X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BadKharma
    replied
    Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
    Present arms!..........................Order arms!

Fall out!:cheers:
    Hope to see you here next year.;)
    That is for sure

Last edited by BadKharma; 13 Nov 10,, 18:41.

Leave a comment:

• tankie
    replied
    DONT THESE BASTARDS SICKEN YA , GET TO HEEL YOU SICK DOGS , THEY GIVE LAW ABIDING RESPECTFUL MUSLIMS A BAD NAME .

Daily Star

VILE Muslim protesters set fire to poppies and screamed: “British soldiers burn in Hell!” as the UK held a two-minute silence to honour troops yesterday.

Extremists, some covering their faces, waved banners reading: “Islam will dominate” as they gathered near London’s Royal Albert Hall.

Throughout the rest of the country millions united to take part in a solemn tribute to our heroic war dead.
    Last edited by tankie; 13 Nov 10,, 17:34.

Leave a comment:

• tankie
    replied
    I toasted many absent friends yesterday , the local cenotaph was quiet as most people attend on the sunday .

SALUTE

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Present Arms

God Bless.
    Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 12 Nov 10,, 18:31.

Leave a comment:

• Blue
    replied
    Present arms!..........................Order arms!

Fall out!:cheers:

Hope to see you here next year.;)

Leave a comment:

• Kilo 2-3
    replied
    To all who serve and have served, God bless.

You are not forgotten.

Leave a comment:

• USSWisconsin
    replied
    Thank you to all have served our country, you have and always will have the undying gratitude of my family and myself

Here is a nice video about our veterans, it is worth watching, it brought tears to my eyes
    YouTube - I Fought For You By The Sound Tank

Leave a comment:

• Canmoore
    replied
    Remembrance Day 2010

In Flanders Fields
    -John McCrae 1915

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
    Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
    Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
    We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie
    In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
    To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
    We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
    In Flanders fields.

Lest we forget

Leave a comment:

• S2
    replied
    My thanks particularly to those serving and, especially, those deployed to places where their lives are threatened daily by many who'd otherwise be threatening all of us. God love and protect them that they might do the same for the rest of us.

Leave a comment:

• Albany Rifles
    replied
    Thanks, Captain.

I lost this video when my old computer crashed.

In the US 11 November is Veterans' Day and honors and commemorates all who served. We have a separate holiday in on the last Monday in May called Memorial Day which honors all who have fallen in defense of our country.

Personnally, I think I like the way the Commonwealth does it better because it ties to a specific historical date.

That said, Happy Veterans' Day and Rememberance Day to all.

Leave a comment:

• captain
    replied
    A pittance of time.

Today, as has always been the practice in my business, my staff and I stopped to remember.
    As usual there are always a few who enter at that time who do not observe and have in past years shown their displeasure at having to wait.

Today, Vicroads which is a Victorian government department had issued an edict that they would not observe because it was culturally insensitive to some members of their staff and the multicultural society in general.

Due to public backlash the minister responsible was forced to reverse the decision.

Canadian, Terry Kelly says what I and many others think.

Last edited by captain; 11 Nov 10,, 14:11.

Leave a comment:

• tankie
    replied
    Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    Ours is still 11 November.

This song still hits a nerve

http://www.army.gc.ca/chief_land_sta...s/TKeng6mb.wmv

On the 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month, please give 2 minutes of silence.

I just have Col ,and again on Sunday , 11 / 11 /10 , Next year will be the best and maybe forgotten for the next time of 11 / 11/ 11 ,and most appropriate ? and now in full civilian/military attire , I will toast absent friends .

SALUTE .
    Last edited by tankie; 11 Nov 10,, 13:16.

Leave a comment:

• Capsoda
    replied
    Originally posted by great one View Post
    I would like to post a thread on the 90th anniversary of the armistice that ended World War 1. I would welcome contributions from everyone who has knowledge of World War 1 to discuss how the conflict changed Europe and the World forever.

I would like to discuss how it changed the balance of power in Europe with the Austro Hungarian, Imperial German and Tsarist Russian Empires dissapearing.

How were Great Britain, France and the USA affected by World War 1?
    My Grand Dad said it sure changed him. Said "Them French girls didn't speak no English but the could under stand what he meant". He saw some nasty stuff over there and was very disappointed that the world did not learn from it. He would say, "I guess the future is war and off we'll march to it".

he was a very smart man and I do miss him.

For Gramps, my Dad, my two older brothers and veterans everywhere...and I guess myself too....Thanks for the job well done.

Leave a comment:

• tankie
    replied
    r i p

Leave a comment:

• pate
    replied
    A bit late I offer Vet's day and the day after Happy Birthdays to anyone who knows what I talk about...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X