X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kernow
    replied
    Lest We Forget. To my old friend, and loader Steve Tancock R.I.P. (Iraq 2003)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Ours is still 11 November.

This song still hits a nerve

http://www.army.gc.ca/chief_land_sta...s/TKeng6mb.wmv

On the 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month, please give 2 minutes of silence.

Leave a comment:

• RustyBattleship
    replied
    We now call it Veteran's Day in honor of all veterans of all wars.

We had a Veteran's Day Parade in Long Beach. I hitched a ride in the truck pulling the 40-foot long model of the USS Nevada that was used in "Tora Tora Tora". It's the only one left of all the models built for that movie and is being taken care of at the Naval Weapons Center in Seal Beach.

Even on Atlantic Avenue in North Long Beach, I still wind up on a Battleship.

They also had the 30-foot long model of the USS Long Beach in the parade after undergoing a couple of years of repair. That model was built in our Pattern Maker shop at the Long Beach Naval Shipyard.

We had a group of reinactors in Civil War uniforms and a group of WW I preservationists in American, German and French uniforms of 1918. Before the parade started they got a kick out of me "inspecting" their rifles. Had to make sure the Doughboys were carrying 03 Springfields and not 03-A3.

Leave a comment:

• solardive
    replied
    Good acknowlegement
    !

Leave a comment:

• great one
    started a topic 11 November

11 November

I would like to post a thread on the 90th anniversary of the armistice that ended World War 1. I would welcome contributions from everyone who has knowledge of World War 1 to discuss how the conflict changed Europe and the World forever.

I would like to discuss how it changed the balance of power in Europe with the Austro Hungarian, Imperial German and Tsarist Russian Empires dissapearing.

How were Great Britain, France and the USA affected by World War 1?
Working...
X