dave lukins
    replied
    Originally posted by Kernow View Post
    We don't do we, no aircraft carriers anymore.
    They are lining up to be decommissioned, almost lined up like an abattoir. Sad end to once proud ships.

Leave a comment:

• tankie
    replied
    Originally posted by Kernow View Post
    This latest action in Libya C/A shows we dont need en , the time will come tho , like the falklands ?? that we will , maybe the Frogs can lend us one

Leave a comment:

• Kernow
    replied
    Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
    RAF 'to sack one in four new pilots' as MoD writes off 300m spent on training. Another load of expensive experience dumped. Thank God we have a Navy...Doh!!!

Leave a comment:

• Triple C
    replied
    Hopefully, that's because they decided not to sack soldiers on Facebook.

Leave a comment:

• tomkent45
    replied
    UK is gone by now, mental. I read that they are planning to privatize POLICE. sad sad

Leave a comment:

• tankie
    replied
    Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
    Then there was Hendo the real model .." 40 parnd a week.............can buy lots and lots of smarties for 40 parnd a week".............. thats right they never did choose A or C for the posters did they
    Henderson .

Leave a comment:

• astralis
    replied
    well, whomever did it will probably also be volunteered to sacrifice for his country and find another job...

Leave a comment:

• T_igger_cs_30
    replied
    They needed at least two professional soldiers in the Sqn. Not to grab all the glory, I have to admit that Wayne was a model soldier...it's just a pity he wasn't a real one
    Then there was Hendo the real model .." 40 parnd a week.............can buy lots and lots of smarties for 40 parnd a week".............. thats right they never did choose A or C for the posters did they

Leave a comment:

• dave lukins
    replied
    Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
    Oh not really BR A and C sqn always aspired to emulate the mighty B sqn............ Both Eric and Dave did eventually see the light and join B......... Me however.... lifetime Bsqn chap
    They needed at least two professional soldiers in the Sqn. Not to grab all the glory, I have to admit that Wayne was a model soldier...it's just a pity he wasn't a real one

Leave a comment:

• T_igger_cs_30
    replied
    Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
    Some professional rivalry there, perhaps?

It makes sense, though, our Battalion had 3 companies: A for trainin/reserves, B company was the one I was in (and was awesome, by the way) and C company sucked balls
    Oh not really BR A and C sqn always aspired to emulate the mighty B sqn............ Both Eric and Dave did eventually see the light and join B......... Me however.... lifetime Bsqn chap

Leave a comment:

• bigross86
    replied
    We had a training Brigade (460th Armored) that had 9 training Company's attached to it from their original Brigades (7th Armored, 188th Armored, 401st Armored, 3 from each Brigade, one from each Battalion). During time of war the 460th would become another active Brigade, with some of the training Company's TOE staying with the 460th and some of it returning to the original Battalions for reservist Tankers and Mech Infantry to use.

In essence, if you managed to follow all that, every Battalion has 2 permanent active duty Company's and one that is on loan to the 460th. Out of the two Company's in my Battalion (46th/401st Armored), there was mine (B) and there was the Crap Company

Leave a comment:

• dave lukins
    replied
    Originally posted by bigross86 View Post

It makes sense, though, our Battalion had 3 companies: A for trainin/reserves, B company was the one I was in (and was awesome, by the way) and C company sucked balls
    The same with us. "A" Sqn was used to show the rest on how it was done in the highest professional way, most fell by the wayside and as a consummate professional I will never mention the Squadrons that failed to make the grade Because that's just the good guy I am

Leave a comment:

• bigross86
    replied
    Amen, Tankie!

Leave a comment:

• tankie
    replied
    'C'Sqn ...not surprised then............Only joking. Willie is a good lad and I'm sure he will do well in civvie street when the Army kick him out. There is plenty of room under the bridges of London, at least until they kick them out before the Olympics start. Failing that there is of course plenty of places for the feral squaddie in Her Majesties Hotels..Wandsworth..Brixton and Belmarch and not forgetting of course for the Ladies there is always Holloway. Lovely this time of year so I'm told. Now if he'd have been 'A' Sqn...that's another story.

B

Leave a comment:

• bigross86
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X