Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question- What do y'all Americans want of the British Forces?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question- What do y'all Americans want of the British Forces?

Well, I have been looking back through some old threads and I found one of the good Col's ones. (http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/fie...want-cf-4.html if you are interested)

Considering I have seen a lot of.... interesting (shall we say), attitutes to Britain (and her Forces) here, other places on the internet and through interaction with Americans in person I decided to create a thread to see what Americans (just Americans for this one) want/expect of Her Majesty's Forces.

So, debate/dream/rant/etc away.

(Mods- I see there is potential for some flaming and like in such a thread so no objections if you want to shut it down, but I wouldn't mind seeing what comes up if its all the same to you.)
    Nulli Secundus
    People always talk of dying for their country, and never of making the other bastard die for his

Originally posted by Shiny Capstar View Post
    Well, I have been looking back through some old threads and I found one of the good Col's ones. (http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/fie...want-cf-4.html if you are interested)

Considering I have seen a lot of.... interesting (shall we say), attitutes to Britain (and her Forces) here, other places on the internet and through interaction with Americans in person I decided to create a thread to see what Americans (just Americans for this one) want/expect of Her Majesty's Forces.

So, debate/dream/rant/etc away.

(Mods- I see there is potential for some flaming and like in such a thread so no objections if you want to shut it down, but I wouldn't mind seeing what comes up if its all the same to you.)
    Simple really, keep on keeping on. The UK was beside us in Iraq, and is still beside us in Afghanistan. Under the NATO alliance, you didn't have to opt in. Our NATO allies freely chose to join us. Thank you one and all. That act of generosity has played a part in getting you attacked on your home soil by Al Queda.

Comment

Greatly admire and respect Her Majesty's forces....even the Brigade of Guards!

If I have one complaint...I wish there were more of you!
      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

Nothing negative to report here. Trained with some Brits once long ago. Biggest difference we had was they didn't think much of our cold beer (as I couldn't stand room temp either). Hope we are always on the same side. There are many here on the WAB I consider a friend as well.:)

Comment

We'd like there to be a few more of you running around, Also do you think you could do a better job of keeping your other former colonies civilized, they seem taken with some oddly extreme notions of turning into non-english speaking places run amok.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiny Capstar View Post
            Question- What do y'all Americans want of the British Forces?
            We want your stiff upper lips. Your bearskin caps and your sharp-looking scarlet red uniforms.

Hand them over.
            Supporting or defending Donald Trump is such an unforgivable moral failing that it calls every bit of your judgement and character into question. Nothing about you should be trusted if you can look at this man and find redeemable value

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
              Greatly admire and respect Her Majesty's forces....even the Brigade of Guards!

If I have one complaint...I wish there were more of you!
              There are more than a few of us who wish we could 'turn back the clock' and join the guys out there. The body is willing but the Government is weak:)

Comment

This "Other" Queen's Officer is itching for his say but I am not American.

Comment

I don't believe there are any four nations on Earth more intertwined culturally, and of the same general mindset, as Great Britain and her former possessions of Australia, Canada, and the U.S. Despite some modest differences, we are like four siblings riding this insane spaceship Earth that are always there for each other. I can't think of anything right now that we need.

Actually, I can. We need a fresh crop of British comedians like Benny Hill and Monty Python, although they are not "British Forces" per se.

Comment

A return to the original numbers,strategy and prowess of the Royal Navy would be nice for starters.:));):P

Then we can work on Tankies problems.:));)
                    Last edited by Dreadnought; 25 Aug 09,, 13:36.
                    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                      This "Other" Queen's Officer is itching for his say but I am not American.
                      Of course you are, Colonel.

You are a North American!
                      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                      Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                        Of course you are, Colonial.

You are a North American!
                        Edit for spelling ;)

There are a fair few Americans knocking around my camp in the last few weeks (together with some Canadians and a grand total of one Australian who is totally taking advantage of his accent... git!), being new to the forces I didn't full understand quite how close the British relationship with our American cousins really was until now.

I must say its a really good feeling to meet a group of guys from four different countries who have just got back from a tour together, and see just how close they are. :)

Comment

Originally posted by VarSity View Post
                          Edit for spelling ;)

There are a fair few Americans knocking around my camp in the last few weeks (together with some Canadians and a grand total of one Australian who is totally taking advantage of his accent... git!), being new to the forces I didn't full understand quite how close the British relationship with our American cousins really was until now.

I must say its a really good feeling to meet a group of guys from four different countries who have just got back from a tour together, and see just how close they are. :)
                          Good to see all is well..how is the army thing going with you?:) Tell us what you are up to these days and what have they got you doing trade wise?

Comment

Originally posted by VarSity View Post
                            Edit for spelling ;)

Brothers in arms mate ,,,,when we worked with the yanks the trading of goods was good as well ;)

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                              We want your stiff upper lips. Your bearskin caps and your sharp-looking scarlet red uniforms.

Hand them over.
                              Ha , you been watching too many old war films aintcha , but , ok ya can have em ,, toodle pip ,OLD CHAP .;)

Comment

Working...
                              X