Brit killed in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brit killed in Texas

This sort of thing doesn't lend credence to gun ownership , another nail in the coffin , caused by bloody lunatics ,, allegedly,, RIP young man

A British man has been shot dead after a gunman opened fire after walking into a bar in the United States.
    Thomas Reeve, 28, was killed in Amarillo, Texas, after shots were fired at several drinkers, the Foreign Office confirmed.

The attacker also robbed and sexually assaulted other customers, it was alleged.

A Foreign Office spokeswoman said: "We can confirm the death of Thomas Reeve and we are providing consular assistance to the family."

According to US reports, Ray Carlos Cisneros, 25, is being questioned over the shooting

Shooters

We are some shootin' mofos these days. Gotta think there's some copy-cattin' goin' on here...

...again.

God bless and may he R.I.P. All in all, not the worst place to die-a bar in Amarillo with a drink in hand.
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
      This sort of thing doesn't lend credence to gun ownership , another nail in the coffin , caused by bloody lunatics ,, allegedly,, RIP young man

A British man has been shot dead after a gunman opened fire after walking into a bar in the United States.
      Thomas Reeve, 28, was killed in Amarillo, Texas, after shots were fired at several drinkers, the Foreign Office confirmed.

The attacker also robbed and sexually assaulted other customers, it was alleged.

A Foreign Office spokeswoman said: "We can confirm the death of Thomas Reeve and we are providing consular assistance to the family."

According to US reports, Ray Carlos Cisneros, 25, is being questioned over the shooting

The big problem is the differance in cultures, America has a gun culture, up until a few years ago, we did not.

So long as guns are freely available then such killings will take place. I noticed too, that the gunman at Fort hood used his own guns and got them past gate guards!

Comment

R.I.P.

You know what they say. An armed society is a polite society. The criminal scum wouldn't have tried that shit if everybody there was armed. Too bad they wasn't? And this is Texas?!

Nevermind, guns and alcohol don't mix.

Comment

Originally posted by junoth1001 View Post
          The big problem is the differance in cultures, America has a gun culture, up until a few years ago, we did not.

So long as guns are freely available then such killings will take place. I noticed too, that the gunman at Fort hood used his own guns and got them past gate guards!
          Really, the UK has some of the strictest gun laws on the planet and your gun violence is going up. Our laws are much more permissive, but our violence is going down.

People bent on murder will find a way to act it out.

Comment

Uncertainty breeds fear

Originally posted by AdvanXer View Post
            R.I.P.

You know what they say. An armed society is a polite society. The criminal scum wouldn't have tried that shit if everybody there was armed. Too bad they wasn't? And this is Texas?!

Nevermind, guns and alcohol don't mix.
            Well, it's hard to pull a Columbine if the assailant does not know just who has what. Last thing he needs is for the bartender to pull out an H&K G36 and put him to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by junoth1001 View Post

He was a respected Mjr , working on the largest post , day in day out , getting access to weapons would be no problem .

Comment

tankie Reply

"He was a respected Mjr , working on the largest post , day in day out , getting access to weapons would be no problem ."

Hasan? Getting a weapon from a private dealer off-post no problem. Moreover, being a major or living near the nation's largest army base wouldn't have had a thing to do with enhancing his ability to get a weapon.

You can buy one anywhere in America, I believe, for very little trouble, major or otherwise.

However, NOBODY walks into an arms room and just checks out two hand-guns, ammo, and multiple clips. Especially head-shrink docs in a medical company.

I'm pretty damned sure of that.
                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
                  "He was a respected Mjr , working on the largest post , day in day out , getting access to weapons would be no problem ."

Hasan? Getting a weapon from a private dealer off-post no problem. Moreover, being a major or living near the nation's largest army base wouldn't have had a thing to do with enhancing his ability to get a weapon.

You can buy one anywhere in America, I believe, for very little trouble, major or otherwise.

However, NOBODY walks into an arms room and just checks out two hand-guns, ammo, and multiple clips. Especially head-shrink docs in a medical company.

I'm pretty damned sure of that.
                  Well i know when i was in ,if an officer wanted a weapon for range practice , he was not questioned about it Steve , ;)

Comment

tankie Reply

Eric,

"Well i know when i was in ,if an officer wanted a weapon for range practice , he was not questioned about it Steve"

That's because you guys had proper officers like Lukins. My arms room had to be on the lookout for guys like me.

Think about it.:))

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
                      Eric,

"Well i know when i was in ,if an officer wanted a weapon for range practice , he was not questioned about it Steve"

That's because you guys had proper officers like Lukins. My arms room had to be on the lookout for guys like me.

Think about it.:))
                      Ahh yes ,level 666 , maniac . but i will keep other thoughts to myself ;)

Comment

Well i know when i was in ,if an officer wanted a weapon for range practice , he was not questioned about it Steve , ;)
                        Now I find that hard to believe, no way would an Officer CO or otherwise would be allowed to draw out a weapon unless it was for a designated Range Practice or for Guard Duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaobam Armour View Post
                          Now I find that hard to believe, no way would an Officer CO or otherwise would be allowed to draw out a weapon unless it was for a designated Range Practice or for Guard Duty.
                          Which is why i said range practice C/A , BUT, Officers would not be questioned ,especially the C/O or even an O/C , they sign the chits don't they , who is gonna tell the C/O or the O/C they cant have their personal weapon , if the arms store man wanted to keep his tape/s , he sure as hell would not question his commanding officer .Rank as you know has its privileges , i believe you were a W01 , THE GOD of the reg , your word would not be questioned .

Cant speak for the 2nd mate but weapons were easy come by , bear in mind i left in 82 , we even had a guy in 1RTR who had his own 45 and could access it whenever he needed it , more info in a PM if you wish

Every Friday we had small arms cleaning , 9mm smg +7.62 gimmpy , anyone can withhold ammo from a range , and often did , i have no live rounds or empty cases in my possession Sir , (ring any bells ) but lots of them became ornaments didnt they , we had one guy in 1RTR who was found with a clip of 30MM Rarden in his locker , he got time but still ended up a WO1 in a Yeomanry outfit , in fact i was coming back from leave in Luton Airport and he was handed over to me as a prisoner .;)
                          Last edited by tankie; 08 Nov 09,, 21:30.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                            Really, the UK has some of the strictest gun laws on the planet and your gun violence is going up. Our laws are much more permissive, but our violence is going down.

People bent on murder will find a way to act it out.
                            Nail firmly driven home ;)

Comment

Which is why i said range practice C/A , BUT, Officers would not be questioned ,especially the C/O or even an O/C , they sign the chits don't they , who is gonna tell the C/O or the O/C they cant have their personal weapon , if the arms store man wanted to keep his tape/s , he sure as hell would not question his commanding officer .Rank as you know has its privileges , i believe you were a W01 , THE GOD of the reg , your word would not be questioned .

Cant speak for the 2nd mate but weapons were easy come by , bear in mind i left in 82 , we even had a guy in 1RTR who had his own 45 and could access it whenever he needed it , more info in a PM if you wish

Every Friday we had small arms cleaning , 9mm smg +7.62 gimmpy , anyone can withhold ammo from a range , and often did , i have no live rounds or empty cases in my possession Sir , (ring any bells ) but lots of them became ornaments didnt they , we had one guy in 1RTR who was found with a clip of 30MM Rarden in his locker , he got time but still ended up a WO1 in a Yeomanry outfit , in fact i was coming back from leave in Luton Airport and he was handed over to me as a prisoner .;)
                              He wasn't a smallish guy, that went to the Dorset Yeomanry was he? ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X