No announcement yet.

Dutch MP speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting. Do you have a link for that speech?

Gordon: From your recent trips to America, how concerned are you about the rise of Islamization here?

Wilders: Although the Islamization in America isn’t as widespread as in Europe, it is a genuine threat. America is facing a 'stealth Jihad', an Islamic attempt to introduce Sharia law bit by bit. There are a growing number of examples of Islamization in the United States, for instance Muslim cab drivers at Minneapolis airport refusing over five thousand passengers because they were carrying alcohol; Muslim students demanding separate housing on university campuses; Muslim women demanding separate hours in gyms and swimming pools. I could go on and on. Also, the recent changes in policy of the American government do not bode well for the future. The United States recently joined Egypt in sponsoring an anti-free speech resolution in the UN Human Rights Council. The Obama-administration and Europe supported a resolution to recognize exceptions to free speech for any negative religious stereotyping. This appeasement of the non-free Arab world is the beginning of the end. It is erosion of free speech and of the First Amendment. This UN resolution is an absolute disgrace. But fortunately, a growing number of Americans take notice of what is happening and are aware that if things continue like this, America will have the same problems as we are currently faced with in Europe.
    interview
    Last edited by silentsam; 04 Nov 09,, 16:51.
    Aut vincere aut mori

Comment

BBC NEWS | Americas | Immigrants in the American heartland

Comment

I think the issue is as much with the attitudes of the immigrants as it is with the official. An immigrant should at least publically adopt the values of the country he chose to go to instead of attempting to turn his neighborhood into a minature version of what he left. If where he left was so great why not stay there? If where he is now is so bad why come? Now I fully understand holding onto some traditions of home such as a few favorite meals, or maybe comfortable chair or grandfather clock, however treating people utterly differently and using the laws of your former home and insisting everyone else observe them as well is not acceptable.

Comment

In the Uk there is a back lash with the rise of the BNP and England Defence League which has had several fights with radical Muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxor View Post
            I think the issue is as much with the attitudes of the immigrants as it is with the official. An immigrant should at least publically adopt the values of the country he chose to go to instead of attempting to turn his neighborhood into a minature version of what he left. If where he left was so great why not stay there? If where he is now is so bad why come? Now I fully understand holding onto some traditions of home such as a few favorite meals, or maybe comfortable chair or grandfather clock, however treating people utterly differently and using the laws of your former home and insisting everyone else observe them as well is not acceptable.
            What about the Little Italys and Chinatowns of days past? These ended up being part of the cultural landscape in several major cities in North America.

I really don't see a problem as long as it's done in moderation (i.e. no Sharia law). It's all one big melting pot.

I see your point of view, but just think how the natives felt when we came here... ;) Some change is going to occur, no matter what.

Comment

[QUOTE=DPrime;697247]
              I really don't see a problem as long as it's done in moderation (i.e. no Sharia law). It's all one big melting pot./QUOTE]

Too late. The public, in general was not informed of this happening.

"There are as many as 85 sharia courts operating in Britain, according to a new report.
              Academic Denis MacEoin, the report's author, said the existence of the courts practising Islamic law could lead to different legal standards being applied to Muslim and non-Muslim citizens.
              He said many of the courts operate out of mosques and their rulings are closed off to non-Muslims".

One Country 2 Law Courts:(

Comment

Working...
              X