Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joining the army

hello all

i was wondering if some could help me ,am thinking of joining the army i was wondering if some could tell me which branch of the army would be the best for me

am 22 yers old am a sophomore studding international relations

how does some one apply to ranger school or the green berets or any Special forces unit , do you have to join the marines before you can apply

First both of the units you names are army units. You can request ranger school right out of AIT as well and enlist with a conditional ranger contract but the odds of getting it unless you were awesome as a trainee and you impressed your instructors there alot the odds of getting it are pretty slim.

There is a bit more info here.

There are also a few marine special forces units however they are smaller and almost all are built from people allready enlisted. Marsoc usually draws from people with at least 2 years in but it is not set in stone.

If you are currently in decent academic standing I would actually talk to your schools ROTC office directly. If not go talk to the recruiter.

Comment

Thanks for your help

But wow, you need 31 out 40 on your ASVAB to be able to join the ranger school that cant be right can it ?

I took a practice test its 4 subjects with a combined score of 40 and I got a 28

Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      Last edited by Oxymoron; 09 Nov 09,, 16:50.

Comment

I'm not sure about the new grading scale last time I took the asvab it was still under the old scale. However getting into the upper percentiles at that time wasn't hard. If you aren't capable of scoring that high perhaps a different MOS or career field is a better match for you.

Comment

Working...
        X