Happy Veterans Day VETS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Veterans Day VETS!

HAPPY VETERANS DAY TO OUR VETS, WE AND THE WORLD OWE YOU SO MUCH!:)
    Attached Files
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Look at this for a tribute.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | South Yorkshire | Tattoo tribute to Afghan war dead

Comment

great site for veterans trying to connect with one another. --> MyVetwork - Join Today!

god bless all of them! i'm remembering!

Comment

To all our veterans both retired and serving,

Thank You from the bottom of our hearts:)
        "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

What does Armistice Day mean to you?

Armistice Day services have been been held following the deaths of the last three remaining World War I veterans still living in Britain. How did you mark Armistice Day?

In the UK, the Queen led the country in observing a two-minute silence, while Angela Merkel became the first German chancellor to mark Armistice Day by attending a commemorative event in Paris.

US President Barack Obama laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery.

The silence, observed around the world at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, marks the moment four years of war ended with the signing of the Armistice Treaty by Germany and the Allies in 1918.

As a Retired British serviceman now living in NZ I took time to stand and remember all those that gave everthing for our freedom and way of life we enjoy today. We must NEVER forget them. To do so would be a digrace.

Would be great to hear the thoughts of you guys out there.

Comment

Thinking Of My Dad, Grand Dad and All Those Who've Served

Grandpa lived to see the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month, surviving the Meuse-Argonne with B Co. 364th Inf. Regt. 91st Division and my dad, who survived the "Gauntlet" in N. Korea this month fifty-nine years ago because his step-mother, whom loved him very much, offered her final gift to him by dying.

He got compassionate leave home and avoided what became a slaughter for the 1st Cav Division.

I believe I'm here today because of that woman.

May all the souls of all the soldiers who fell in W.W.I for the allied nations be held close still to our hearts and never forgotten. May my nation never forget its sons and daughters who've served and those who've served and died on all those battlefields since to preserve this wonderful land of ours, especially our youngsters overseas today-wherever they may be.

God bless them all and those here too. They and you are my heros.
            "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
            "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Words don't seem enough to honor vets, especially the ones who died in battle. I imagine them at the moment of death, their realization that life was over for them. Who cannot be moved that? I feel gratitude, but something more, like the feeling I had when I was a kid and 2 guys I had never met before jumped in to help me fight off a gang of bullies. I was grateful, but I felt something more, which, as best I can describe it, is awe in the presence of courage.
              To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Thanks to all the vets, who have served to bring us our freedom that we enjoy today. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X