Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soldiers sacked by email

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Amen, Tankie!
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

    Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
      Some professional rivalry there, perhaps?

      It makes sense, though, our Battalion had 3 companies: A for trainin/reserves, B company was the one I was in (and was awesome, by the way) and C company sucked balls
      The same with us. "A" Sqn was used to show the rest on how it was done in the highest professional way, most fell by the wayside and as a consummate professional I will never mention the Squadrons that failed to make the grade Because that's just the good guy I am

      Comment


      • #33
        We had a training Brigade (460th Armored) that had 9 training Company's attached to it from their original Brigades (7th Armored, 188th Armored, 401st Armored, 3 from each Brigade, one from each Battalion). During time of war the 460th would become another active Brigade, with some of the training Company's TOE staying with the 460th and some of it returning to the original Battalions for reservist Tankers and Mech Infantry to use.

        In essence, if you managed to follow all that, every Battalion has 2 permanent active duty Company's and one that is on loan to the 460th. Out of the two Company's in my Battalion (46th/401st Armored), there was mine (B) and there was the Crap Company
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

        Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
          Some professional rivalry there, perhaps?

          It makes sense, though, our Battalion had 3 companies: A for trainin/reserves, B company was the one I was in (and was awesome, by the way) and C company sucked balls
          Oh not really BR A and C sqn always aspired to emulate the mighty B sqn............ Both Eric and Dave did eventually see the light and join B......... Me however.... lifetime Bsqn chap
          sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

          Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
            Oh not really BR A and C sqn always aspired to emulate the mighty B sqn............ Both Eric and Dave did eventually see the light and join B......... Me however.... lifetime Bsqn chap
            They needed at least two professional soldiers in the Sqn. Not to grab all the glory, I have to admit that Wayne was a model soldier...it's just a pity he wasn't a real one

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
              They needed at least two professional soldiers in the Sqn. Not to grab all the glory, I have to admit that Wayne was a model soldier...it's just a pity he wasn't a real one
              Then there was Hendo the real model .." 40 parnd a week.............can buy lots and lots of smarties for 40 parnd a week".............. thats right they never did choose A or C for the posters did they
              sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

              Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

              Comment


              • #37
                well, whomever did it will probably also be volunteered to sacrifice for his country and find another job...
                There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
                  Then there was Hendo the real model .." 40 parnd a week.............can buy lots and lots of smarties for 40 parnd a week".............. thats right they never did choose A or C for the posters did they
                  Henderson .

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    UK is gone by now, mental. I read that they are planning to privatize POLICE. sad sad
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Hopefully, that's because they decided not to sack soldiers on Facebook.
                      All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
                      -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                        RAF 'to sack one in four new pilots' as MoD writes off 300m spent on training. Another load of expensive experience dumped. Thank God we have a Navy...Doh!!!
                        We don't do we, no aircraft carriers anymore.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Kernow View Post
                          We don't do we, no aircraft carriers anymore.
                          This latest action in Libya C/A shows we dont need en , the time will come tho , like the falklands ?? that we will , maybe the Frogs can lend us one

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Kernow View Post
                            We don't do we, no aircraft carriers anymore.
                            They are lining up to be decommissioned, almost lined up like an abattoir. Sad end to once proud ships.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X