Lady Godiva's on foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Godiva's on foot

Glamour girls have marched topless through a city centre to show their support for British troops fighting abroad .

A dozen women, wearing only tight leather trousers and camouflage body paint across their tops, stunned shoppers, builders and office workers as they paraded in Manchester, inviting crowds of onlookers to drop spare change into plastic buckets to raise cash for British forces.

The event was organised by artist Fanny Gough, from Worsley, Greater Manchester, as part of a campaign run by Support Our Soldiers (SOS), a charity set up for members of the Armed Forces and their families.

The group campaigns to get better equipment for British forces and sends shoe box parcels of coffee, tea and chocolate to troops in Afghanistan.

It has been claimed British forces abroad have had to get second jobs to raise funds to buy their own equipment.

Sarah Longbottom, a Page 3 girl on Tuesday's march who has a brother serving in the forces, said: "We want to get our lads some decent luxury items, if it means us getting our b00bs out then we are going to do it.

"We don't want to come across as really really political but on a serious note they are not being looked after so we are here to look after them today."

The Support Our Soldiers campaign website is at supportoursoldiers.co.uk

Good for them , but notice ,it says HAVE marched mind there are some apt names amongst them huh , but they should not have had to do it ,and as long as people like these perform these selfless acts , the more the Govt will let them.:(
    Last edited by tankie; 29 Sep 09,, 19:14.

Originally posted by tankie View Post
    Sarah Longbottom, a Page 3 girl on Tuesday's march who has a brother serving in the forces, said: "We want to get our lads some decent luxury items, if it means us getting our b00bs out then we are going to do it.
    There's...really just no other way of putting it I guess.

"B00bs are the center of power" - Bill Engvall
    Supporting or defending Donald Trump is such an unforgivable moral failing that it calls every bit of your judgement and character into question. Nothing about you should be trusted if you can look at this man and find redeemable value

Comment

Brit Soldiers have been buying their own kit for as long as I know, nothing new there.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaobam Armour View Post
        Brit Soldiers have been buying their own kit for as long as I know, nothing new there.
        Soooooooooooo true C/A or traded with other outfits , thing is the Army encouraged it ,in our mob the issue landyard was a thick orangey one , but woe betide if you wore it , it was off to the PRI and purchase a new slim red one , i know a Sgt in 1 RTR came on parade with his issue one and refused to buy a PRI one , (cant remember his name ) Nuts dya remember him ?? he never did the parade i believe , but technically he was in his rights , but stupid in his stubbornness , now whatever became of him i wonder

But the MOD should go all out to ensure the best kit is available on active duty :(

Comment

From what I have seen the kit the guys have got now is pretty top notce stuff. They have just been issed with new helmets and body armour. The big things squaddies used to buy was decent footwear, wonder if it is the same today. Anything better than DMS, or Boots Combat High.

Comment

Go on then Tankie,"What does D.M.S. stand for, show your age"?

Comment

Go on then Tankie,"What does D.M.S. stand for, show your age"?
              Direct Molded Soul pass me zimmer

Comment

Any Pics of these ladies?

Comment

Any Pics of these ladies?
                  Yea but ya wouldnt like em , they look a bit grainy so i wont post em so ya dont have to strain your eyes right time for bed , me tickers had all the healthy brandy it can take for tonight , hic ;)
                  Last edited by tankie; 30 Sep 09,, 19:10.

Comment

Direct Molded Soul pass me zimmer
                    'Demz Ma Shoes" :))

Comment

You mean the people dont get together back home and send care packages to the lads?

I sincerely hope they do.:(
                      Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                        You mean the people dont get together back home and send care packages to the lads?

I sincerely hope they do.:(
                        They certainly do Dreads , but we mean the lads who buy there own combat gear
                        Last edited by tankie; 30 Sep 09,, 19:59.

Comment

'Demz Ma Shoes" :))
                          Sniped , AGAIN

Comment

They certainly do Dreads , but we mean the who lads buy there own combat gear
                            Shhhew! Glad to hear you say that. I would be shocked if they didnt.:)
                            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                              Shhhew! Glad to hear you say that. I would be shocked if they didnt.:)
                              Over the Christmas period the public are asked not to send to much as the Air Force can't cope with demand.

Comment

Working...
                              X