Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry to any former Rhodesian Army personal but ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Seven
    replied
    Originally posted by JCT View Post
    The SEALS have their UDT swim shorts that they seem to like to walk around in quite a bit.
    It's in the manual:

1. Check hair in mirror.
    2. Adjust Oakleys.
    3. Strut around in German short-shorts and flex biceps prior to dive.

Leave a comment:

• JCT
    replied
    The SEALS have their UDT swim shorts that they seem to like to walk around in quite a bit.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Skywatcher
    replied
    It's not helped by the hat looking too small on the guy in the foreground.

Leave a comment:

• Blue
    replied
    Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
    Back in the early 80s we all wore shorts like that. OP shorts, Izod shirts and K-Swiss shoes. Yeah, I've got pictures.
    Well??..........

Leave a comment:

• sappersgt
    replied
    Back in the early 80s we all wore shorts like that. OP shorts, Izod shirts and K-Swiss shoes. Yeah, I've got pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Red Seven
    replied
    We've adopted much TTP from the Sealous Scouts over the years...except the shorts.

Leave a comment:

• SLASH
    replied
    Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
    Dude, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a stubby a beer?
    yes. a smaller bottle of beer

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    I google to see what you're talking about ... and I am extremely sorry I did that.
    Not as sorry as those of us who lived through those decades when stubbies were in fashion. You recieved but a glimpse of the potential horror show that unfolded as soon as the winter months receded. Throw a pair on a hideously overweight, beer guzzling man in the aforementioned thongs, wife beater (blue singlet, or even worse, no top at all!!!) & a small terrytowling had that barely kept the sun off anything & you have the true stuff of nightmares. Now we drink to forget.

Leave a comment:

• Aussiegunner
    replied
    Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
    Going back to the original thread and leaving the behind the antipodean fashion show......

I always thought shorts were a very bad idea for any combat uniform. You have no protection for your legs from brush, thorns, hitting the gorund, etc. Cotton provides a least some kind of barrier from flash burns.

I believe the British Army discovered in North Africa that shorts were a very bad idea.

Of course, the US Army was stupid and waited to the late 1950s to adopt shorts for awhile.

[ATTACH]22900[/ATTACH]
    Shorts like that are so much better for navies on so many levels ...

Leave a comment:

• Albany Rifles
    replied
    Going back to the original thread and leaving the behind the antipodean fashion show......

I always thought shorts were a very bad idea for any combat uniform. You have no protection for your legs from brush, thorns, hitting the gorund, etc. Cotton provides a least some kind of barrier from flash burns.

I believe the British Army discovered in North Africa that shorts were a very bad idea.

Of course, the US Army was stupid and waited to the late 1950s to adopt shorts for awhile.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Aussiegunner View Post
    Stubbies are ok when worn with a wife beater and thongs, never at any other time.

PS, I'm from NZ remember and I remember a pretty enthusiastic uptake of the shorts in the late 70's and early 80's. I think the ditty went:

"Stubbies supporters are a whole lot of players, Stubbies supporters a number of bums, Stubbies supporters the best dressing rooms, and a number of restaurants"....

Something like that anyway, I was only about 8 at the time :-).
    I google to see what you're talking about ... and I am extremely sorry I did that.

Leave a comment:

• Aussiegunner
    replied
    I'll stick with my version, if that's okay by you. Unless they're on a really hot girl, of course...
    On a hot girl they are called mumblers, cause you can see the lips move but you can't hear them speak...

Anyway, I'll be relying on you sticking with your version if you ever come back to Oz and stop by for a beer :-).

Leave a comment:

• bigross86
    replied
    I'll stick with my version, if that's okay by you. Unless they're on a really hot girl, of course...

Leave a comment:

• Aussiegunner
    replied
    That is a later use (early to mid 80's I think) of the word, previously it referred to a brand of very short shorts.

Leave a comment:

• bigross86
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X