Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon

So what (in)famous person can you link yourself to?

My closest linkage is only two degrees of separation from the former Saddam Hussein :))
    Attached Files
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Originally posted by Shek View Post
    So what (in)famous person can you link yourself to?

My closest linkage is only two degrees of separation from the former Saddam Hussein :))
    I went to kindergarten through 8th grade with Earl (Bookie) Badham, Mary Badham's 1st cousin. Behold my works, O ye mighty, & despair.

Prof

Comment

If JAD gets on to this thread we are all going to look boring.

Through one friend of mine I can get to the Pope, The Australian PM & the recent opposition leader. I once pirated a DVD of a Lou Reed documentary for him & copies ended up with the Treasurer & Premier of Queensland.
      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Two degrees of seperation from Elvis. Much like the situation with Shek but I don't have photos.
        Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Not sure if i am doing this right:

my great-great-great-grandparents owned the the brewery and related pub in Kassel were the Brother Grimms frequented (they pretty much lived in there for a few years) and collected the stories and fairy tales of the locals for years.

So I guess that means that my family is partly responsible for Disney & co....uh..yeah sorry about that. Won't happen again.

Comment

Almost went out with Nathaniel Crosby, son of Bing Crosby. While working in a family owned pizza joint in Tequesta FL, I was at the bar/counter washing glasses and waiting on customers. A couple of young men came in and sat at the bar. We started talking and Nathaniel asked me if I wanted to go to a local bar/club after I got off work. I graciously declined and then they left. It didn't take much time for the other waitresses to come running over asking if I knew who I was talking to. Of course the answer was no. Oh well, didn't know who he was so I guess I was better off not going!

I also met Bert Reynolds at the donut shop I worked at and Sally Fields at a local grocery store. Whoop-di-do-da!
            “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
            "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
            sigpic

Comment

I got to "meet" Walter Payton at an auto show and ask him a question during a Q&A session.

And while I don't have the pictures, I'm just one degree away from CJSC Admiral Mike Mullen. :)
              Supporting or defending Donald Trump is such an unforgivable moral failing that it calls every bit of your judgement and character into question. Nothing about you should be trusted if you can look at this man and find redeemable value

Comment

Now mind you this is my Aunts story.
                When I was a wee lad, a month or so old, I was sent in to the Dr for a check up. I got handed around and ended up in Mclean Stevenson's lap where I promptly crapped my diaper. His dad was a Dr at the hospital. I do not think McLean remembered me and if I had it I would keep that picture hidden for the rest of my life.
                Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

My mother used to bump into Chiang Ching Kuo when she was a kid because my maternal grandfather was a KMT official some of capacity. She probably might have met Chiang Kai Shek one time or another. From there on, you can six degrees to any one of significance in World War II, I guess.

Comment

My grandfather owned the largest privately held garbage collection, disposal company in Northern Ohio (scandalous Mafia connections and all), was a substantial Republican donor and somewhat personal acquaintance of George H. W. Bush.

~String

Comment

My boss' father was in the Chilean army & a member of Pinochet's Presidential guard. His maternal grandfather was apparently a General during the 1973 coup - so I get to Pinochet in 3 (2 if I ever meet his folks).
                      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Just recalled.....I stayed at the home of a fella who shook hands with Gerald Ford. He had the photo in his office and I would look at it everytime I was there. Quite impressive mind you.
                        Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                          Just recalled.....I stayed at the home of a fella who shook hands with Gerald Ford. He had the photo in his office and I would look at it everytime I was there. Quite impressive mind you.
                          I got to meet and shake hands with Piet Botha. I was just a "little" intimidated.

Way back before she was really famous I had lunch with Angelina Jolie (me and eight other people). In New Orleans, she had just finished what I think was her first movie. She drove up in a convertible with vanity plates that said "JOLIE". A very nice person, I wonder if the fame and fortune has changed her.
                          Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                          (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Shook hands with then-Senator Obama when he made his trip to East Africa. He swung by Djibouti and I had the (brief) opportunity to meet him.

U.S. Sen. Barack Obama, right, visiting with members of Marine Corps' 4th Light-Armoured Reconnaisance Battalion at Camp Lemonier in Djibouti., Friday, Sept. 1, 2006. Camp Lemonier serves an anti-terrorism base in the strategic Horn of Africa region where more than 1,700 servicemen from America's four military branches work on regional maritime security and humanitarian projects throughout the sub region. (AP Photo/Les Neuhaus)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Soupy Sales, Billy Waugh. Each a legend in his own field.

Comment

Working...
                              X