This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexRAF1981 View Post
    Nice to see so many current and ex-serving personnel getting along so well ;)
    In my experience, most soldiers consider other soldiers their brothers even if they are on the other side of the wall.

Comment

Proudly served a total of 7 years. In the Marine Corps from 90 to 96, and later on joined the National Guard in 2004, only 1 year though. My wife threatend that I would accidently shoot myself while cleaning my bushmaster, if I didn't leave the service;) Heh, sometimes I wonder who is more dangerous, Taliban or Vengeful wife;)

Comment

24 counting enlisted/officer/reserve

Comment

Military Service

7 years total, British Army, Radio Operator, 1986-1994

Comment

Originally posted by Buggerit View Post
            7 years total, British Army, Radio Operator, 1986-1994
            buggerit:))Welcome..What mob was you with? There are (as you can see) lots of Military here so can you please tell us all a tad about yourself and your service life;)

Comment

I am 6 years out! :))

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                buggerit:))Welcome..What mob was you with? There are (as you can see) lots of Military here so can you please tell us all a tad about yourself and your service life;)

Joined 63 Signals (TA) in mid 86'
                Transfered into 264 Signals '89 for operational trials of new radio PRC319 and was given the oppertunity to stay via short term enlistment scheme.

No. 24734725, basic training with 11 Signals Cat. Garr.
                Signals training up to R/O B2 within own unit.

Now working as a maintenance engineer with a firm making contact lenses.

Comment

8 or 9 years total(too lazy to get up and look at my discharge). 3 years AD starting in 85. Unc sam never let me out of cent america much so on 29 Aug of '88, I punched my own damn ticket home. I'm 41 in a few days and depending on who wins the next election and depending on the job Unc sam will give me, I plan to go back in at 43( I've got till 45). I'm sure I won't get in half as much trouble this time, lol!

Comment

33 years with out the academy years !we indians are truly lifers.

Comment

• Originally posted by tanker_jitty View Post
                      33 years with out the academy years !we indians are truly lifers.
                      You surely are! :) It took me some time to get the khaki blood out of my system, and I had to force myself to think like a civilian.
                      Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

• Originally posted by glyn View Post
                        \I had to force myself to think like a civilian.
                        Did it work?
                        In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
                        The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan187 View Post
                          Did it work?
                          After 30 years of 'Service before self' ethos it wasn't easy, but it worked eventually. Tell us about your service.
                          Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

• Originally posted by glyn View Post
                            After 30 years of 'Service before self' ethos it wasn't easy, but it worked eventually. Tell us about your service.
                            All in due time.
                            In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
                            The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

• Usn

Enlisted in 1986
                              4 or so years aboard the USS Iowa
                              Joint Intelligence Center Pacific in Hawaii for 3 years
                              COMUSNAVCENT in Bahrain for 1 year
                              COMPHIBRON IV for 2 years
                              Various schools mostly in Dam Neck Virginia Beach for a year or so
                              Two years active reserves
                              Left active duty in 1997
                              Left the reserves in early 2000

Last 10 years in a Bank working in Information security with a bunch of ex military folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny W View Post
                                Enlisted in 1986
                                4 or so years aboard the USS Iowa
                                Joint Intelligence Center Pacific in Hawaii for 3 years
                                COMUSNAVCENT in Bahrain for 1 year
                                COMPHIBRON IV for 2 years
                                Various schools mostly in Dam Neck Virginia Beach for a year or so
                                Two years active reserves
                                Left active duty in 1997
                                Left the reserves in early 2000

Last 10 years in a Bank working in Information security with a bunch of ex military folks.

Nice resume. Half a lifer. In 4 years on the Iowa you must have collected a few bumps on your noggin.:))
                                To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Working...
                                X