Former Stratpage Alumni Thread Redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Stratpage Alumni Thread Redux

Having been the primary cause for the death of the last 'Stratpage Alumni thread' I hope the mods will permit me to make amends by starting a new one absent the personal animus that drove many of us from SP in the first place.

I think there is still some life in this & I hope others will continue to contribute.

I'll kick it off with my last sane post - a tribute to the ongoing fantasy world of Sgt. Terrance Jones, aka 'Braddock'

It appears that the scale of the delusion is growing. Check out this website & especially the bio page, talk about your fantasy universe. I particularly like the graphic with 3 people who look nothing like Sgt. Jones.

War, Security, Policy, Intelligence, | Washington, DC

One of the links is a 'sample' paper on Sun Tzu. Seemed like tripe to me, but the real laughs are the references. These are all of them.

Quote:
    God, The Holy Bible

Sun Tzu, “The Art of War”

Jones, Terrance L. “This is War,” Strategic Studies Group 2009
    Nice to see God getting his due, but it seems a trifle light on reference material to me. Hard to avoid the conclusion that the author has an inflated view of his place in the literary canon.

He also has his own videos on youtube. Apparently his ideas are going to help the US win in Afghanistan.

There is more, MUCH more, but I can't bring myself to go any further. I suspect that trained military folk such as like wot we have hereabouts would be the best judges of its value, but it reads like overwritten tripe to me.
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C
Working...
X